It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D, the only dimension possible.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

If you, the person, have a seizure, your brain will play a trick on you. In which, the brain is turned into over-drive, causing you to super sharpen your perception of time with a consequence of damage.

Now, I'm not will to do that, I leave that to my fate, and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

About the particle, how do you know about that? So far that I've studied outside the box, a neutron is a proton that took in too many electrons and a neutron can go back into a proton.

Now as for the string theory, most likely a one-sided savant came up with it and people are desperate to find how it works, so they gave it a name, "String Theory."

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think you need to describe what you are thinking the word Dimension means here,
In physics / mathematics the Dimension of something is the minimum number of points needed to describe a point within that object . So for example to describe a point on a line you would only need 1 dimension but to describe a point within a cube you would need 3,

If you don't believe you have a fourth dimension i.e. spacetime then you can try a simple experiment. Phone a friend and set up a meeting with them only using 3 dimensions.... i.e.

Tim.. "Hi John can we meet up"
John "Sure where do you want to meet?"
Tim "By the fountain in the park on top of the hill"
John "Ok what time will you be there?"
Tim "I'm sorry I cant tell you that Ive already used all of my 3 dimension up in describing my position on the earth"
John

The 3 dimensions aren't good enough to be able to describe your position because it will change depending on the fourth one

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by Unrealised

If you, the person, have a seizure, your brain will play a trick on you. In which, the brain is turned into over-drive, causing you to super sharpen your perception of time with a consequence of damage.

Now, I'm not will to do that, I leave that to my fate, and nothing more.

You haven't experienced it.

It changes your view on life.

It makes you wonder about what reality is.

You know some people think there's a conspiracy about 9/11, or even Aliens?

Well, my seizures make me think there's a conspiracy about reality.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Dark matter, another vague concept, is said to far outweigh conventional matter in the universe despite being seemingly absent of subatomic particles as we know them.

I think saying that existence is limited to what is observable by humans on Earth right now is, frankly, short sighted. These vague theories are very important to better understanding, and they are not entirely void of evidence.

And yeah, string theory was founded by a couple of savants but so was relativity and the laws of motion.
edit on 9/18/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You are right...some people are going to BASH you for this Topic. I will do it with only a Pillow! LOL!

I will try to help you understand your confusion over the matter. Dimension...is a GEOMETRIC TERM.
Spatial dimensions
Classical physics theories describe three physical dimensions: from a particular point in space, the basic directions in which we can move are up/down, left/right, and forward/backward. Movement in any other direction can be expressed in terms of just these three. Moving down is the same as moving up a negative distance. Moving diagonally upward and forward is just as the name of the direction implies; i.e., moving in a linear combination of up and forward. In its simplest form: a line describes one dimension, a plane describes two dimensions, and a cube describes three dimensions.
Time
A temporal dimension is a dimension of time. Time is often referred to as the "fourth dimension" for this reason, but that is not to imply that it is a spatial dimension. A temporal dimension is one way to measure physical change. It is perceived differently from the three spatial dimensions in that there is only one of it, and that we cannot move freely in time but subjectively move in one direction.
Additional dimensions
Theories such as string theory and M-theory predict that physical space in general has in fact 10 and 11 dimensions, respectively. The extra dimensions are spatial. We perceive only three spatial dimensions, and no physical experiments have confirmed the reality of additional dimensions. A possible explanation that has been suggested is that space acts as if it were "curled up" in the extra dimensions on a subatomic scale, possibly at the quark/string level of scale or below.
Hope this helped. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

There has been some physical experimentation evidence for extra dimensions, namely the double slit experiment. Although, the results are far from conclusive.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

irrational way of saying it. But I'll try to work with it the best I can.

When the planet moves, it spins, this is the result of electro-motive force being converted in magnetic flux and with it carrying all the things around it, by definition, Inertia. 3-D, Like two faces of a coin, but you need a middle part to make the stuff in between, else it falls apart.

Time, as I see it, has no play in it whatsoever other that it's an idea. Ideas are independent of 3-denominational space. You go up, you go down, left, right, sideways, forward, backward, the usual sort. How much time you take is up to you, and you alone.

How long is a minute? Normal person here, 60 seconds. But to others out there, it could be 72 seconds, or 180 seconds. Ideas, ideas, ideas, it's all in the idea.
edit on 18-9-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Time does not have a factor, movement does not have a factor.

So the only thing that I can say about 4th dimension is that it's an idea. Emphasis on idea, since this Carl Sagan guy that was mention said "imagine that there is a 4th physical dimension."

Here's a bummer of an idea for you.

We only see in 2 dimensions.

It's a flat image that we see.

It looks '3 dimensional' because when we focus on something, everything else goes out of focus.

Look at your hand and try it out. Now look at the wall and hold up your hand. Look at the wall still.

Out of focus.

True:
we perceive 3 dimensions because of the parallax of two eyes slightly offset along a baseline; our brain combines the focus distance and angles of each eye ball and approximates distance through practice."Technically Good" photography is just presenting 3 dimensional cues in a two dimensional image.(i.e. shadows give depth and shape cues).

Dr. Sagan was a famous JPL planetary mission scientist,and was presenting (here) an elementary school explanation to make it easy to understand. He wrote and produced an award winning PBS series on cosmology called"cosmos" in the late70's and we'd all gather'round the barracks dayroom T.v. Sunday nights drink beer and watch it. It was a big deal then; No 'net to learn this stuff easily....
edit on 18-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Question: The examples of 3 dimensions are set to one or an objects point in space be it you or the planet. It is the X,Y,Z axis yes? What then is the observer of the point/person/object? Yes they sit on their own X,Y,Z axis but it is in the observation that is my inquiry.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Agarta because: spelling and capitalization

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

But what makes Dark matter?

Tesla said there is no such thing as empty space. And he's right.

Here's a list of what in we call "Empty Space" *I was baffled by this one*

1. Independent carriers...

Oh might as well show you where I got part of my information. Goto page 21 on this document.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Question: the examples of 3 dimensions are set to one or an objects point in space be it you or the planet. It is the X,Y,Z axis yes? What then is the observer of the point/person/object? yes they sit on their own X,Y,Z axis but it is in the observation that is my quarry.

that imaginary"observer" IS the question; existing in the next higher dimension.We can't physically get there or barely even comprehend it . We are locked into our 3 lendgth width & height;
Until we can step off our"timeline" and see all the past present and future at once!.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

That depends on where you are. Time is merely an idea. When your on planet A you measure the time on Planet A. When you move to Planet B you are in sync with Planet A's time.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Wow, great resource. Thanks a lot I'm going to read the whole thing tonight, probably.

Noone knows what Dark Matter is, but the point of that theory is there is some stuff (a lot of stuff) that exists and effects the observable universe that we don't know much about.

Also, I'd like to ask, what makes you think thoughts are just thoughts and have no reality? I tend to think thoughts are just as real, if not more, than the chair I'm sitting on.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

That depends on where you are. Time is merely an idea. When your on planet A you measure the time on Planet A. When you move to Planet B you are in sync with Planet A's time.

"relativity"
yes but'your" time ( Einstiens observer) travels along with you in your plane of reference;if you leave planet"a"and travel at the speed of light "a" continues its time"While time slows for you relative to planet "A" This has been experimentally confirmed by precise clocks aboard spacecraft at appreciably less than the speed of light..

Gravitational time dilation is the effect of time passing at different rates in regions of different gravitational potential; the lower the gravitational potential (the closer the clock is to the source of gravitation), the more slowly time passes. Albert Einstein originally predicted this effect in his theory of relativity and it has since been confirmed by tests of general relativity.

This has been demonstrated by noting that atomic clocks at differing altitudes (and thus different gravitational potential) will eventually show different times. The effects detected in such experiments are extremely small, with differences being measured in nanoseconds.

Gravitational time dilation was first described by Albert Einstein in 1907[1] as a consequence of special relativity in accelerated frames of reference. In general relativity, it is considered to be a difference in the passage of proper time at different positions as described by a metric tensor of spacetime. The existence of gravitational time dilation was first confirmed directly by the Pound–Rebka experiment.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

In a solar system, let's say a person from point A wants to see Jupiter, yet the time isn't now for Jupiter to be in full view, plus if point A in some where in the northern regions of Earth, Jupiter maybe higher or lower, so you go to point B, which could be in the middle or lower part of Earth. *sorry it's hard for me to get a hold of a 3-axis view of the solar system since it's only displayed in 2-D.*

So, in my answer, I would say, that to the best of my knowledge there has to be a depth. I mean it's great to have the X and Y, knowing it's flat position, but knowing at what depth it is, would be great as well, because if you want to see a planet you want to see, you need those 3-axis.

There are so many factors that a person has to consider when dealing with astronomy. I mean, you don't expect our solar system to be at one point the entire time.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

it's just goes into a seven principle that makes up reality, the first one is the principle of mentalism. All is mind. What you think is what you perceive, whether reality or not, it's what you perceive. But this comes with a consequence, and a ever vigil stand point, to never let the mind mix in with what you do. Hard for anyone that seeks truth.

If you imagine killing someone, you are likely to do it. But if you imagine saving someone, you too are likely to do it. But this is one in seven that makes up reality, each one supporting each other.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Has anyone done that?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

So the problem, from what you've shown me, is choice? That's 4-D?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join