It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS where were you and what were you doing 11 years ago. Rememberence......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
ATS, it is once again the anniversary of that tragic and fateful day. I would like to hear your stories about where you were and what you were doing when you learned the world had been changed forever.

September 11, 2001 at 9:00 A.M. central U.S. time. Location- rural central Indiana.

This was during my time in service, one of my battle buddies had broken a leg and was on crutches. A recent storm had damaged the roof of his home, and it needed repaired. So some of us from my unit had gone to help him out and repair it. We had been tearing off the old shingles so we could lay new ones, when about 2 hours in my buddy came limping out and said " guys some crazy # is going down!, someone just crashed a plane into one of the twin towers!"

We all looked at eachother and kind of shrugged it off you know, like wow, that's #ty for everyone there. At the time we only thought it was a small cesna type plane at the time. So we just keep working. About 30 mins later he comes back out and says "guys another plane hit the other tower". At which point we all froze, not saying anything yet, just looking at eachother. It takes time for this kind of info to sink in. When all of a sudden the realization hit us. "There is no way that could be on accident" said one of my section members.

When my buddy came back out and said "they were both passenger liners, THEY WERE BIG PLANES!"

I was looking up, when I realized what seemed wrong to me hit me like a ton of bricks. I said to my buddies" did anybody notice there are no planes in the air?" ( in central indiana there are always at any one time, at least 7 or 8 planes clearly visible in the clear sky above your head.)

This sent off shockwaves through us all, we were all visibly shaken, when my section Sgt.-------- pulled out his phone and said, " I am gonna call the unit and see what they say"

That's when it happened. His phone wrang, then my phone wrang, while I was on the phone, everyones phones started wringing, one after another. We all got the same message.

"You have 1 hour to report to your station with all of your gear!" We pointed out to our unit commander that most of us were over an hour away to which he ordered us " drive faster! Do not stop, we will take care of the police when you arrive if necessary!"

That's when we saw the price of gas, it had hit $5.00 a gallon already at almost every station we passed. The lines were already out of the lots onto the streets.

Upon arriving at our station, we were put on 100% lockdown, a straight shKedown inspection immediately took place, then they started issueing weapons. As a 24 year old with 2 very young children and a young wife at home that I hadn't even talked to yet I was petrified, fear is just not a strong enough word. For my emotional state.

They confinscated our cell phones and told us to make ready for immediate march orders. Even the grizzled old timers who were some grim faced inglorious bastards, were visibly shaken, which sent wave of sheer terror through us younger guys.........

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
My wife was in the hospital and I was on my way there when the attacks happened. Our son I was born the day before. I was listening to the Howard Stern show, when I heard him say something just hit the World Trade Center. I remember thinking it was a joke part , of his show. But soon realized it was not a joke, a jet really just flew into a building. I arrived at the hospital just as the second plane hit. Everyone in the lobby was glued to the televisions. Some had tears in her eyes others look very concerned. Then the other 2 planes crashed. I remember feeling helpless. With my wife and son at the hospital, we couldn't hunker down and if we needed to. Just a crazy week. I remember like it was yesterday.
edit on 11-9-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This again.. really? This country is truly suffering from collective PTSD and I don't even think they are aware of it.
We need some therapy ASAP.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
This again.. really? This country is truly suffering from collective PTSD and I don't even think they are aware of it.
We need some therapy ASAP.

They have to constantly keep bringing this up. How else are they going to justify their BS war on terror? They never stop to think about the orphans of the people that died in those building nothing better for the psyche than to be constantly reminded that your parent died when a building collapsed on them.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Its probably memorial for Americans, i mean it is the highest amount of death for them in a while.

For me personally, this day means nothing, i don't think one life is greater than other.. the amount of people that are dieing every minute because of some stupid war is much worse. Soon as i finish typing this... bam! There goes another family!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Or the more likely reason. Just like someone who suffers a tragedy, talking about it helps one to overcome the event. Ignoring does nothing to help the situation.

Hey I know stick your head in the sand somewhere more fitting your abviously rude and obtuse comments.

top topics

join