It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Consulate / Embassy in Benghazi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

No Consulate / Embassy in Benghazi

www.jimstonefreelance.com

Here is the link to the Department of State web site, with a complete list of All U.S. embassies, consulates, and diplomatic missions world wide. www.usembassy.gov... There is onein Libya, obviously in Tripoli. And I will state right now that I have that Embassy page saved and captured, in case someone decides to bury this by faking Benghazi in for a while.

To further bolster this fact, Here is Google Maps of Benghazi Libya. Delete Benghazi Libya from the search window, and type the word EMBASSY or CONSULATE there. Because one does not exist in Benghazi, it will throw you to an alterna
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
unifiedserenity.wordpress.com
www.guardian.co.uk
i.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Google maps does not show an embassy in Benghazi. There is no listing in official government databases for a consulate or embassy in Benghazi. We are watching, "Wag the Dog" in real life. This is beyond BS and if we don't get vocal and make enough noise, WWIII is going to start on another false flag that is slapping us in the face!

I would like to know if anyone is in Benghazi, has access to Benghazi to verify any information, take pictures etc.. I know I can't trust the internet to verify if there is a business in my own town, but you'd think our government would know where our embassy and consulates are.

www.jimstonefreelance.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The Bengazi consolute was opened when we recognized the rebels as the legitimate government.

At the time Tripoli was still controlled by Moamar.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
These are photos for the Benghazi Consulate Compound. Some from during the over-running of former Navy Seals who were working the contract security for the compound....as a side note.... and a few from the top with an overhead of the compound the morning after. The overhead should give the layout well enough for a sharp eyed person who lives on Google Earth as I know some at ATS do, to spot the place within the larger context of the city.

The first three are the news photos of the Ambassador...nothing worse, but the same ones. Just a fair warning because it seems right to say.

Benghazi Consulate Compound Photo Series - Cryptome

It's interesting for both what they show and don't show.... No major battle outside, anyway. Just looting and destruction of vehicles. Certainly no U.S. support called in or parts of buildings would be in smoking ruin. Hmm... Something so odd about the timing and place to start all the rest.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was curious about the information available in the link you provided..I was following along until I came to this statement:

Look at the wave on the front of a Dorito's bag. That is the stylized EMP from the Sumatra nuke. I never got down to the details on that one with this site, but that wave shape on the front of a doritos bag is in fact a nuclear EMP waveform that has been italicized, and it is the one that India published for the boxing day tsunami.

Cracked me up ! Jokes!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Anyone notice the "protesters" wearing V for Vendetta masks?

OP, there was most certainly a consulate compound. I understand where you are coming from, but the "wag the dog" side is MSM insisting it's about the anti-muslim video.

It ain't about the video.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you follow the links, the media lists two different locations on google maps. Did you even go to the official government links? There is no listing in Benghazi. Anyone can stage a fire, a riot, and burn a building... do we have proof of any of this being real?

All we have is news stories that don't add up. I would really like to hear form some people in Benghazi that can verify this information from a trusted source. At this point are you going to trust any of the major media? I'm not, and it's smells pretty fishy after I visited the official government sites.

Look, I like to debunk along with the rest of you. Do you really believe we are being told the truth here? I want some proof beyond the footage shown.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Oh, and I will point out that bringing up SEALS or Military took photos... I for one think Osama Bin Laden died years ago as per Benazir Bhutto. So, all that footage of our seals storming that compound and Obama taking credit for making the tough call to go take out Bin Laden is a bunch of crap. Why would you buy this story knowing how often they have lied to us, and I just gave you proof there is no consulate listed by our government in Benghazi Libya, none!

Bin Laden story just to prove my issues here. What we are seeing is another wag the dog.
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yes, I did notice the V masks. I thought that was interesting.
No, I don't think all this is over a movie either.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Anyone that thinks this outburst in the middle east is about a movie...are wrong...and must have forgotten about US Foreign policies and how the US systematically ousted the leaders of these places earlier this year in the so called "Arab spring" ....every action has a reaction!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok, go to this link, scroll down and notice that it lists embassy and consulates.... notice... no consulate in Benghazi:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Wikipedia,

Where the misinformed get their facts.

Seriously though, it's not the end all be all of information sources, it's often wrong.
edit on 15-9-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
That was not the only source, but since it's apparently the only one you looked at I can understand your attitude. You all seem to know it all.... I'll leave it to you to not look any further than what's presented on a platter.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
That was not the only source, but since it's apparently the only one you looked at I can understand your attitude. You all seem to know it all.... I'll leave it to you to not look any further than what's presented on a platter.

They showed video of the consulate, they talked about it being established during the revolution.

But because you couldn't find it, it must not exist?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Why would you buy this story knowing how often they have lied to us, and I just gave you proof there is no consulate listed by our government in Benghazi Libya, none!

When my Father passed away a couple years ago, it took over a year for the Social Security Death Index to bother with the trouble to note the fact he'd earned his place on that particular roll. Now they state they update on a 6 month basis, on the outside. So, by your logic here, it would seem, one should have a reason to argue my 'ol Dad wasn't actually dead, because Uncle Sam didn't have it on a list it should rightfully HAVE been on half a year before it was.

Umm.... Our presence in Libya is BRAND NEW and my childhood memories are of watching Reagan go about bombing those very places in a state of war...but not really war...that never FULLY went away. So heck, I'd be more surprised if State Department lists DID list little facilities only months old. That would be moving too fast for Gov't bean counters.

This whole thing has been moving too fast, and that's what is getting our people killed above all, IMO.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Anyone notice the "protesters" wearing V for Vendetta masks?

OP, there was most certainly a consulate compound. I understand where you are coming from, but the "wag the dog" side is MSM insisting it's about the anti-muslim video.

It ain't about the video.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Priceless. Muslim protesters wearing the mask of a guy who was a violent Catholic extremist trying to instill a Catholic government in England.

Humans......

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the news media has quit calling the location of the attack in Benghazi an "Embassy" or "Consulate" but is now using the term "Compound". So, it wasn't an Embassy or Consulate as first reported by our news media and government. You can say all you want that it was a fast moving story, but I guarantee you that our government knows damn well when an Embassy or Consulate is attacked as that is sovereign soil, and an official act of war.

Again, the images show no American items, pictures, signs, logos of official "things" like letterhead, plaques, flags, nothing, but a burned out building, completely charred rooms that have desks without a single scorch mark on them. This thing screams false flag, set up, and manipulation. I am fairly certain they are trying to piss off the American people to be more than happy to flatten the Middle East in general. I will not be surprised when there is a limited hot war over there, and most Americans believe it was justified. It's all a set up, and the blood is on the hands of the media, politicians and those too stupid to think about what's really going on. Blow back? Oh, there will be blow back or at least something that looks like it and is blamed on the Middle East as well. Again, it's all a set up.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Perhaps if people thought about their post's veracity, they'd be more careful in making stupid assertions based, in part, on blogs and Wikipedia.

Definition of CONSULATE
1: a government by consuls
2: the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of a consul
3: the residence or official premises of a consul

www.merriam-webster.com...

Does anyone here contend that J. Christopher Stevens did not live, and die on September 11/12, 2012, in Benghazi, Libya?

con·sul noun \ˈkän(t)-səl\
Definition of CONSUL
1a : either of two annually elected chief magistrates of the Roman republic b : one of three chief magistrates of the French republic from 1799 to 1804
2: an official appointed by a government to reside in a foreign country to represent the commercial interests of citizens of the appointing country

Does anyone here contend that J. Christopher Stevens was not an official appointed to reside in Benghazi, Libya?

J. Christopher Stevens
Ambassador
Libya
Term of Appointment: 05/22/2012 to 09/11/2012

www.state.gov...

Does anyone here contend that J. Christopher Stevens was not a United States official?

The OP is deliberately misleading, or unaware of the facts.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Perhaps if people thought about their post's veracity, they'd be more careful in making stupid assertions based, in part, on blogs and Wikipedia.

Definition of CONSULATE
1: a government by consuls
2: the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of a consul
3: the residence or official premises of a consul

Does anyone here contend that J. Christopher Stevens did not live, and die on September 11/12, 2012, in Benghazi, Libya?

con·sul noun \ˈkän(t)-səl\
Definition of CONSUL
1a : either of two annually elected chief magistrates of the Roman republic b : one of three chief magistrates of the French republic from 1799 to 1804
2: an official appointed by a government to reside in a foreign country to represent the commercial interests of citizens of the appointing country

Does anyone here contend that J. Christopher Stevens was not an official appointed to reside in Benghazi, Libya?

J. Christopher Stevens
Ambassador
Libya
Term of Appointment: 05/22/2012 to 09/11/2012

www.state.gov...

Does anyone here contend that J. Christopher Stevens was not a United States official?

The OP is deliberately misleading, or unaware of the facts.

deny ignorance

jw

Im looking in my LexisNexis Legal dictionary at Consulate, Consular Officer and Embassy and Im getting refered to this document called the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations...

Now to find how a consular post is established, we scroll down that document to Article 4:

1.A consular post may be established in the territory of the receiving State only with that State’s
consent.
2.The seat of the consular post, its classification and the consular district shall be established by
the sending State and shall be subject to the approval of the receiving State.
3.Subsequent changes in the seat of the consular post, its classification or the consular district
may be made by the sending State only with the consent of the receiving State.
4.The consent of the receiving State shall also be required if a consulate-general or a consulate
desires to open a vice-consulate or a consular agency in a locality other than that in which it is itself
established.
5.The prior express consent of the receiving State shall also be required for the opening of an
office forming part of an existing consular post elsewhere than at the seat thereof.

Now if this consular post was to be recognised, it would have to meet the above conditions--being that there was a transition of government at the time; I would find it hard for any state to set up an official consular post in such a climate, but I could be wrong??

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It was a compound it was not an embassy.....

<<   2 >>

join