It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

What was he doing there to begin with?

He was there before NATO started bombing, 'developing relationships' with the Rebels (Hilary's own words), who we all know as Al-Qaida. Despite this fact he does seem to be a nice guy, regardless of his job. We're all angry about the deceit with Libya and eventually the truth will spill out as it is already, with evidence showing other countries had boots on ground. Al-Qaida were assisting and are now present in Libya. And now this admission from the US that they had a 'diplomat' stationed with the Rebels, before NATO even started bombing, 'developing relationships' (Christopher Stevens was an international trade lawyer, you can figure out the rest).

Furthermore, this 'movie' is made by someone who doesn't exist, after some digging, and was probably created by Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a California Coptic Christian. Sam Bacile seems to not exist. The movie looks very cheaply made and seems specifically designed to incite violence by Muslims.

The fact he was killed due to this movie is not a 'he had it coming' moment. I understand your anger but this is not the time to vent it, or the manner in which it should be done.
edit on 13-9-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves

Not that you care .... but I'll say it anyways .... your statement disgusts me.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I wondered if it wasn't in revenge for destroying Libya and killing Gaddafi rather than some feigned outrage about a movie.

That would be my guess, seems he was practically turned over to them an assassination is what it was.

I wouldn't say anything like that about my worst enemy, can come back to haunt ya.

Just a quick reminder, Benghazi was one of the first city's under rebel control, all Ghadaffi supporters were killed and tortured, even after the Colonel died there were daily incidents and killings of civilians etc. who weren't quick enough to celebrate his death.

Therefore, it is almost impossible for any of Ghadaffi supporters to have done this which brings us to the next level - 'even if the ambassador got what he deserves' (i strongly disagree, but for the sake of the argument) it was done by his so called friends, not enemy's.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonedogdiary

I have absolutely no respect for anyone that condones the actions of yesterday on innocent people. If he had previously been a part of a military operation he was following his countries orders which may or may not have been for the best. We aren't debating that. We're talking about how anybody could have the balls to say something like that when on the anniversary of one of the biggest disasters our country has ever faced, an angry mob burned part of our embassy, tore our flag and raised their own, and killed four people senselessly.

How can anyone in this country defend this angry mob? People like that should seriously leave the country, and I know that might sound childish. But I appreciate what freedom we have left here and even when I strongly disagree with what our country is doing sometimes, I still get tears in my eyes at times when I hear the national anthem and I still respect what my loved ones and friends and friends in the military have done and given for this country no matter what party was ruling at the time.

I really hate to do this... but...

The Nazi's at Auschwitz were, as you put it, "part of a military operation.. following their country's orders".

Does that mean that once the war was over, none of them should have been tried for war crimes? That's basically what you're advocating. That it's ok for someone to commit heinous acts if their ordered to do so, and shouldn't face any form of repercussions, because they're just "doing their job".

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Sometimes I just sit in absolute awe and bewilderment at all the "shock and outrage" of my fellow American citizens.

The story below is trending on Yahoo right now with the tagline "Slain ambassador a 'hero' during revolution:
Chris Stevens once slipped into Libya on a cargo ship to help rebels overthrow Gadhafi."

So...basically our "diplomat" was more or less a CIA operative who illegally infiltrated a sovereign government specifically with the intent of assisting a militant overthrow of Libyan government...and we are now somehow all bent out of shape that somebody stamped his ticket for him?

Christ almighty...what did we really expect was going to happen? What we do in this country if the Chinese Ambassador started a civil war in order to make us their puppet state?

Link: gma.yahoo.com...

1.You have people who are educated by tv, they dont realize Israel/banksters controls the tv

2. you have people who are enlightened, they can see the lies if they watch tv
we need to show the tv is 90% lie wrapped in 10% truth, some people are too busy working to learn anything other than whats on tv, the news

cause and effect is why things happen

one thing not considered the UK recently declared embassies open game in regard to Assange, when the UK did that i knew it was going to bight back as other countries do the same

nobody has the right to kill unless its self-defense and a warning has been given that deadly force will be used Advanced humans dont kill.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

I have absolutely no respect for anyone that condones the actions of yesterday on innocent people. If he had previously been a part of a military operation he was following his countries orders which may or may not have been for the best. We aren't debating that. We're talking about how anybody could have the balls to say something like that when on the anniversary of one of the biggest disasters our country has ever faced, an angry mob burned part of our embassy, tore our flag and raised their own, and killed four people senselessly.

How can anyone in this country defend this angry mob? People like that should seriously leave the country, and I know that might sound childish. But I appreciate what freedom we have left here and even when I strongly disagree with what our country is doing sometimes, I still get tears in my eyes at times when I hear the national anthem and I still respect what my loved ones and friends and friends in the military have done and given for this country no matter what party was ruling at the time.

The Nazi's at Auschwitz were, as you put it, "part of a military operation.. following their country's orders".

Does that mean that once the war was over, none of them should have been tried for war crimes? That's basically what you're advocating. That it's ok for someone to commit heinous acts if their ordered to do so, and shouldn't face any form of repercussions, because they're just "doing their job".

yes i was going to say that

Nazi's couldnt say they where just doing what they where ordered to do, human beings are meant to know killing is not right unless its self defense

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

And no...Iran was not ever anybody's colony. Nor was Iraq, Iran, or Syria. They were a natural outgrowth of the basic observation that western-style secular governments simply work better...especially when dealing with a wide range of ethnic and religious diversity.

After the madness of the Crusades the Middle East began a long and slow trend towards religious tolerance...mostly stemming from the observation that religious warfare was basically the "Mutually Assured Destruction" of the day. In other words...it created a state of warfare in which nobody could ever really "win" unless they kill every single man, woman, and child of the competing religion or ethnicity.

All of the modern fundamentalist kookery in the Middle East STARTED when Israel did the unthinkable and declared that the new government of what was formerly Palestine was now going to a Jewish theocracy.

Middle Eastern Imperial History at a glance
Sassanid Empire
The Calphite
Great Seljuq
Then the Crusader and Saladin.
Then the Mongols and Turks-Ottoman
Then British Colonialism in the Middle East -> Info & Info 2.
Then the Kingdom of Iraq under British Administration
Then WW2 and Israel.

Great site for some brief history on the middle east... www.middleeastfellowship.org

And I'm only touching on the brief here.

ETA: And mostly about Iraq... I opened my eyes after coming back from OIF. It's when I started to learn instead of blindly listen.
edit on 12-9-2012 by thesungod because: see eta

So what is the point you are trying to make here? That you agree with me?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Please dont use common sense and rational thought when evaluating this event. It only angers and confuses the brain washed masses.

No doubt.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves

Not that you care .... but I'll say it anyways .... your statement disgusts me.

Why?

The guy illegally entered Libya in order to foment a civil war with armed rebels and further destabilize the region...BEFORE he was named "ambassador".

Why does it disgust you so much? Doesn't the Bible say that "he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword"?

...if I remember correctly from other threads you're a big believer in the Bible...aren't you?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

I wondered if it wasn't in revenge for destroying Libya and killing Gaddafi rather than some feigned outrage about a movie.

That would be my guess, seems he was practically turned over to them an assassination is what it was.

I wouldn't say anything like that about my worst enemy, can come back to haunt ya.

Just a quick reminder, Benghazi was one of the first city's under rebel control, all Ghadaffi supporters were killed and tortured, even after the Colonel died there were daily incidents and killings of civilians etc. who weren't quick enough to celebrate his death.

Therefore, it is almost impossible for any of Ghadaffi supporters to have done this which brings us to the next level - 'even if the ambassador got what he deserves' (i strongly disagree, but for the sake of the argument) it was done by his so called friends, not enemy's.

Think about what you just said.

Seriously...just stop and think about it.

"..Ghadaffi supporters were killed and tortured, even after the Colonel died there were daily incidents and killings of civilians etc. who weren't quick enough to celebrate his death."

Don't think that there might be one or two family members of all those tortured and murdered civillians who might be a bit pissed that the US armed and funded rebels tortured Ma and Pa to death? Even it was possible to ensure a 100% kill rate of Ghadaffi supporters in Benghazi without missing so much as a single individual...do you think it's possible that maybe a few more from a different city or village might have decided to show up for the party?

Just stop and think about what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

...and how about the irony of that guy "appreciating the freedom he has left here"...but also acknowledging that we should all be expected to murder civilians if the government instructs us to do so and we shouldn't hold that individual responsible for their own actions.

So much for personal responsibility, huh?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So I guess the murder of Ambassadors is fair game in the world? So much for civilization. OP, you did not know this man-at all-, yet you say he got what he deserved. I hope you are never judged unfairly.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
yeah people would show sympathy about a u.s ambassador being killed, but no one shows sympathy were thousands of children are dying in the middle east

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

??

Hey now! I never said nor agreed with that statement. That's the OP's, not mine.

I knew that, I was addressing both of ya.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PrestonSpace

Americans do not hate America, Americans hate their Government

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I oppose the war on terror. I oppose that the US government accused Bin Ladin, without providing any proof of his involvement at all. I oppose the invasion of Afghanistan. I oppose the invasion of Iraq. I oppose the blatant picturisation of "muslims" as terrorists.

There is no excuse for yesterday's actions, by people in the middle east. These places are diplomatic in nature, and I oppose the people of the middle east entering these areas, as much as I oppose the british government entering another in London, to take Assange.

Yesterday, is just another proof ... of how uncontrollable, and chatoic they are. It proves, beyond reasonable doubt, that these are just puppets in the hands of a puppet master. I saw this movie on YouTube, or part of it, and to be honest. It's more an insult to the maker, than to Mohammed. And I sincerely doubt, the people who went on a frenzy saw it ... and if they did, I'd ask what sort of muslims they are, watching such garbage.

Nobody deserves to die, wether it's the children of Iraq, Ghaddafi, or the ambassador to the US.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
OP, I think you need to change your title. It doesn't jive with what I *think* your message is, which is one of non-interventionism. There are reasons these things happen and US actions have a lot to do with them, but to say someone deserved to die is just plain ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
So I guess the murder of Ambassadors is fair game in the world? So much for civilization. OP, you did not know this man-at all-, yet you say he got what he deserved. I hope you are never judged unfairly.

What I'm saying is that if the "Ambassadors" are graduates of the National War College, illegally enter foreign countries, and assist rebel factions in overthrowing their government, starting a civil war, and torturing and executing thousands and thousands of innocent civilians then we might need to seriously call Webster's to have them provide another possible definition for the word "Ambassador" so that it's more synonymous with the word "terrorist".

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
America should seriously consider pulling up stakes EVERYWHERE in the world and just go home and not answer the phone for a few years. No financial aid, opinions or military intervention for anyone.

The US cant win: If they act militarily to support or protect they get accused of interfering. If they do nothing, they get blamed for turning their backs on a country that needs help. Even if they provide aid, somebody accuses them of interfering in the economy of a sovereign nation.

Seriously. Take your ball and go home for a while and see how long it will take for these same critics to beg for help.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by yourmaker

Seriously? Did you really just say that?

Opinions are opinions and I understand that. But with that opinion I'm thinking maybe we should send an angry mob to your house to burn it down and fire rockets at you and your family. Is that okay with you?

Did he help overthrow a foreign government though?

His opinion isn't the same as him actually acting out on it on the behalf of our governments.

You mean like the angry mob that destroyed Afghanistan "looking for Osama"? That angry mob...?

or the one who damn near turned Iraq back into desert........?

ORR, the one who decided that Ghadaffi was incapable of playing by their rules, so they had him killed...?

Four people died senselessly.. This is true... But how many have we killed with the drones..?
And how many were killed when we bombarded Libya? Or did we have a tactic of only shooting at empty buildings..?

Nooo I recall the US being a part of killing some babies in Libya....

Oh please give it a rest. Do you really think that that angry religiously intolerant extremist mob killed the ambassador for ANY of the reasons you state? Anyone who says yes really needs to wake up to how extremists behave. They killed that ambassador for one reason and one reason only. An absolute belief that their belief is sacrosant and that ANYBODY is a valid target for execution especially if they represent the "Evil and islamist west". They would even kill 12 year old children with learning difficulties.

If what you say is true then a significant majority of Libya would agree with what has happened THEY DON'T!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join