It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official "Mohammed is the prophet "of all Sky news viewers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok this takes just a second of reflection.
In Austraia( no not the place that gave moustaches bad press ) Sky news Australia is prefacing the worlwide riots by Muslims as riots "against the film that insults ......".The Prophet Mohammed".
news.sky.com...

Read that again?...not the muslim prophet...no "the prophet".

Is this not strange?

Many are saying this movie is dividing the religious of this orld, yet Christian, agnostic, athiest, Jewish, hindu, Buddhist ect Australians are been told Mohammed is the .......prophet?

Yes this is what muslims believe... but do Jews and Christians , athiests believe this?
Why the repeated reference then to Mohammed as being the prophet?

Jesus Christ on the news is identified as the "christian saviour" ect, not ....the saviour.

So why the double standard?
edit on 22-9-2012 by Dr Expired because: title

edit on 22-9-2012 by Dr Expired because: inserted link

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't see a problem with it. I would expect the population to be intellectually capable enough to associate Muhammad with Islam regardless of what the media represents him as.

I think you may be reading to much into it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I think it's more like a title. And in fact, you do actually do that when saying "Jesus Christ". People just get used to it being part of his name without realizing it is actually calling Jesus "messiah" and "anointed".

Not saying you don't have a point but it's not just with Muslims.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You are seeing things that are not there. That's a good indicator you need a break my friend.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Please edit to include a link so we can see what your speaking to.

I'd also think your reading to much into this. Titles mean far less than content.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
you must have a pretty good observation sense to notice this. But mostly its unintentional or maybe someone working there is a muslim.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I don't see a problem with it. I would expect the population to be intellectually capable enough to associate Muhammad with Islam regardless of what the media represents him as.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam has many prophets .
A prophet is a term, and the prophet is another.
Mohammed is not a prophet recognised by Christianity, as "the Prophet" .... he is a figure of Islamic belief.

Whilst some may try and derail this thread , the whole point is about this already described.
It is a huge choice of words by Sky News.
And very very odd.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by daaskapital

Judaism, Christianity and Islam has many prophets .
A prophet is a term, and the prophet is another.
Mohammed is not a prophet recognised by Christianity, as "the Prophet" .... he is a figure of Islamic belief.

Whilst some may try and derail this thread , the whole point is about this already described.
It is a huge choice of words by Sky News.
And very very odd.

The words "Prophet" and "Muhammad" (when used together) connote the religion of Islam.

Yes, Muhammad is a figure of Islamic belief. As such, it would make sense that the media would describe him as "the prophet" when reporting about the Anti-Islam film.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, i am only applying logical thought processing into it.

A huge choice of words? More like a lack of words. It would be easier to assume that the public would identify Muhammad with Islam rather than repeating the same thing over and over again wouldn't it?
edit on 22-9-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Please edit to include a link so we can see what your speaking to.

I'd also think your reading to much into this. Titles mean far less than content.

Thanks fo r the constructive input, here is the link
news.sky.com...

please note sky news on satellite in Australia , refers to the Islamic Prophet as "the prophet " almost exclusively.

ie numerous times, both in word and in speech.
I personally do not know if he is "the prophet"...but find it insulting to have a worldwide broadcaster tell me he is.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Everyone will understand what they are trying to say and being a multicutural country, it shouldn't be a big deal either.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Ok lest imagine this ...Sky news refers to christian protests defending" the Son of God Jesus Christ" direct into Israeli homes via satellite and internet.

Do you think they would not add the words "according to christian belief"?

The argument here is " we are being programmed to accept Islamic tradition/ belief as fact.

Iam all for tolerance and harmony in this world, but it is a two way street.

I would not say to a Jew Jesus is the son of God, Jews do not believe this.
Therefore sky news would not present him a s such, ithout a disclaimer already stated.
I guess that what it is about "respect".

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
In Islam Jesus Christ is called Jesus the prophet.
edit on 22-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
In Islam Jesus Christ is called Jesus the prophet.
edit on 22-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the information, will think about it

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Glad I could help friend, if nothing else we're all here to learn something from each other.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I do agree with calling Mohammed a prophet. No matter what you believe about Islam, it is a true statement. Buddha, Krishna, Gandhi, Mohammed, John Smith and others were all prophets. If they were right or wrong is another story. So, if a news organization wants to call him a prophet, they can.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It's actually a psy-op campaign: the use of terminology that is familiar to Muslims (The Prophet) unites them against the enemy and distances itself from non-Muslims (like how you have reacted). This is Sky News' way of pushing the clash of cultures between Islam and the West.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
It's actually a psy-op campaign: the use of terminology that is familiar to Muslims (The Prophet) unites them against the enemy and distances itself from non-Muslims (like how you have reacted). This is Sky News' way of pushing the clash of cultures between Islam and the West.

Yeah Sir Rupert Murdoch he gives what others may pay divided by 2 or far less.
Instead of bullets to the home troops he makes trollish propaganda?
Most Christians and muslims can see the agenda, but alas the other world religion wants more?

War war war, burn down the competition.
Divide , and reap.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacebumZaphod
I do agree with calling Mohammed a prophet. No matter what you believe about Islam, it is a true statement. Buddha, Krishna, Gandhi, Mohammed, John Smith and others were all prophets.

I disagree.
A prophet is an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God. A holy man (or woman).

Prophet - online dictionary

1. A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed.
2. A person gifted with profound moral insight and exceptional powers of expression.
3. A predictor; a soothsayer.
4. The chief spokesperson of a movement or cause.

Mohammed started a political movement .. sure. But he was a politician who murdered his opponents and anyone who spoke against him. He also raided caravans and stole property that wasn't his. He wasn't gifted with profound moral insight and he was given nothing from god in the form of predictions. Do you really think he was expressing 'the will of god' when he arranged for mass murders??

I see nothing of a 'prophet' in this guy .. except his own self-proclamations of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you just type "Mohammed" and/or "Muslim" into the search bar and then go and spew in those threads?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Do you just type "Mohammed" and/or "Muslim" into the search bar and then go and spew in those threads?

What are you talking about? :shk:

It's a well known fact that Mohammed ordered mass killings. He ordered the murders of his political rivals. He was a caravan raider and thief as well. These are documented facts. These are not the actions of a 'prophet' ... they are the actions of a meglomaniac politician. We have the same kind of people today. He claimed visions/direction from god in order to manipulate people. Sound familiar? The world still suffers from people like this.

If YOU want to call a person like this a 'prophet' .. go right ahead.
I will not.

edit on 9/23/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join