It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Facts the MSM are Distorting About Romney's Response to Embassy Attacks!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The mainstream media are laboring hard to turn Gov. Mitt Romney’s strong defense of American interests and values into a “gaffe” that reflects the Obama campaign’s claim that Romney is somehow not ready for the foreign policy duties of the presidency. They are largely ignoring President Barack Obama’s foreign policy and intelligence failures, and literally collaborating to attack Romney.

1. Romney was right about the timing of official Obama administration reactions. Yes, the U.S. Embassy in Egypt issued empathized with the mob before the attacks, but it reiterated its statements after the attacks as well. The White House disavowed those statements--through an unnamed source, and much later on Tuesday, while the State Department issued a similar statement at the same time that failed to condemn the raid.

2. The State Department condemned the Libya attack but not the attack in Egypt

3. Romney could not have known that the ambassador to Libya was killed. He could not have known because almost no one knew: it is likely that President Obama himself did not know.

4. Obama, not Romney, broke the mutual pledge not to attack each other on 9/11.

5. The Obama administration, not the Romney campaign, bungled its message.

But do note that Romney stayed to answer journalists’ questions, while Obama refused, ducking out to attend a fundraiser in Las Vegas. Romney is effectively the leader of the free world today, the man whose principled reaction to events expressed what ought to be--and used to be--the minimum Americans expect of their president

Source: www.breitbart.com...

With each passing day it is clear the MSM and Obama are hand in hand. Forget the truth at all cost... only saving the Obama Presidency is what matters. WTF is wrong with them?

The MSM is basically saying is that they will do anything to protect him and nothing to tell the people the truth.

What a disgrace. If the American voter falls for the cover-ups and lies etc. they deserve what will come.

OR America has changed that much that it isn't the country I remember as growing up in.

edit on 9/13/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
With each passing day it is clear the MSM and Obama are hand in hand.

YEPPERS ... check this out - MSM Reporters Caught on Open Mic Planning Attack on Romney

The Right Scoop reports that unnamed mainstream media journalists were caught on a live mic coordinating hostile questions for Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney before his press conference today on the U.S. embassy attacks.

Their goal was to make sure that no question would address the substance of the crisis but instead put Romney on the defensive about made-up mistakes in his criticism of President Obama. In the event, six out of the seven questions were almost exactly the same, all questioning Romney for his supposed mistake. (Romney handled the questions very well.)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, the MSM is trying hard to change the subject away from the assassination of our

Ambassador Chris Stevens. The attack happened on Obama's watch and he appears

to be very weak and foolish for giving the Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 Billion just a few

months ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

With each passing day it is clear the MSM and Obama are hand in hand.

YEPPERS ... check this out - MSM Reporters Caught on Open Mic Planning Attack on Romney

WOW....I went to think link..and followed to the story and audio...

NOW...reporters discussing how to get a straight answer out of politician is considered an "Attack"????

They were talking about how to get him to give an ACTUAL ANSWER to the question.

Just bizzare how the right wing nuts now thinks reporters looking for straight answers is an "Attack"...

Here you go...This is an "Attack"....by reporters??? The ones that we want to ask the hard questions???

What kind of News media are you looking for? One that doesn't ask actual questions? Just crazy...

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: …pointing out that the Republicans… *unintelligible* …Obama….

CBS REPORTER: That’s the question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: *unintelligible*

CBS REPORTER: Yeah that’s the question. I would just say do you regret your question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Your question? Your statement?

CBS REPORTER: I mean your statement. Not even the tone, because then he can go off on…

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And then if he does, if we can just follow up and say ‘but this morning your answer is continuing to sound…’ – *becomes unintelligble*

CBS REPORTER: You can’t say that..

**Later**

CBS REPORTER: I’m just trying to make sure that we’re just talking about, no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?

edit on 13-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The MSM strategy was expected.

- Ambush Mitt Romney -

- Toss Obama Softball Questions -

Maybe nobody will notice?

OOPS! They got caught!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
NOW...reporters discussing how to get a straight answer out of politician is considered an "Attack"????

It wasn't that they were discussing how to get a straight answer. That would be fine. It was the fact that they all decided to stick on a subject and ask the same question over and over even after it was clearly answered. It was an attack against a republican by the left wing MSM.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The problem is Mittens and those that support him can not see outside the box. Things are not always just black or white, there is always a grey area. Mittens, Ceo attitude of, my way or the highway, does not work in diplomacy.
The word diplomacy is not even in Mittens vocabulary, which was shown in England at the Olympics.
Mittens has every right to address Obamas foreign policys , but he should have shown respect for those murdered to be buried first, instead of speaking out without all the information during the crisis. There is a time and a place for everything. Mittens showed , no respect, no class, no timing and the total lack of diplomacy needed to be a world leader.
When angry people started gathering outside the U.S. embassy, DO YOU NOT THINK THE EMBASSY PEOPLE ON THE GROUND HAD A GOOD IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON AND WHY ??????????
Their response was to save themselves. The president disenvowed the embassys message because he didn,t get the embassys message till after the breach. Do you really think the president has a cell phone that is a direct line to every embassy and every world leader ?
An MSM conspiracy ? Even Fox is involved. The MSM does not have to conspire against Mittens , all he has to do is open his mouth, and then he inserts his own foot.

edit on 13-9-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

reply to post by anon72

reply to post by FlyersFan

Do any of you have any idea how daft you sound.

"Poor me the whole of the media in the world hates us...It's a Conspiracy I tell Ya!"

Truth be told. It has been a good bit of spin for Fox and the GOP.

But as the old saying goes.

You can fool all of the people some of the time.
You can fool some of the people all of the time.
BUT
You can't fool all of the people all of the time.

I guess you're just SOME of the people?????

edit on 13-9-2012 by BritofTexas because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If molesting logic and facts was a crime....Wow...

What's next...an thorough defense of how RUSSIA is "without question our number one geopolitical foe"???

Right up there with all the right wing nuts deciding to rewrite history...Paul Revere warned the BRITISH!!!

It is that mentality of never admitting a mistake...but rather distorting reality to align with the ef up.

It is the thinking that led to the Invasion of Iraq under false pretenses and false evidence and cost thousands of American lives.

Romney actually makes the Bush Administration look meticulous and honest!

I shudder to think of what a Romney administration would cost this country in lives and prosperity.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Romney criticized the POTUS while an attack on U.S. soil was still happening AND on the anniversary of 911.

If the political parties were reversed in this incident, the right would be screaming bloody murder and everybody knows it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

OMG! Breitbart strikes again!
They're worse than FOX "news".

Romney screwed up. He got called out for it. Now, his buddies at FOX and Breitbart (and elsewhere) are doing EVERYTHING they can to control the damage. Much of the right is squirming today. Of course, many of them agree that Romney stuffed both feet in his mouth and was WAY out of line to use this as a political attack on his opponent.

That's OK. I understand. But if you think you're getting the facts from Breitbart, you're highly mistaken.

I won't even spend any more time on this. It's ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree with Mark Saltzer...John McCain's former Chief of Staff and campaign head from 2008..

In the wake of this violence, the rush by Republicans -- including Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin and scores of other conservative critics -- to condemn [President Obama] for policies they claim helped precipitate the attacks is as tortured in its reasoning as it is unseemly in its timing.

content.usatoday.com...

The GOP of 2012 have severed thier tether to reality and thier moral compass is spinning.

For the sake of the country I hope they get thier bearings soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It was the fact that they all decided to stick on a subject and ask the same question over and over even after it was clearly answered. It was an attack against a republican by the left wing MSM.

No...Your source disagrees with you...

CBS REPORTER: I’m just trying to make sure that we’re just talking about, no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question.

Romney calls on just a few reporters and often friendly ones. They wanted to make sure the ONE question got asked "no matter who he calls on".

It's just crazy to me that in far-right world, reporters asking questions is an "attack"

REPORTERS...who we want to ask the hard questions...

And even when they ask EASY questions....in far-right world they are "Gotcha Questions"...

Like this "ATTACK" by the commie media and thier "questions"

"What have you seen so far today, and what are you going to take away from your visit?"

And Palin's response...

HERE IS ANOTHER "GOTCHA" QUESTION BY THE "LIBERAL MEDIA" ACCORDING TO THE FAR RIGHT...

when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read

Does the right-wing ever reflect that they have promoted a candidate unable to answer the most basic of questions????

NOPE...They call the media "Liberal" and "Bias"...for simply ASKING QUESTIONS...

In common parlance...this is called "removing the referee"...if an honest fight can't be won...take out the referee and cheat.

If "Facts" and "Questions" are hurting your BS...Attack the news media and fact checkers.

It is a strategy that actually ends up damaging our democracy...because we need to be informed to make informed decisions about who we elect.

AND THAT IS THE TRUTH OF IT...THE FAR RIGHT IS HURTING ALL OF US WHEN THEY ATTACK THE NEWS MEDIA FOR ASKING QUESTIONS AND FACT-CHECKERS FOR CARING ABOUT FACTS...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

It wasn't that they were discussing how to get a straight answer. That would be fine. It was the fact that they all decided to stick on a subject and ask the same question over and over even after it was clearly answered. It was an attack against a republican by the left wing MSM.

It's better to attack Romney than to attack Obama over his administration being

played for a fool by the Muslim Brotherhood.

--- $1.5 Billion .........gone.

They are buying American flags and then burning them.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Even Breit has a hard time getting answers out of him.

Everything seems to be a gotcha question to Mitt.

How does a reporter get a strait answered out of Mitt?

Which Mitt are you voting for?

Flip Flop Mitt.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Exactly how did Romney Screw up? Seriously.

Why is the press seeking/demanding answers from him instead of Obama. As they let him scurry away to his fund raiser in Vegas--without a single question?

Did you even read the article etc. It clearly shows Romney didn't screw up.

But, that wouldn't fit the Destory Romney by MSN narrative.

What amazes me is that smart people such as yourself actually think Obama is/had done a good job-enough to get re-elected.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Exactly how did Romney Screw up? Seriously.

He showed a HUGE error in judgment, by sticking his nose into a situation about which he knew nothing. (He doesn't yet get security briefings)
He blamed Obama for the statement released at the Embassy.
He said Obama was "sympathetic" when Obama had said no such thing.
He used a tense OVERSEAS situation for his own political gain.

I could go on...

Why is the press seeking/demanding answers from him instead of Obama. As they let him scurry away to his fund raiser in Vegas--without a single question?

I don't speak for the press. But no one knows anything about Romney. I'm not surprised they tried to get answers from him. I wish the press would be more aggressive in asking questions of the politicians, including Obama.

Did you even read the article etc. It clearly shows Romney didn't screw up.

I actually did. As I've stated, even if #3 is true, it doesn't matter. But Romney released his statement at 10:30 PM ON the 11th.
On #4. Obama didn't "attack" Romney. Maybe Clinton did, but Romney didn't have a "deal" with Clinton. And I doubt Obama tells President Clinton what to do... The points are conjecture and twisted to serve a purpose.

Breitbart is TRASH, dude. It's nothing but an extreme right-wing rag. It's worse than WND. It gets NO respect from me. If you want me to take an article seriously, it's gotta come from somewhere else. They have shown their ass too many times.

What amazes me is that smart people such as yourself actually think Obama is/had done a good job-enough to get re-elected.

Well, thanks. I don't think Obama has done a great job. I have a lot of criticisms of his work. That doesn't mean I hate him or think he's dangerous. I think he is a good president who was handed a MESSED up situation. This country was in free-fall when he came on board. The horse and wagon were going over the cliff when he took the reigns. I think he's done a pretty good job of pulling it back and keeping us from another Great Depression. He could have done better and I think he will in his next term. I think he deserves more of a chance.

I understand that you disagree, but that's what makes this place interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Mitt Romney has every right to criticize Obama.

You just don't like it when it's the truth and it happens on Obama's watch.

It does political damage to Obama.

-------------

Do you want Romney to keep quiet until the end of November?

The burning of American flags at our embassies is a disgrace.

Appeasing the Muslim Brotherhood has backfired.

Obama and Hillary rolled the dice and got burned. Now they look like fools.

--- The truth hurts. ---

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Evidently, Romney's campaign managers arranged the press conference...Mitt was in Jacksonville FL where he had planned a 'fund rally.'

Story here.

Oh, wait, that may be the second statement. I do remember reading that Mitt called the press even the first time but I can't find that now...
edit on 9/13/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
MSM REPORTING BIAS:

Where is the MSM on these gaffes?

Obama Gaffes:
UNREAL… Obama Invites Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood President to Meet Next Week – Refuses to Meet Netanyahu
Posted by Jim Hoft
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

White House clarifies Obama’s statement that Egypt is not an ‘ally’
Posted By Josh Rogin
thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

Barack Obama Used Troop Deaths To Ding Bush, McCain Support For Iraq In 2008 By Andrew Kaczynski
www.buzzfeed.com...

**BOYCOTT MSM**

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join