It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Storm Over Voter ID Lead To National ID Card ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The political powers that pretend to be in the United States are creating a big storm over voter rights and requiring voter ID.

Now, to the average American, for some reason requiring voter ID at the polls seems to be a big deal, although in the most of rest of the world having photo ID to be able to vote is already a requirement. In most countries, if you get stopped by the police even on the street (not driving) and don't have Government issued photo ID you're in pretty major trouble.

There has been much discussion generated in the USA over this issue.

My guess is that eventually, the US Government will propose issuing a free photo ID card to all Americans, which will have all your personal ID on it and can be used for prooving ID at any time. A National ID card.

Of course, each card will probably contain an RFID chip in it and biometric data as well.

It's the typically ploy of TPTB to get the public on their side to get something they wanted in the first place.

1) Think of something that will allow for more control

2) Think of a way to get people polarized about the issue as a major problem for them

3) Make people discuss the issue, and propose the thing that you had first thought of in (1) as a solution for (2), and make them think the solution to the problem was their idea in the first place.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I already have a national I. D.

It's called a birth certificate.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Actually, I'd love to see a National I.D card. Some people can't drive and because they have health problems so they can't get in to some places, because some places require a driver's licensee, not an ID card, to get access to. If the National I.D card override the Driver's license and allowed people to gain access to these kinds of places, then I'd be all for it.

edit on 23-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Despite the unfounded fears and conspiracies that cause some to oppose any form of national "anything" really, I think having a national ID is a good solution to the current voter id/obstruction of democracy trumped up controversy. It will at least give Americans who want to participate in the election process a fighting chance.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
3-17-2020

I think this CoronaVirus "crisis" could lead to every American being required to have a photo ID.

new topics

top topics

join