It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese War Sword-Holy Crap that thing is awesome! Pics and Vid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It never fails that the most simple weapons can do extraordinary damage. I want one of these things for sure!
I have to say the 2 pigs being sliced in half are very impressive. What is funny about the video is the guy that is doing the video really has some charisma. So you get not only a cool sword but a guy who hates his day job apparently too!

I found that these swords are pretty readily available, and I am sure tourist traps like Gatlinburg Tennessee (one of my favorite places) has a shop or two with them displayed in it.

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Now I want one. That is one wicked sword.

As soon as I saw Cold Steel I knew it had to be bad arse.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I always loved watching the late night knife and sword infomercials.

Ive been thinking of chopping two pigs in half... Now imagine with some actually trained in the use of swords could do with that thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That is one bad sword. All things on the receiving end were easily split in two. Kinds felt strange watching the pigs get it.

CJ

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

That is one bad sword. All things on the receiving end were easily split in two. Kinds felt strange watching the pigs get it.

CJ

I know right, you think "damn they are pretty close to human structure" doy.

Sweet sword, I have never seen anything so smooth before-that's straight up bone that sword slices through like butter.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I always loved watching the late night knife and sword infomercials.

Ive been thinking of chopping two pigs in half... Now imagine with some actually trained in the use of swords could do with that thing.

Don't have to imagine, there were many men who met their maker at the ends of those things.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Nice.

Thing is $530.00 for a "functioning" blade...not a wallhanger....not bad.

Cold Steel Website

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I can and do recommend their katuri by cold steel. That thing no joke chopped down in 5 min a 10 inch thick 15 foot tall tree. Used it as a hatchet. A shovel. A pry bar. A machete and a bush
Wacker. It excells at all and it's like 30 bucks of high carbon dopeness. The only thing thatsven has dulled it was when I used it As a hatchet to chops a submerged tree root growing under the concrete foundation of a house. Took some concrete hunks with the root but it still got the jOb done like a boss. Cold ste is no joke. Their products are as advertised.

As for the Chinese sword google bagua da dao vids to see how some of the swords techniques looked like. Or check out shaolin xiao guan dao vids
edit on 18-9-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Thank you for the info, I am getting one of these for sure! I hope they are American Made!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Okay, they are an American company who sells items from all over the world.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I believe cold steel is made in south Africa. Could be American owned though. I recommend supporting them either way

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Back in the day, many swords were defined as "1 body", "2 body", etc. blades, in reference to how many could be cut in half with one swing.
From what I understand, they weren't using pigs to test them on, either...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Way cool! Much better than a Ginsu knife...

CX

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I love my Cold Steel Kukri machete.....and the latin one is good too....not saying they are the best blades in the world but as you can see they would be great for the garden.

CX.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
good zombie weapon

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Yeah, I read somewhere long ago that they would try out katanas on prisoners, and that they would discard them if they couldn't cut through x amount of bodies.

Awesome video, boys will be boys..

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Put it in the hands of someone like Jet LIi and you get something like this...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I tried to cut my basketball in half with my sword. It bounced back and popped me in the forehead. When they say dont try this at home they mean it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yeah I love my kukuri too. Great tool for the price. The metals solid too and it takes a lot to nick the blade like when I bust out concrete a tree root was growing into/ under.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Gotta have the right technique. For swords like katanas you need to use the wrist to keep even pressure with the strike so that the blade once cleaved into the medium gets drawn like a saw forwards or backwards ( depending on the strike used) to slice the object in half. Ie watch any samurai sword I. Slow motion when it's cutting something and you'll see the wrist apply pressure to make sure the sword drags across the cut.

Also the angle of the lads is very important. Have to make sure you're hitting straight on to the surface. The angle used will have to coincide with the angle of the surface to be cut.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join