It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests Mayor of Trenton, New Jersey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The mayor of New Jersey's capital city was arrested on Monday on corruption charges for allegedly accepting bribes during an undercover sting operation, FBI and court records showed.

Trenton Mayor Tony Mack, 46, his brother, Ralphiel Mack, 39, and business associate Joseph A. "JoJo" Giorgianni, 63, faced charges in connection with an alleged kickback scheme to sell city owned land to investors for well under the assessed value.

The charges were the result of a two-year FBI investigation that incorporated two informants cooperating with law enforcement. Fishman said at least one of those moles wore a wire to record conversations for the FBI.

About 2 months ago, the FBI raided their houses and also the city hall. Im glad to see these guys going to jail.

Also, this guys deputy mayor was arrested last year for some pretty serious stuff.

Last May, his deputy mayor, Paul Sigmund IV, was arrested and charged with heroin possession and assaulting a police officer, which led to Sigmund's prompt resignation.

Wow.

Do I think this arrest will cause other politicians to think twice before doing shady stuff? Nope.
edit on 10-9-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
He probably has a few mil in a cayman islands bank that's untouchable.
The slap on the wrist he's gonna get will be well worth the money he's stolen.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

He probably has a few mil in a cayman islands bank that's untouchable.
The slap on the wrist he's gonna get will be well worth the money he's stolen.

I wouldnt be suprised if he had a ton in the caymans either. I doubt he'll get much of a sentence. Just the usual slap on the wrist and then back into the game.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I am willing to bet he wasn't playing ball on something, perhaps even doing something good for his constituents, every politician, mayor governor is pretty much doing such deals, Blagojevich was taken down for not raising the taxes on the people which angered the Madigans, along with other things, (from what I understand at least) so they tapped his phone and what not, Blago even said, you tap any politicians phone and you'll be sure to find dirt on every single one.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
why doesn't the fbi ever target anyone in congress.

are all 400+ representatives and 100 senators angels of God with the integrity of a saint and a moral compass that can guide lost souls to paradise.

ya right, i bet its because senate oversight committees have access to every investigation being run and will know in a heartbeat if anyone is being looked at.

which they never are any ways.

plus they control the fbi's budget.

edit on 10-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
These crooked politicians should be hung.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

They should be but they won`t be, in some cases they even get re-elected. ( marion barry)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

I don't think they should be hung. This is New Jersey after all. I always thought that was how it worked there. He should be forced to live in New Jersey for the rest of his life and never be alowed to leave... In the same house as the cast of Jersey Shore... That would be worse than being hung.
edit on 10-9-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Ever hear of ABSCAM? It was an FBI sting that resulted in the arrest and conviction (Bribery) of one US Senator and five Representatives. So Congress is not exempt.

new topics

top topics

join