It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons and Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Salam ATS members.

Lately I was reading a Surah in Qur'an and then I realized some point and I wanted to share it.

9-17:
idolaters should not build and maintain the mosques of allah bearing witness against themselves with disbelief. those, their deeds have been annulled, and in the fire they shall live for ever.

Islam is not letting Massons build Mosques for Muslims because they could had used their symbolism in there and discredit both religion and mosque.

+ it helped Muslims to think about architect and build Mosques in their own shapes.

There have been many architects in Iran and one of the most famous ones is sheikh bahayi.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
There is no doubt that the Freemasons could construct great buildings (i'm not sure about today though lol), but i do have to agree that having someone else construct a religious item (whether it be church or mosque) should not be allowed. This being said, i don't believe that their symbols are that bad...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
There is one small flaw in your argument...

Freemasons are not idolators.

Therefore, the Qur'an must be talking about someone else.

edit on 20/9/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I couldn't blame Islam for being a bit pazza about the Mason's.

They say: It is not enough for us to prevail over the religious people and their places of worship, rather our basic goal is to wipe them out of existence. Minutes of the World Masonic Conference, 1903 CE, p. 102.

islamqa.info...

The goal of Freemasonry is to put an end to all religions and good morals, and to replace them with man-made laws and non-religious systems.

It strives to provoke ongoing revolutions and to replace one regime with another, on the basis of its call for freedom of thought and freedom of belief. This is what they have stated clearly.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Samuelis because: correction. cheers

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Actually when Jerusalem was taken over by the Arabs thousands of years ago, the Arabs adopted Islam and started copying the Jewish temples. They left all the christian buildings alone, used the Jewish ones and in turn started to copy some of the masons work.

Muslims didnt take over the promised land because of their religion. The arabs adopted the religion after the take over. Hence the useage of Jewish temples or synagogue's w/e their called.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

They say: It is not enough for us to prevail over the religious people and their places of worship, rather our basic goal is to wipe them out of existence. Minutes of the World Masonic Conference, 1903 CE, p. 102.

islamqa.info...

Too bad you are quoting a hoax. There is no such thing as a 'World Masonic Conference'.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Islam is not letting Massons build Mosques for Muslims because they could had used their symbolism in there and discredit both religion and mosque.

Considering all Masons are Speculative we do not build anything for anyone,what are you basing this post upon?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
To the Muslims on this thread:

The following are teachings in Islam.
These same teachings are also what we, as Freemasons believe...

Allah is One and likes Unity.

Acquire knowledge, it enables its professor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to heaven. It is our friend in the desert, our company in solitude and companion when friendless. It guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, it is an ornament amongst friends and an armor against enemies.

What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured.

Who is the most favored of Allah? He, from whom the greatest good comes to His creatures.

Allah will not give mercy to anyone, except those who give mercy to other creatures.

Among the thousands who range under the banners of Freemasonry, there are many, many Muslims. Then there are many of us (like myself) who are of different religions, but yet have a deep respect for the Sacred Book, and for the teachings of Muhammed. I know the teachings of the Qur'an (English translation) and I am familiar with the teachings of Muhammed. Freemasons try to practice these values.

"The character of the Prophet was the Qur'an."
Judge a man by what he does, not by what organizations or religion he belongs to. You as Muslims should know this!

edit on 20/9/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

+ it helped Muslims to think about architect and build Mosques in their own shapes.

I think that you will find that Muslim architecture considers the circle and the square as pivotal to it's creation of religious buildings. The execution in terms of design may differ, but the understanding of the symbolism of sacred geometry, is if anything, more blatant in Islamic architecture than in Christian buildings where it's use is much more subtle, or hidden. So while the builders of mosques may not define or identify themselves by the symbols of compass and set square, their work certainly demonstrates their venerated usage.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

islamqa.info...

Too bad you are quoting a hoax. There is no such thing as a 'World Masonic Conference'.

www.google.com...
edit on 21-9-2012 by Anonymousman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymousman
www.google.com...

I stand corrected.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymousman
www.google.com...
But why is it that when I google "Minutes of the World Masonic Conference" the only thing I'm finding is references to page 102 and that quote? Where's the rest of the book? Isn't it the slightest bit suspicious that everyone and their brother posts the exact same imflamatory post yet nobody has the context it was actually written in, if it was actually in such a Minutes at all?

Smells of hoax, if you ask me.
edit on 2012.9.21 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymousman

While you did catch Augustus, the other poster was referencing a hoax to which no conference was actually held.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I concur, the google search didn't turn up "World Masonic Conference" at all, it did turn up other conferences with similar names such as the "World Conference of Masonic GRAND LODGES" which is an annual conference that is only on it's thirteenth year. Also the quote attributed to this alleged conference isn't in accordance with Masonic thought whether regular or not. Very suspicious indeed.
edit on 21-9-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
I concur, the google search didn't turn up "World Masonic Conference" at all, it did turn up other conferences with similar names such as the "World Conference of Masonic GRAND LODGES"

I did not spot that. I also could not locate the quote in question so I will revert back to my original statement that this is a hoax.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

islamqa.info...

The goal of Freemasonry is to put an end to all religions and good morals, and to replace them with man-made laws and non-religious systems.

It strives to provoke ongoing revolutions and to replace one regime with another, on the basis of its call for freedom of thought and freedom of belief. This is what they have stated clearly.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Samuelis because: correction. cheers

Ah NO!!! This is a lie and that meeting never happened in the way it is being presented.

In Order to be a MASON YOU MUST believe in a Higher BEING You MUST Swear on your Holy BOOK, I am so Tired of the Lies and Made up Stories. The US has had it's number of Crazies pretending to be Crazies and a few Crazy Masons. In any Group there are those that make any Group Ashamed 9-11 ring a bell ?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by no1smootha
I concur, the google search didn't turn up "World Masonic Conference" at all, it did turn up other conferences with similar names such as the "World Conference of Masonic GRAND LODGES"

I did not spot that. I also could not locate the quote in question so I will revert back to my original statement that this is a hoax.

VERY BIG HOAX i repeat you must swear on YOUR Holy BOOK of Faith

top topics

join