It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osiris the master mason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Operative masonery traced its origins back to King nimrod who many have suggested was Osiris. This would mean that Osiris was the first grand master of masonery. King Osiris according to the ancient writings on the temple at edfu in Egypt came into Egypt after escaping a cataclysmic flood on an island of unknown location (Atlantis?). What I find interesting is that in the images of Osiris at the temple at abydos Egypt he has what appears to be a masonic jewel around his neck confirming the origin of masonry!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I was about to link you to a thread, until I realized you also authored that one, too. haha!

One of my top 10's of ATS:Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

It would seem that it does add up, given the evidence. Great find! Wish I had time to research like that, props to you buddy - You guys are the reason I still check ATS

edit on 22-9-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

From my studies, it seems as this OP is correct or in line with what I have gathered as well.

Some try to make Osiris line up with Lucifer, however I have found no real evidence to suggest that is a fact nor can I say beyond a shadow of a doubt Atlantis ever existed.

At this time though, I can say that I believe Atlantis and the Olympians were in fact a part of our true history and not a myth.

In time, there may be evidence of such to back up the many claims out there.

ETA: The eye at the top of the pyramid represents the all seeing eye (Horus).
edit on 22-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Can you point out the Masonic symbols? maybe I'm looking at the wrong area and just see part of his clothing.

click to enlarge

I'll look for more images to see if I can see what you are talking about.
edit on 22-9-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

If you look at the top image especially you can see a red inverted V with a small circle at the top. It is clearly held by the jewel he has around his neck.
edit on 22-9-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
On the one hand, the Master's jewel is a square, and should always be a 90° angle, as such.

On the other hand, I'll fully allow that egyptian art didn't have any formalized theory for perspective drawing, so in this case I'll allow that it's possible that's what they were trying to represent.

So, could be? Interesting theory, nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Maybe I'm blind but it looks like a knot to me, Got side tracked this morning and will locate some more images when I get time. Not disputing your claim its just that other art from the period does not show any masonic symbolism's that I can find but I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by LUXUS

From my studies, it seems as this OP is correct or in line with what I have gathered as well.

Some try to make Osiris line up with Lucifer, however I have found no real evidence to suggest that is a fact nor can I say beyond a shadow of a doubt Atlantis ever existed.

At this time though, I can say that I believe Atlantis and the Olympians were in fact a part of our true history and not a myth.

In time, there may be evidence of such to back up the many claims out there.

ETA: The eye at the top of the pyramid represents the all seeing eye (Horus).
edit on 22-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

The Masons Predate the Egyptians but there were a good many in Egypt Modern Masonry uses a story about an Egyptian Architect and his Apprentice (s) who Kill him etc etc, This a part of an Initiation.

But "The Great Architect" is G-D not Osiris or any other named Deity. When Becoming a Mason you swear on your Holy Book, i have seen many different Books used from the bible to the Quaran/Koran and Torah to many others some you would not expect. You Just MUST believe in a Higher Intelligence that you call G-D.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

So an inverted V is automatically associate with Freemasonry?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's likely one of two things: part of a necklace/jewelry adornment, or part of a sash around his waist. Either way, I doubt it has anything to do with Masonry in the image in the OP.

There was an extremely well intact tomb found of an ancient Egyptian architect named Kha- complete with implements of his trade (including a golden cubit given to him by Amenhotep II) if you're interested in looking at the pics. xy2.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
According to Freemasonic Tradition, we are indebted to the Greeks for all that is great, judicious, and distinct in Architecture.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
DEAR ATSians...

You should know that the original Ancient Egyptians were actually the Mexicans who fled from Guatemala... !!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

The inverted V with a dot or circle above it is the symbol from which the pyramid with an eye or Sun at its apex, the eye of Horus/Ra/Osiris and the compass symbol originate.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Square was known to virtually all the ancient civilizations as a symbol of Earth, in contrast to the Circle, which represented heaven. (For example, this was recorded by Chinese thousands of years ago, where the square was an emblem of the Chinese Emperors as lords of the earth, since the earth was at that time perceived in Chinese cosmology to be square.)

In Freemasonry, the square and compasses (since compasses are used to draw circles) are symbolic of heaven and earth.

EDIT: That being said, if it was a square, the Egyptians most certainly would have got the angle of 90° right!

edit on 25/9/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join