It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wonder if you knew ATS posters IRL?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I've had lots of discussions throughout my life pertaining to conspiracies and other fringe topics. Many of these people educated me, and as I read posts here each day, I really wonder if some of those great minds found their way to ATS.

Has anyone ever found someone out on here? Although I've mentioned this site to a handful of people, I wouldn't pass my username to anyone - I value the privacy we have (private, to a degree). I wonder if the trainer from my high school, who introduced me to conspiracy theory via Lifton's "Best Evidence", which covered the JFK asassination, found ATS. Or the girl who was at my house to watch LiveAid when we had a very bizaare paranormal experience with...I don't know what it was - ever came here to tell our story.

So peoples, share your ATS-reality experiences here! I want to hear about them!

Have you ever invited someone to join ATS? Have you asked anyone's permission to relate a tale that involved them? And have you ever realized that you knew a poster in the real world?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
And have you ever realized that you knew a poster in the real world?

I know about 20 members in RL. Met most of them here though.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My philosophy professor makes mention of "sheeple" and mainstream media from time to time, he's mentioned Ron Paul and he 'denies ignorance,' since day one I've wondered if he's on here somwehere...

link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I know of one that lives in my area. Never met them IRL though. It would be nice...

link   
I get a kick out of the fact that I know a couple of members here that do not know that I know them. Their posts

are a constant source of entertainment for me.

link   
Never knew anyone in real life before ATS, that I found my self, but I've since met a friend of a friend, and a few local people

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So you became acquaintances here on ATS, and got on so well, you met up? Are they all close by, or did some of you travel to meet each other?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
My philosophy professor makes mention of "sheeple" and mainstream media from time to time, he's mentioned Ron Paul and he 'denies ignorance,' since day one I've wondered if he's on here somwehere...

I've had this experience. It also seems like ATS goes has catch-phrases, and when I hear those, my ears perk up a bit. Right now the secret word is "jingoism".

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
I get a kick out of the fact that I know a couple of members here that do not know that I know them. Their posts

are a constant source of entertainment for me.

That must be funny. I can think of a few people whose written, uncensored thoughts I'd love to read!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

A bit of travel is involved. The closest is about an hour away. The furthest I've gone is Montreal to the east(6 hour drive but I flew) and 4 hours west, north of Detroit.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I once shared an alien abduction experience with Slayer69.
Wait... maybe that was just Grey with a goatee?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i used to have a neighbor litteraly right across the hall from me.
i think i said somthing to the effect of "only thing i use internet for is gameing and netflix and an awsome conspiracy site"

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have invited someone here, but I don't think they have shown up yet.
I haven't met anyone IRL yet, but I do talk to a few I've met here.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My son is on here but doesnt really post.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The guy that sold me my last car was on here, when we were talking about the financing I mentioned something like you never know when you'll need a 4x4.

Some how from there we started talking about prepping and he told me I should go to this forum he goes to. I started laughing and said ats? He said yea, he told me he was a regular poster but wouldn't tell me who, jokingly said he didn't want me thinking he was a tin foil hat wearing loon.

Though it was a pretty cool chance encounter, I told him to look for my avatar and he said "oh I know you!"

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I know one member for sure, but that person does not know I know them, and for the sake of their privacy, I prefer to leave it that way.

I also know you would be very surprised at who is on ATS. I was. Unfortunately, I can't say who, or how I know, so take it with a grain of salt, and for what it's worth.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Is it me?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have a family member that posts on here but not often..Ive met 1 person on here that lives in my area that posts on here often we chat allot on the phone i met him through the family member above..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've met around 8-10 ATS guys and girls in real life since Ive been on here , without fail they have all been really lovely.
Ive never met a random person and then found out that they post here though, maybe if more of us buy the gear from the ATS shop we would spot each-other more easily

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

maybe if more of us buy the gear from the ATS shop we would spot each-other more easily

I KNEW IT!!!
Mods are paid a commission!

Just kidding.

I have actually thought about buying an ATS tee or hat, but then I think about trying to explain the whole "deny ignorance" thing and realize that I'm just too lazy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join