It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packers Get The Shaft, BIG TIME! WORST Call In NFL History!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Right, it's a valuable common interest among people in America.

I was waiting in line to order a coffee at McDonalds around midnight and they were backed up and slow, there's a guy standing there next to me and we start talking about the Monday Night Football game.

I'm not going to turn to a stranger and say, "Dude, the Israel situation is out of control. People need to start realizing there is corruption in out governments Middle East interests."

But I can easily turn and say, "Did you see the football game?" Which leads to a friendly conversation and a moment of unity between two individuals that never have met.

The guy started talking about how he picks games every week with his son. Yeah, no more focus on sports. Let's have the children be focused on polarization in American politics instead.

Lighthearted stuff is needed. And plenty of good comes from sports culture in the US.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

is it possible that the whole uproar is merely a ploy to somehow break the union?

the referee's union is pretty strong.

i don't know what the referees want that the NFL is not willing to give.

if the games get "bad enough to cause a team to lose" then the NFL may bust the union and hire in new regulars with little benefits.

just a thought.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ands

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
reply to post by jude11

I am very opinionated and focused on the subjects of National and global events, food, economy, industry, human rights and war. Among many other topics that are very important in this world.

Maybe you will be surprised that, in fact, I do agree with you and your decision to point out that sports and other forms of entertainment serve as a distraction to the general population,OVERWHELMINGLY. However, I am not asleep. I keep close tabs on the events in the world around me and am aware... I know many other are NOT.

In most cases I would not choose to author a thread on something as offtopic as this, but I felt it was important news to get out at the time, because of how unfair and HUGE it was in the world of sports & history.

Out of all the threads on ATS I highly doubt this 1 thread will serve to disrupt an entire network of conspiracy-related threads. It's healthy to be entertained once and a while too.
And as such, there exists a forum for sports on ATS...

And once again I find a common ground with a member,

Please excuse me as I post on my 1 day off and indulge in my JD.

I truly appreciate your sports thread and am even more respectful of your response to my less than enthusiastic reply to a subject I feel strongly about. That being the manipulative distraction from the REAL games afoot.

Thanks for a civil reply to my alternative view,

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Hopefully this will be the catalyst. The only publicly owned team gets shafted by the corporate national football league.

This is a direct strike against the people. I don't think there is any conspiracy here but none the less you have corporate America V.S. regular people.

If this ref thing doesn't get resolved, it's clear indication to me that the national football league cares little about its viewers and their intelligence. They care more about a little money in their pocket. Which is funny because if they lose us as viewers, their bottom line is going to drop out under them in a hurry.

For my own personal input, it should have been an offensive pass interference call on Tate. The video's clearly show him pushing the Green Bay guy in the back before supposedly catching the touchdown pass.

Rules are there for a reason, if you don't follow them, what's the point in watching?

I've considered the idea that the message is: "Non-union workers (and by extension - strikes) create inferior products/services", but I like where you're going too.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wazzman

Good point, there. On some sports talk show I was listening to they talked about how the replacement refs are more likely to be influenced by people looking to fix games. They aren't making a ton of money, most of them are middle class, and they won't be getting paid to ref NFL games for much longer.

A $100,000 bribe being accepted to influence an outcome is more than possible. And a worthy investment for anyone with enough money to win a sure bet for many times the original bribe.

There is a definite history of mob/black market influence on sports in America and a huge gambling industry. So it's possible, for sure.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I don't think they would cause such an uproar in the sports world to try and make a point.

Between you and me, that very point has been received.

Also between you and me, sports fanatics are very emotional about their team. Emotions trump logic almost every time. It makes no sense that they would be sending some kind of message via sports to the masses.

In the end you're right, you get what you pay for. If you want high quality, you have to spend the money.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I just checked the rule book which explains why the call was bogus. (see article 3, Item 5) static.nfl.com...
regardless of who may "deserve" to win a game in someone's opinion the rules are there for a reason and who ever has the high score should win the game, not who may have "played the best" (which can be very subjective)
This had to be intentional, why I have no idea but even replacement refs are not this dumb.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 25-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I watched the game. The only reason for such a blatantly stupid call was that they didn't want a riot on their hands and the ref wanted to leave alive.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I kinda' look at this way:

I have no doubt there are far more critical things going on in the world much more germane to my welfare. I read a study them a lot. However, I cannot focus on those things 24/7. I need a break, a distraction.

Football is a good distraction. Not only do I watch it, I play in IM leagues. Lot's of fun for an old guy. Part of what attracts me to it is the relative fairness of the contest. While not perfect, it is a bastion of 'how it should be' for just a little while to give my soul a break from the sucky-ness of the world outside. It resonates with my sense of justice and fair chase.

After the game is over, back to the grind of lies, corruption, and other BS. Perhaps why some folks are getting fired up about the NFL now is that edifice is cracking. The crap is creeping in. The greed. Maybe that is why it get's me PO-ed.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Amen to that. Well put.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I stand corrected... that is definitely an interception. The refs this season have been a complete joke. Whoever is at fault for this strike needs to bring it to a close. I haven't been following so I don't know the reason for it, but if it's pay, I say pay them more. Refs don't get paid that great to begin with considering all the traveling they do not to mention the sundays and important holidays away from home and now with these crummy refs, we see how truly valuable they really are.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The NFL took their feedback thing offline. Also, one of my local TV stations had to remind people multiple times to "keep it clean" when posting about the call on the station's FB page.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Looks like that user took his video down. No worries, I have another link.

This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in football, ever.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow... you're so original. No duh, we're on a conspiracy site so obviously everyone here cares a bit more than the average joe about todays problems. Does that mean that's all we're supposed to talk about?

I really don't understand why some people on here have a problem with sports. Sport gives us a nice little reprieve from all the bs we're surrounded by on a daily basis. Athletes, maybe not for their intellect and arrogance (most) but atleast for their sheer determination and persistence to be the best are, in my opinion, to be admired.

If you're not into American football, try watching the rest of the world's football. There's a little guy running around right now, Messi, who is just shattering records left and right. The man is humble like no other and his story is inspiring.

One thing I am on board with though is athletes should not be getting free rides to school. It should only be free if they use it to actually get an education, not just a launching pad like most do. In my opinion they should be required to pay back whatever room and board they got free of charge if they leave early to join the draft. School is a place for learning not the olympics.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I stopped watching NFL football years ago when it became obvious that the games are rigged.the officials are only there to make sure that the team that is suppose to win actual does win.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
looked like a touchdown to me.
both players had a hand on the ball.
when both players came down on the ground, the ball was on top of the seattle player. the green bay player rolled off of the seattle player after they were down.

it looked to me like they both had possesion of the ball when they came down. call goes to the passing team.
touchdown seattle.

So you missed the part where the Seahawk receiver who "caught" the pass committed the most blatant act of offensive pass interference I've ever seen? That penalty alone should have recalled the touchdown, but he didn't even catch the damn thing and never had possession.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yeah, "subfab" needs Coke bottles. Jennings caught that pass and hugged it to him. Tate put an arm in there and tried to take it away.

The black ref called it right. He was honest.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by litterbaux

This had to be intentional, why I have no idea but even replacement refs are not this dumb.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 25-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

Its well known that quite a few of the replacement refs are known gamblers so thats enough reason right there for them to make the wrong calls,not only in last nights game but it's been with every game this year. I don't know how anyone can sit there with a straight face and say it was a touchdown.Personally I refuse to watch anymore NFL games until the ref situation is resovled.Yes,I am a Packers fan,but even if I wasn't I'd still feel the same way.The games take WAY too long anymore,there's way too many penalties called,real or imagined..and these refs have NO control over the games.And they're easily intimidated by the crowds/coaches/players.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I believe the replacement refs are Mossad operatives sent here to start some type of civil war. Mahmoud alluded to this in his UN speech.

Ok, now we have something worthy of ATS!

Peace be upon you!
Unless you're a replacement ref.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Those refs aren't even fit for the peewee league.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join