It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Tooooo Long Have We Sat With Our Head In The Sand!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I have been frequenting ATS for 3-4 yrs. I dont post or even log in 99% of the time but I now feel that "The Time" has arrived.

Why do we keep up with this everyday nonsense when we know its wrong? Why do I wake up everyday to work and buy things just to fund a government that limits my every move? I can understand maintaining a certain amount of control over people, "Whats Good For The Goose Is Good For The Gander", type of attitude. What I cant understand is how I have trusted TPTB for soo long, Thinking their control was for the better.

Its not my life anymore. Its their life. Its not my right. Its their right. When they're WRONG....ITS NOT MY WRONG...but I feel Different. I feel guilty for what my country is doing to me....Was that their plan?

Today WE THE PEOPLE means WE'RE THEIR PEOPLE and we have no choice. You get arrested For BEING YOUR OWN PERSON! Im sure you can think of a few examples yourself...

The Time Is Now. Today take a step in the Direction of Freedom. May it be of Mind or Government. We may not have the the opportunity to prep for the next step in american society.

Stand up for what you believe in. Take Pride in your Hobbies (They may be your job soon). Speak your mind. Learn to be a better person. Learn to build relationships. Learn to have hope.

We all know TPTB are corrupt. We all know we have to fight. WE ALL KNOW WE HAVE THE POWER OF CHANGE!!! The knowledge and belief in something allows for preparation. Its time to do so.

A man is only as strong as the man beside him. May we walk together in these time.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt_B_TheTeamLead
Why do we keep up with this everyday nonsense when we know its wrong? Why do I wake up everyday to work and buy things just to fund a government that limits my every move? I can understand maintaining a certain amount of control over people, "Whats Good For The Goose Is Good For The Gander", type of attitude. What I cant understand is how I have trusted TPTB for soo long, Thinking their control was for the better.

Welcome to the age of addiction. Most all of us have some form of addiction whether it be substance addiction, or something simpler like certain foods, tv, video games, the internet, or simply a relatively comfortable lifestyle. While many of these addictions may not be unhealthy in themselves, they are enough to lull us into complacency or make us afraid to change in the off chance we may lose access to them.

Things will continue in this direction until the entire populace wakes up to their addictions and willingly takes responsibility by quitting their addictions or until their addictions are forced away from them and they are forced to change.

We all know TPTB are corrupt. We all know we have to fight. WE ALL KNOW WE HAVE THE POWER OF CHANGE!!! The knowledge and belief in something allows for preparation. Its time to do so.

True, but exactly how do we all go about changing things? Your vague rallying cry is nice, but without a realistic plan, things like this tend to go nowhere.

A man is only as strong as the man beside him. May we walk together in these time.

This is so true. Unfortunately we live in a time where most people are very weak. So instead, I encourage everyone to find their own personal strength and try to share that strength and help others find strength in themselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You tell it brother! I really like this thread, this is something I am struggling with right now, but my family would have me work and become part of the system, because thats what they think would make they and I happy. If people would come together and create more intentional communities, (i.e. communes) we could all live a little bit more free.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good post OP.

The most important part of your message is that we are all in this together. Regardless of color, politics, religion or whatever.....we have to coexist or we shall go down with the ship.

Star and Flag for the positive message.

edit on 18-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join