It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well, this is just typical of the Obama administration.

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

I don't understand. If you had credible information why not warn the diplomats and lockdown the embassy.
It makes no sense unless to further solidify that Obama is clueless and has no understanding of reality. Perhaps Obama is just inept or deep down he agrees with & has sympathy for the criminals.

EDIT:
Here is some more evidence:

Report: Egyptian Intelligence Warned of Embassy Attacks as Early as Sept 4

Could these warnings be the reason why Canada pulled their diplomats out a week ago?

Perhaps the Canadian leadership is a little smarter.

edit on 9/13/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Well, this is just typical of the Obama administration.

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

I don't understand. If you had credible information why not warn the diplomats and lockdown the embassy.
It makes no sense unless to further solidify that Obama is clueless and has no understanding of reality. Perhaps Obama is just inept or deep down he agrees with & has sympathy for the criminals.
edit on 9/13/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

to further stimulate US aggression's overseas......remember, we have to keep the hostilities going.

And America has to have the 'moral high ground', so we can't just attack first, we have to have something to respond to.
edit on 13-9-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
typical obama. Whenever something bad happens, he is personally to blame. he has never done a single thing right in his entire presidency. He hates America. He hates Freedom. He wants muslims to take control of the world. I cant wait till Romney wins so America can finally become a Utopia.

edit on 13-9-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Total hearsay...funny how the "press" can produce these so called "experts and officials"...of course they must remain anonymous...

"According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted."

It's propaganda...plain and simple. Until someone steps up and takes one for the team to prove such a statement...I will have serious doubts...it IS an election years so facts and truth are pretty much out the window.

In this day and age..."Say anything!"...worry about the facts and the accuracy later!

BTW...ever question what qualifies as a "senior diplomatic source"? It might be the cook or the doorman that worked at an Embassy in Turkey....they cleverly don't say....total BS for the sheep to gobble up...
edit on 13-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

There is no proof of this.

Please continue bashing Obama for other reasons.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
typical obama. Whenever something bad happens, he is personally to blame. he has never done a single thing right in his entire presidency. He hates America. He hates Freedom. He wants muslims to take control of the world. I cant wait till Romney wins so America can finally become a Utopia.

Wow, way to NOT comment on the topic at hand.

I understand since this is the normal reaction by Obama supporters when anything negative happens to showcase how bad Obama and his administration really is.

Whenever something bad happens, he is personally to blame.

Umm.....yes, who would you blame?....Bush?
He knew of the possibility of the attack and did nothing.

he has never done a single thing right in his entire presidency

I'm sure he has done something right but again, keep to the topic please.

He hates America. He hates Freedom. He wants muslims to take control of the world.

okay, I'll take your word for it. Again, stick to the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yet another disgraceful act of an incompetent POTUS and Administration.

I feel Hilary is more at fault but that's just me.

Besides, Obama won't get a lick of blame in any way shape or form anyway.

Dark Clouds are over America now-a-days, again.

Edit to add... Of course Obama didn't do anything. He hasn't done squat since he has been in office.

Now, if the MUSLIM EXTREMIST ISLAMIC TERRORIST attack a golf course around D.C. They better be ready to take on Obama. Can't mess with his tee times, now can they>
edit on 9/13/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I just love how a rag from England knows EVERYTHING about America and it's business..As the previous poster said, find something else to piss on Obama about..It's also comical that the president seems to be in control of EVERYTHING..People really, really need to learn how the U.S. government works

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Am I to believe that Obama is directly in control of all the embassies around the world? That seems... far fetched. Look, I'm no fan but I don't think we can blame the man for something that was probably completely out of his control.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Funny how there is always a one of these threads that claim America knew all about it.

Can it be possible that America doesn't know everything? Not everything is a conspiracy.

edit on 13-9-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Am I to believe that Obama is directly in control of all the embassies around the world? That seems... far fetched. Look, I'm no fan but I don't think we can blame the man for something that was probably completely out of his control.

My first sentence had the words "obama administration".
It all starts from the top. Incompetence from the top equals incompetence down the line. Plus, I'm sure he knew about it. So you are saying that impending attacks on our embassys is about to take place and nobody informs the President. Yeah, right!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Folks...I will be one of the last to defend anything this administration does...but...step back and take a breath and listen to yourselves. Any other time, you'd be railing against the MSM for disinformation and propaganda...but wait! This time... they said what you wanted to hear so it must be true!

It's Bullsh!t through and through.

I am not defending the Administration...I am defending intellect and denying ignorance...what this place is supposed to be about.

Just because the MSM says something you like, doesn't make it anymore fact based than the things you don't like...here is a clue...for me personally...when the media says something I like...I know I better look into it further...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

My point is, stop blaming him for any and everything. He doesnt not control every aspect of the entire world. Something bad happened, he sent marines and battleships to try to take control of the situation, let see how this plays out. If you want to sit there and get a hardon by telling strangers on the internet how much obama sucks, why dont you talk about the patriot act, or guantamano bay, or NDAA, or a number of other things you can actually blame him for. It would be way more effective then trying to stretch and blame the last couple days on Obama.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If the buck stops anywhere on this one it would be Hillary's as a direct thing on issues like security level. We've all been around to see wiki cables for routine traffic and some from the time since Clinton became Secretary of State. So it's pretty easy to see how these things are discussed and how it all works.

I'm absolutely no Obama supporter....but this isn't his thing. Much may be, but Hillary would have to be a 'do nothing' Secretary for something like this to even get to the President I would think.

I'd also wonder, prior to this, just how many threats they get on a routine basis against Embassies. I'm willing to bet routine is exactly the right word and did anything actually stand out about this warning from all the others? Valid questions...but nothing I am going to assume anything on. The enemy got lucky...and it could have been MUCH worse if the Embassies themselves had been over-run. Now we see the stakes, and however bad 1979 was, over-running an American position these days may well leave no one alive regardless of who they are.

link   
When I read the tread title, not having all the facts or even knowing if the story is true, i rushed to be the first one to blame Obama. Seems that is already covered.

link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Just because the MSM says something you like, doesn't make it anymore fact based than the things you don't like

It's funny how most here believe anything the media says as long as it shows the dems and the president in a positive light. However, let it show even a little negativity and it's all BS. Must be nice to have your cake and eat it also.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
My point is, stop blaming him for any and everything.

I don't, so your point is moot.

Take off your paranoia glasses and have a conversation.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
When I read the tread title, not having all the facts or even knowing if the story is true, i rushed to be the first one to blame Obama. Seems that is already covered.

If the article is true then who would you blame?
I'm sure the president would be informed of impending attacks right?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Friend,,,,,,, who does Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton walk behind and answer too?
Micky Mouse?
No,,,,This Man.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Just because the MSM says something you like, doesn't make it anymore fact based than the things you don't like

It's funny how most here believe anything the media says as long as it shows the dems and the president in a positive light. However, let it show even a little negativity and it's all BS. Must be nice to have your cake and eat it also.

I deny ignorance...you should try it.

I have stated my position many-many times...and just for your edification...I will reveal it again.

I will not vote for Obama...never been a democrat and never will be. I will not vote for Romney...I used to be a Republican years ago and they lost me. I am a Libertarian..I will vote for what is right...

I do not support this administration any more than the law says I have to. I do not listen to the MSM on just about anything or everything...they lie and twist the truth. I do not selectively decide when the media is telling the truth or telling a lie just because they say what I "need" to hear...you should think on that real hard and remember the motto...

"Deny Ignorance"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join