It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of a Butterfly – A Lesson in Tibetan Buddhism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This morning I discovered a dying monarch butterfly on the deck of my house. It was literally exhausting its last life essence right in front of me. What made this moment really special for me was that it chose to do this under a pyramid of mine. I had only placed it there a few days prior, because I was going to clean it and then bring it inside to utilise in a ritual I’m in the process of creating. It must have been attracted to the vortex energy under the apex and decided this was an auspicious place to ‘pass on’. Here are the pics.

Animals have an uncanny way of teaching us life lessons if we are open to receiving them. This beautiful butterfly reminded me of the importance of choosing to die with dignity and lucidity, as well as contemplating death as a spiritual exercise during your life time - an important aspect of Tibetan Buddhism. Following is a really good short article explaining this concept - click on the link. Hope you enjoy.

Contemplation and meditation on death and impermanence are regarded as very important in Buddhism for two reasons : (1) it is only by recognising how precious and how short life is that we are most likely to make it meaningful and to live it fully and (2) by understanding the death process and familiarizing ourself with it, we can remove fear at the time of death and ensure a good rebirth

www.buddhanet.net...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Maybe you killed it with the vortex in your pyramid. Too powerful for it to handle.

Look on the bright side though, that's one typhoon on the other side of the world that may not happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
pure zen there brother i use a pyramid to sharpen my razors have done for 9 years now and never bought one angle it north to south & keep it up 3'33 can you feel the magic s& f for you sir s& f

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
pure zen there brother i use a pyramid to sharpen my razors have done for 9 years now and never bought one angle it north to south & keep it up 3'33 can you feel the magic s& f for you sir s& f

Cool - good to see there are other pyramid 'believers' here on ATS

Have done just about every experiment imaginable with my pyramids. Started doing this when I was about 11. The razor thing is very practicle.

Thanks for sharing.

* Ned

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Keep believing and the monarch connection goes deeper than you might realize...remember this moment, I will reveal something to you soon...

Clue if you choose to follow...Methuselah Monarch...although this fellow is not one of the Methuselah mutations
obviously

See you soon

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What's the law say about molesting butterflies now.... ?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Not sure, but your avatar is molesting my eyes...i think i like it...no legal charges pending, good 1

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

I'm in Oz, not sure if the Methusela breed live here. Unless some make the extra trip after reaching Mexico. Only another 20 000 kms

Thanks, did not know about these butterflies

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here is my favorite Kahlil Gibran quote, from "The Prophet" and the poem "Death"

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

The entire poem can be found here: www.katsandogz.com...

Monarch butterflies are miraculous creatures.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Here is my favorite Kahlil Gibran quote, from "The Prophet" and the poem "Death"

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

The entire poem can be found here: www.katsandogz.com...

Monarch butterflies are miraculous creatures.

That's a brilliant poem.

I like this line

If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.

Thanks for sharing

top topics

join