It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran on brink of nuclear bomb in six-seven months: Netanyahu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Reuters

I usually think that all the threads about WWIII are greatly exaggerated... i have been on this forum for years and someone is always saying that..

we have had a recent rash of threads also ,some good some bad, are we sensing something is near?

the rhetoric keeps coming and now we have a time line .. 6-7 months

"It's the same fanaticism that you see storming your embassies today. You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?" Netanyahu asked in the NBC interview, in a clear emotional appeal to Americans still reeling from the angry protests sparked by a film that mocked the Prophet Mohammad.

Its feels like watching a script...tic..toc
edit on 16/9/12 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Same old same old i am afraid to say.

I am under the belief that uranium enrichment is such a complicated and time intensive process, that unless you are directly involved with the development of the project, everything is just a poor estimate.

Depending on their actual intentions the time to actually make a practical weaponized version can be very wide.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He's just giving notice that he is about to move in.

I'm guessing he will want to go in before the US election.

30th september seems like a good date.

or it might be a lot sooner;
www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ive been hearing this since Reagan was president. In 6-8 months they'll have a nuke. Sure. Who cares. Nearly every other country on the planet has nukes. I really dont see the big deal. What? We dont like them, so they cant have a nuke? Sounds a bit childish to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Pakistan is one of the most radical islamic countries in the Middle East and they have never nuked anyone.

This guy is himself a fanatic, hes the one that orders the assassination of innocent scientists in Iran just because they work at the nuke plant.
Man, I hope they already have a nuke and after Israel attacks them, Iran blows the hell out of Tel Aviv.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
Ive been hearing this since Reagan was president. In 6-8 months they'll have a nuke. Sure. Who cares. Nearly every other country on the planet has nukes. I really dont see the big deal. What? We dont like them, so they cant have a nuke? Sounds a bit childish to me.

I think that no matter what happens it comes down to this question alone..

Do you mind, a Nuclear armed Iran? after all .. N.Korea? India.. etc etc

The answer to this question says what side of that red line you stand..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sounds like the wannabe bully who knows he can't win if his big brother isn't backing him up.
If they are so gung ho to invade, do it, why drag us in to it?
I still think if Obama is re elected, bombs will drop very soon afterward.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I dont really care for nukes at all. But who are we to tell Iran they cant have one when most other countries do? Well, countries we are allies with. I think we need to worry about whats going on with our own massive stockpile of nukes and quit playing nanny to the rest of the world

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 369821

I dont really care for nukes at all. But who are we to tell Iran they cant have one when most other countries do? Well, countries we are allies with. I think we need to worry about whats going on with our own massive stockpile of nukes and quit playing nanny to the rest of the world

A good point,although I can't help thinking that any new country getting a nuclear weapon is a step in the wrong direction for planet Earth. and all countries should reduce stockpiles quicker than before.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Abdul Qadeer Khan sold the Iranians the centrifuge design in 1989, he's admitted himself that those centrifuges (plus the North Korean and Libyan ones) could only be used to aid the development of nuclear weapons.

23 years later and those centrifuges are, by all accounts, quietly whirring away underground in some Iranian bunker. The Iranians aren't even denying that they're enriching uranium with them. They could buy fuel for their civilian nuclear reactors a damn sight less expensively than it's cost them to build these underground facilities and all these centrifuges.

So the only conclusion is that the Iranians really do want a nuclear weapon. And their only possible target is Israel. Or the USA/Western Europe.

I know that's a really unpalatable conclusion, one none of us want to hear. Especially those of use who have been against the Iraq war, against our presence in Afghanistan, against rendition and all the other appalling things done in our names over the last decade.

But I honestly think we've no alternative now other than to take on Iran to destroy their nuclear bomb facilities, to eliminate this threat once and for all. That fills me with despair, because I think Netanyahu is as much a lunatic as his Iranian equivalent.

For me, this is coming down to self preservation and protecting our own countries.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
they really should increase the dose on netenyahoos meds... or better yet send him back to the mental ward... he's getting more psychotic and delusional with each passing day...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthernThird

So the only conclusion is that the Iranians really do want a nuclear weapon. And their only possible target is Israel. Or the USA/Western Europe.

Just because they want a nuke, they have to have a target and the main target is Israel? Looks like yourve already bought into the propaganda.

With the US attacking every other country in the M.E., you dont think its possible that they want a nuke as a deterrent to an invasion?
edit on 16-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Were getting closer to that time..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

What would you be using these centrifuges for, then ?

I don't know what more you need, tbh. The guy who was paid millions to sell them the centrifuge design says that the Pak-1 centrifuge was created for the development of nuclear weapons. They've built the facilities underground. Most of their nuclear development has been done secretly, on the sly, out of public eye. Why ? If it was a civilian nuclear program it'd be entirely transparent. But it isn't.

I'm really sorry. I was against the invasions of Iraq, Afghanistan, I was disgusted by rendition.

But this is different.

Yep, I might well be buying into propaganda, I accept that. I rely on others like you to keep me straight. But some others I know, some of those attending that demo in London against the Iraq war, like me, that cold February day in 2003, well some of them share my position, not yours.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthernThird
reply to post by Juggernog

What would you be using these centrifuges for, then ?

selling nuclear material fit for reactors to countries who cant refine their own ending their reliance on oil and getting them off the petro-dollar while at the same time making iran a very wealthy country or forcing other producers to deal with stiff competition?

oh wait that makes too much sense they want to make a few nuclear weapons and use them so that the rest of the civilized world retaliates by glassing their entire country .....yeah there we go!

(and fyi the reactors they have absolutely can not refine nuclear materials to the level necessary for weapons other than maybe a few dirty bombs.... or thats what the cia mossad and a plethora of other intelligence agency say anyway)
edit on 16-9-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Why would Iran, an oil producer, want the third world to step off the oil machine ? Oil to the Iranians represents almost pure profit ... it's still miles less expensive to generate electricity using oil than by nuclear means.

You seem to know your stuff though, you seem quite clued up on the finances of uranium enrichment for civilian electricity generation. Perhaps you should offer your services to the authorities, they haven't been able to make a profit out of nuclear power since day dot.

Although please ... keep me straight. I'm heading into my 50's soon, I'm aware that my views have been drifting to the right for a while. I don't want to end up like Dad, he started out as a communist in his adolescence and now is to the right of Ghenghis Khan.

So you keep on keeping me straight

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthernThird

doesnt matter that they produce oil this gives them diversity in trade and more leverage in energy markets which is a good idea for them no matter how you look at it

maybe because oil is a limited resource and anyone with half a brain knows that and that energy is paramount to the infrastructure of every country

and the only reason nuclear power is largely unprofitable is due to the bureaucracy associated with running a nuclear power plant which is far more prevalent in westernized countries
(thats not to say they shouldnt be regulated though they do pay off the regulators and get away with things regardless..... just that there should be less waste as is the case with most governmental departments ......but after all we do have to keep people employed regardless of whether or not the modern world needs that many employees as productivity continues to increase due to technological developments)

and if youre trying to argue that it would not be profitable to sell enriched uranium to countries who dont have the infrastructure to produce their own i think you are mistaken and would be willing to bet on that

as with other forms of cleaner energy you have to look at the life span of the plants and future developments and not simply the initial investments

but no youre right they want a bomb so they can ensure their own demise.... how could i have been so foolish?
edit on 16-9-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hey get this quote from Bibbi
""It's the same fanaticism that you see storming your embassies today. You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?" Netanyahu asked in the NBC interview, in a clear emotional appeal to Americans still reeling from the angry protests sparked by a film that mocked the Prophet Mohammad."

Does that comment smell of Mossad hands in the embassy protests?
Just saying Que Bono?
Bibbi would definately benefit from the murder of a few US persons right now dontcha think?
With the big navy exercise comming up and all the timing is perfect for some shifty Mossad tactics to be emplyed......
I even wonder about the whole" militant attack" thing there on the Saini border.......the murder of the troops and the stolen vehicles that never were in any real position to harm the Isreali border there.....
Theres too much chance of black ops touching something big off over there right now.....
Nobody seems to want tensions ratchetted down.........nobody....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This is yet another desperate attempt by Netanyahu to convince the World that not only is Iran making Weapons grade uranium it has enough to make a warhead in 6/7 Months time.

Really ...???? Based on what... This is getting really really boring now , somebody should tell the poor guy that nobody with a brain cell believes this is the case. If it were even remotely accurate the CIA and other Intel agencies would know all about this.

President Obama must be really pissed off with this especially as he's trying to get re-elected, he doesn't need this constant ear ache from this wonderful impartial well respected middle eastern leader.

Fact is , the US has no intention of getting involved in yet another costly War with unknown consequences. It's not gonna happen anytime soon. Of course Israel could attack unilaterally but that would achieve nothing in fact it would probably prove to be counter productive.

I also think there is growing political dissent in Israel re this whole saga, I actually think Mr Netanyahu needs to try a different route like say using diplomacy , you never know it might actually help to diffuse this whole sorry situation.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They have been saying this for years that Iran is so close to having nukes. Hate the to break the news to these government officials, but Iran doesn't need nukes. It has allies with nukes. LOL
edit on 16-9-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join