It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone superstitious? I'm a bit (well, very) spooked...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I was in the middle of an extremely vivid dream last night, I was walking through a graveyard. As I looked around at the graves, 2 dates appeared in my head - my mother's birthday and my birthday. I remember thinking that it's funny how everyone on earth has their destined days to be born and to die. Just for the record - I have absolutely no relationship with my mother and haven't seen or spoken to her in a couple of years...she's not a nice person, extremely toxic...she didn't provide any of us with a very nice childhood and she has narcissistic personality disorder.

Randomly, I then looked up at the sky and watched a single star. I'm not religious in the slightest, but the words "God will always be with you" came into my head and as I looked at the star, I thought to myself - that's so true because I can feel it. Bit odd.

Anyway - back to waking life - I then got woken by a huge crash somewhere in our house. I woke my boyfriend up (the lovely LiveForever8!) and asked him what on earth the huge bang was and he picked up his phone and shone it round his side of the bed/room. Nothing...I looked around the other side of the room and noticed in the darkness that the wall-length mirror had fallen off the wall and was laying on the floor.
It really freaked me out! If I'd been dreaming about anything else, I don't think it would have bothered me. I couldn't get back to sleep for a while and I'm feeling pretty spooked today.

Just googled "mirror falling off wall" and here is what came up straight away (just as I thought
)

"There is a somewhat spooky old wives tale that says if a mirror in a house falls and breaks by itself that someone in the home will soon die."

Ohhh

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thats creepy hope you can fall back to sleep. Best wishes for you and your boyfriend, any pets in the house if true hopefully the goldfish dies not someone important.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

well please keep me updated im interested to know if you die soon

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
"There is a somewhat spooky old wives tale that says if a mirror in a house falls and breaks by itself that someone in the home will soon die."

Ohhh

That tale is slightly incorrect.
If a mirror in a house falls and breaks "by itself", it means that someone in the home will soon have to purchase a new mirror and hang it up.

How does the hole in the wall look like? Has it crumbled? What material is the wall? You might break the new mirror as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

Originally posted by KatieVA

Ohhh

That tale is slightly incorrect.
If a mirror in a house falls and breaks "by itself", it means that someone in the home will soon have to purchase a new mirror and hang it up.

How does the hole in the wall look like? Has it crumbled? What material is the wall? You might break the new mirror as well.

The mirror isn't actually broken, it just fell and landed flat on the floor! The nail on the wall that it was hanging on (it wasn't a heavy mirror, just a cheap old thing) is slightly bent.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Bad JuJu.
Keep an eye out for strange things over the next few days.
My room suddenly got real cold and my hair is standing on end......bad juju
The mirror did it break or stay intact?
edit on 21-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
creepy

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well if a black cat crosses your path what you do is your run up to it and kick it as hard as you possibly can ok!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Bad JuJu.
Keep an eye out for strange things over the next few days.
My room suddenly got real cold and my hair is standing on end......bad juju
The mirror did it break or stay intact?
edit on 21-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

It stayed intact! That gives me a tiny bit of comfort at least

Wonder what hell the dream was supposed to mean?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
A lot of people have strange dreams, don't worry too much. As for the mirror, think of it for what it is - a piece of glass with a sheet of aluminium or silver nitrate solution adhered to the back.
Really nothing mystical at all, Sometimes a truck going by or heavy machinery can vibrate a mirror of the wall.
Not that I don't believe in the mystical side, I do but you need to think rationally first and If rationality doesn't work then you could have a problem.
I hope you and your partner stay well.
Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Thanks
Trying to stay as rational as possible...a strange dream about a graveyard and then getting woken by a mirror falling off the wall is a bit of a spooky coincidence though

Just thought...the bedroom lightswitch has been giving us both a bit of trouble, it's REALLY hard to switch off, it gets stuck...then when you push it hard enough and turn it off, it makes a ZZZZ electric sound
I'm not touching it anytime soon and I'm banning boyfriend from touching it too

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

yes thats hell spooky. Its not not an omen of death however. Its an omen to say its time to bury the past with your mother and start again. Therefore phone her up and tell her she would like to hear your voice.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Thing is, I've just spent the last year coming to terms with everything that she did and putting the pieces back together. The very best thing I can do for myself is to stay well away from her and have no contact with her whatsoever. Anyone who's had dealings with somebody with narcissistic personality disorder would understand - these people are very toxic and will only ever cause trouble and problems in your life. My sister and my grandparents (her own parents) also have no contact with her because of the things she's done. If I were to ever get back in touch with her (which I REALLY don't want to do anyway, I can finally say I'm happy with my life for the very first time!) it would be undoing all the hard work I've done to get myself to a place I want to be in my life.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I hear you. But the omen was clear the past must come to and end it must be buried. This message was delivered with God as a witness over you and your mothers existance. God is forgiveness. If you believe in God then follow the will of the omen.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Hmm..it's food for thought. I forgive my mother but I don't think I could ever have her back in my life again so I'm not sure where that leaves me.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

the omen is clear. you either follow its will or dont, there is no halfway stop.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There are a lot of old superstitions in the world. What I grew up with was, if a bird hits your window you will hear of a death. If the bird hit the window and died it would be someone in the immediate family. In modern times luckily, we are all above that. Believing in God, devil, religion, Ouija boards, black cats, ghosts, etc., that’s for the less intelligent.

Sorry don’t know anything about dreams.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by KatieVA

I hear you. But the omen was clear the past must come to and end it must be buried. This message was delivered with God as a witness over you and your mothers existance. God is forgiveness. If you believe in God then follow the will of the omen.

Agree with this interpretation.
You don't need to have her back in your life.
Just need to bury the past completely, else it won't, well, uncollapse.
We are all just thought and our pasts are nothing but waves waiting to be collapsed.
If you can truly forget what has happened to you, bury it, so to speak, it will be gone.
Because it's not really there.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Thanks, this makes a lot more sense to me really.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Happy to help

top topics

<<   2 >>

join