It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights over southeast Portland.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So my brother and his friend were just out riding his bike and they say they saw 5 lights all in a line. The lights were in the southwest sky, from far east southeast Portland. They said the lights slowly descended all in a line and stopped. Unfortunately they have no pictures. Anyone see the same?

Edit: They say they also saw a helicopter in the area and its possible they were helicopters, but why in the middle of the night all in formation I have no idea.

Update: 45 minutes later and I just went outside and there is still a helicopter seemingly circling that area.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i've spent the last hour on google trying to find SOMETHING on this sighting.

my girlfriend and i definitely had a sighting of our own. we live in the SW and were out for a walk around 8:05pm.

here's the full story:

My girlfriend and I were leaving our apartment in the SW to make a run to the grocery store across the street from our complex. We got out into the parking lot when I noticed something flashing in the SE sky. At first glance I thought that we may have been witnessing a dying star due to its initial redness in color. This theory was quickly debunked by noticeable movement of the object. We based the movement of the object on the tree lines that were directly in our line of sight. It quickly became apparent that the object was hovering, then moving up and down, side to side, in a slow but erratic sort of flight path.

We walked down the street to where we could get a better view of the object. It seemed to be moving faster and with more definition, but still maintaining its approximate position in the sky. The lights would flash red, then white, then red, then white as if we were constantly seeing different sides and angles of the object. It was also apparent at this time that the object appeared to be disc shaped.

There were planes in the sky by which to compare the object. There were no similarities in flight paths, object behavior, or patterns in the flashing lights that we witnessed. We again walked to an area of the street where we thought we could get a better view of the object. By this point, it had completely disappeared from sight. We returned to where we saw the object before, but nothing was left in the sky to be seen.

This was a clear night. No clouds in the sky, moderate temperatures. Planes were evident as I am certain other common flight craft would be as well.
edit on 25-9-2012 by earnyoursleep because: location

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by earnyoursleep

Very odd. Doesn't sound anything like what my brother saw. Possibly, he saw military helicopters in response to what you saw. He said it could have been a squadron.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

A few weeks ago, 6 Chinook helicopters flew directly over my house in formation heading in the direction of Evergreen aviation in Mcminville. This was in broad daylight, so I do not know if this is along the same lines of what you saw. It seems like there has been an increase of military air traffic lately, possibly training? Could be something very different, who knows. Thanks for the thread!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VikingWarlord

Seems likely, a bit strange honestly. I also heard some strange booms about a week and a half ago. It sounded like a distant war zone. Definitely weren't fireworks, more like distant explosions. Went on for about 5-10 minutes.

top topics

join