It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sick of the "Left vs Right" BS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The only people that are really concerned about the country are the ones that will speak out against ANYONE thats doing harm to it, regardless of political affiliation.
Im a republican and I am completely disgusted with the presidential nominations for the last two elections, on both sides.
For example; if anyone can actually claim that Fast and Furious was a legitimate, legal operation, then youre an idiot but how many democrats are calling for a THOROUGH investigation in it? Very few if any.
I'm sick of these politicians and people, supporting each other because they are considered "left or right"
When the govt stops being so politically biased, I think the American people will to.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
yeah, I feel the same - and to see the online posts and not to mention bumperstickers makes you realize how many more are still locked into the matrix.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
S&F,

They are all crooks, all career politicians are interested in is where their next pay off is coming from, not this country or its people.

Their money is in prolonging the problem not fixing anything.

stricter term limits, bans on corporate lobbying and campaign finance reform might be a good start.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thank you guys, for understanding wtf Im trying to say here. Ill be one of the first to criticize a republican administration or nominee but most people wont do this and its efing ridiculous man, come on

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I'm more of a "right vs wrong" ideology.

Yes, I am more conservative than Karl Rove after a beheading, but I am also a registered independent. The GOP just didn't do it for me anymore.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Agreed,
It`s sad that a lot of people care more about being right than they do about the continued prosperity and survival of their country.
It`s like watching people on the deck of the titanic arguing about whether it`s pronounced potato or patato while the ship is sinking.
complete morons! all of them!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Yes, I am more conservative than Karl Rove after a beheading, but I am also a registered independent. The GOP just didn't do it for me anymore.

Thats not even my point bro. I am talking about people siding with whatever party their affiliated with, JUST because thats their party, regardless of whatever corruption the politician is accused of.
I just dont get it

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I wish that once elected they would just become Americans instead of left/right. There should at least be term limits. 8 years as a Senator should be all you get. Or maybe Congress should be purposely split right down the middle and the POTUS gets the final vote. Pretty much anything but what we have would be preferable at this point. It was once said a Democracy could only last 250 years before it grew so big it would collapse. Maybe they were right.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Completely agree.

The most puzzling aspect of it, is that on ATS we regularly discuss what goes on behind the scenes involving both parties, how they represent the same special interests, that the left vs right debate is mostly a charade, and that really nothing will change in the current political environment because the same men pulling the strings are in charge of both parties and every presidential candidate. The President, Democrat or Republican,works for the same people. Arguing about the smaller issues is just a distraction so citizens don't wake up and see the larger problem.

Yet, on ATS of all places, where the above is discussed at length, regularly, we still see the Obama bashers and Romey bashers coming out regularly. I expect it on CNN, but not here. I have more respect for those who remain objective and don't get caught up in the election frenzy, like those in this thread who see through it. It's all a facade, a charade. Eat it up if that's your thing, but don't start crying a year from now when there's no change, our personal liberties continue to disappear and we're still looking for and fighting wars in every corner of the globe.
edit on 21-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Imagine the reaction if we ALL quit our political parties. Why do you belong to one, anyway? It just lets them know that you are "on their side" and they think they can depend on your vote. If you're sick of the left and right, don't JOIN one of them!

Jesse Ventura is talking about running WITHOUT a party next election. We should take a lesson. I have never belonged to a party and I'm in my 50s.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think the problem starts with one or more parties/people "competing" to be in charge. We should all be working together for the mutual benefit of all. Also no one looks at the ideal final destination of where we as a people would like to be.

What's the end game to all this politics? Where are we going? Our leaders care not about keeping their promises, they only care about getting power and keeping it. They will say and do whatever it takes.

Look at the backgrounds of all the recent leaders in western politics. You find lawyers and business men and military personnel. Where are the philosophers, teachers, and scientists?

Someone once said that everyone knows how to get us out of the current financial crisis but no one knows how to do it and be re-elected. People are more caught up in their own power struggles.

I also think campaigning should be banned. The people should openly vote for who they want to be in charge but no one can campaign. They have to be judged on their past behaviour and current views. And anyone can be elected as long as they get the majority of votes. Otherwise it becomes one dirty corrupt power game and we the people are inconsequential, but they need us to keep their power. LUCKILY FOR THEM WE ARE EASILY MANIPULATED

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ha, you know something heretic? I dont think I have ever seen a post of yours that I agreed with, until now

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Thats not even my point bro. I am talking about people siding with whatever party their affiliated with, JUST because thats their party, regardless of whatever corruption the politician is accused of.
I just dont get it

That's what I meant. Sorry for not explaining it well.

right vs wrong is NOT GOP-right vs wrong.

It's what is right/correct vs what the wrong thing to do.

I wear a uniform, I'm against abortion, yet I think gays should get married, that (snip) should be legal.

I agree with you. Issues should be based on their merit, not on how the "party" leadership wants you to think.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

Also promises in politics are ridiculous! Anyone who makes them is either a lying son of a b or deluded. Who can realistically have the confidence to make a promise about how they are going to run a country? Are they that confident and assured that everything will go to plan? Why isn't anyone honest and say this is what we would like to do but it may not happen because of abc but we'll give it our best shot by doing xyz and keep you informed of our progress throughout the way.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpiderMonkey
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

Also promises in politics are ridiculous! Anyone who makes them is either a lying son of a b or deluded. Who can realistically have the confidence to make a promise about how they are going to run a country? Are they that confident and assured that everything will go to plan? Why isn't anyone honest and say this is what we would like to do but it may not happen because of abc but we'll give it our best shot by doing xyz and keep you informed of our progress throughout the way.

Promises to a group isolate and separate and create "class" divides.

(off topic, you do NOT have the copyright access to have a gif of me dancing!!!!!!)

edit on 21-9-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

(off topic, you do NOT have the copyright access to have a gif of me dancing!!!!!!)

LMAO, Carlton... Is that you

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

According to my wife?

Yes.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
divide opinion and and dominate the land

just take turns and play fair... in 4 or 8 years time you get your turn again

best advice is to go with a polititian not a party

if the guy/girl gets in office and does a couple things they said they wer gonna do in campaign
vote for them again

too bad your voting for someone else next time..... and the time after that... and that

your grandkids will be falling for this crap just you watch!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As Zappa said..."Politics is the entertainment arm of the military/industrial complex"

There is no "right or left" in actuality; There is only a "right" controlled by the corporate God and their twin God the God of War.

All this hand wringing over the progressive, liberal left is smoke and mirrors to hide the real true agenda of the real power players.

I think it's the neocon PNAC is still operating; more powerful than when the Bushes were in office. And Obama is just one of their mouthpieces.

No reason to be sick of the "Left vs Right" because it only exists in the mind those that buy into the fantasy of a two party system.

Do you think these guys just closed up shop when Obama was elected....

www.newamericancentury.org...
edit on 21-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

According to my wife?

Yes.

Ha, then pleeeease tell her to teach you a better dance

<<   2  3 >>

join