It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans are setting the stages for another Presidential loss!!! Or are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I know so many Americans are waiting for Romney to take off the gloves, grow some back bone and start playing hard ball. You would think if the Republicans really wanted the presidency they would come out swinging. Instead It seems like they are putting on a bad show. There has to be thousands of real Americans that could do a much better job than the choices were left with... I ask, is it just me or does it seem like they have a back room deal? Are they taking turns? You get 8 in office we get 8 in office on and on.. If this is what's going on only a third party can save this Great Nation!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Uneedhlp247

Maybe, just maybe, if the republicans were serious about this election they wouldn't have picked an arrogant, ignorant, religious nutbag douche to represent them this time around. I have been a republican my whole life, Romney's idiocy made me jump ship though.
edit on 21-9-2012 by billy197300 because: added douche to my description of Romney

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

It wasn't a matter of who was chosen, at all. This misconception has to do with not knowing why Caucuses are important, or even getting yourself properly registered as a Republican Candidate in each state. ONLY: Romney and Ron Paul had all their ducks in a row, for each state. Newt, for instance, wasn't even eligible in the state his campaign headquarters was in. Only 2 had the delegates, only 2 had their main ducks in a row.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Maybe, just maybe, if the republicans were serious about this election they wouldn't have picked an arrogant, ignorant, religious nutbag douche to represent them this time around. I have been a republican my whole life, Romney's idiocy made me jump ship though.
edit on 21-9-2012 by billy197300 because: added douche to my description of Romney
So it seems that Romney will be the Republican stooge this time around! Another guaranteed win for Obama? Of course!
And these guys are supposed to represent the best of the best?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Same tactics the Dems used with a sitting president last time and it worked, sacrifice Kerry to get a two term obama...

Sacrifice Romney for a Two term Jeb bush, mark my words...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yes. That is exactly what they are doing. Romney is making too many thoughtless mistakes that should seem glaringly obvious that it's detrimental to his chances. Or - he's just a buffoon. Could be either one.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
One name... 2 words...

Jeb Bush.

Wait and see.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Good to see I am not the only one thinking this.

Thank you for your post. Now I don't feel like I'm going crazy. I just wish I saw your post before I posted the same thing

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
One name... 2 words...

Jeb Bush.

Wait and see.

I don't see anyone named Bush ever being another POTUS. I don't think people can actually be that stupid. If that happens I will truly lose all faith in the US political system and the American voter.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I actually respect Jeb Bush he was Governor of my state. I remember reading that he will not run for president ever because he said that

"I'm not going to do it. And I'm not going to be asked. And it's not going to happen,"

source

“I’ve not made that decision,” he said, “although there’s a window of opportunity in life for all sorts of reasons, and this was probably my time.”

Bush added, “Although I don’t know, given kind of what I believe and how I believe it, I’m not sure I would have been successful as a candidate, either. These are different times than just six years ago when I last ran.”

I remember an interview he did where he said it wouldn’t be right because it would be too much like a monarchy.

Besides that we don’t need a royal family or a familly dynasty in this country. We could’ve remained as part of the British Empire and had that.

source

This why I respect him.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Rick Perry once said he would not run either... and then he announced his campaign to run.

Fact is, many political circles have been discussing a possible Jeb Bush run for President. There was even articles and talk of Jeb Bush being nominated from the Convention floor.

new topics

top topics

join