It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina's strange, strange pond.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

OOOPSEY... Dubba post
edit on 10-9-2012 by ColeYounger because: double post

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
nice thread looks interesting and quite a quest to find this pond.

Hope you find it, ill come back for updates

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Off to dig for details. Have you posted this in other places?

yourtubenews.ning.com...

North Carolina's Strange Pond Posted by UnSlaveMe on September 10, 2012 at 6:22am in Editorials, Commentaries, BlogsView Discussions I plan on posting a thread soon about a very strange area on some land that my relatives own. It's really amazing. I don't know much about the subject of power spots or sacred spots and I apologize for sounding unscientific, but the place is, for lack of a better or more descriptive word, "enchanted". While researching the topic , my cousin stumbled upon this story. I thought it was a very cool story, and from what I've gleaned so far, quite a mystery! It actually involves a song by the band Fleetwood Mac. My cousin was online browsing some sites about this stuff, and he saw a discussion board where people were talking about 'ley lines' which are supposed alignments of ancient sacred or 'power' spots, monuments, etc. There's a ton of online and youtube info on the stuff

Oops. Sorry. Just saw the "Posted from Above Top Secret" on the other site.

edit on 10-9-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Very interesting. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Off to dig for details. Have you posted this in other places?

yourtubenews.ning.com...

North Carolina's Strange Pond Posted by UnSlaveMe on September 10, 2012 at 6:22am in Editorials, Commentaries, BlogsView Discussions I plan on posting a thread soon about a very strange area on some land that my relatives own. It's really amazing. I don't know much about the subject of power spots or sacred spots and I apologize for sounding unscientific, but the place is, for lack of a better or more descriptive word, "enchanted". While researching the topic , my cousin stumbled upon this story. I thought it was a very cool story, and from what I've gleaned so far, quite a mystery! It actually involves a song by the band Fleetwood Mac. My cousin was online browsing some sites about this stuff, and he saw a discussion board where people were talking about 'ley lines' which are supposed alignments of ancient sacred or 'power' spots, monuments, etc. There's a ton of online and youtube info on the stuff

Oops. Sorry. Just saw the "Posted from Above Top Secret" on the other site.

edit on 10-9-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

Just to add to the ley line angle a bit.

A picture says a thousand words.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

ha ha i remember this mountain from a visit to the area. it still looks like a breast to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

North Carolina's mystery pond could actually have become be a real pond,
a depression that came to life as an aquatic body.

There are other ponds and lakes out there formed mysteriousy,
comes to mind....Mountain Lake
in which this lake diminishes, then returns.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
could it have been a sink hole

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I grew up in Winston-Salem and my parents still live in the same county. I'm now living just north of Charlotte I've never heard of this but it sounds very interesting. If anyone wants to go looking sometime shoot me a message. I'm game.

Pilot mountain is an extinct volcano. The core magma chamber when it died hardened into a denser stone than that around it and that's why it's eroded the way it has. I do wonder also if you could see the depression that the other poster mentioned from on pilot mountain. There's plenty of hiking trails and look outs up around the knob. I'm pretty sure climbing up to the top of the knob is still prohibited, there are endangered birds nesting up there.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Good find, and here's what it looked like in 1998:

edit on 11-9-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A friend and I had a profound experience near the base of Pilot Mountain in 1986.

While riding in a car, we witnessed an unidentified object as it rose from the ground and left our atmosphere.

Upon reaching our destination, we soon realized that we had lost about three hours of time.

Now that felt like a dream I can assure you!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Missing time? Sounds like you may have been visited by the Greys.
I never realized that area of N.C. had so much weird stuff happening..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hi all, this is my first post. I browse the forums daily as a lurker. I live in Winston Salem. This pond has me curious. I have hiked around Pilot Mountain many times as well as Hanging Rock thats not to far from Pilot. Hanging Rock has quite a few unique places. My feeling is the mystery pond could be a rock quarry not too far from the city. Few people in Winston actually know that is exist. Only city officials have access to it but there are plans to make it into a public park. Which will ruin it. I have never seen is but plan on checking it out. It is off of Reynolds Park Road. I have heard that it is beautiful and has fresh water jelly fish and the water looks like glass surrounded by rock. Anyway, I am going to ask around. Someone has to know more info. Here is a link to the rock quarry pond.
www.telegram.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I live near W-S and would love to check this out sometime. If anyone wants to go hunting, I'm game.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynx
Hi all, this is my first post. I browse the forums daily as a lurker. I live in Winston Salem. This pond has me curious. I have hiked around Pilot Mountain many times as well as Hanging Rock thats not to far from Pilot. Hanging Rock has quite a few unique places. My feeling is the mystery pond could be a rock quarry not too far from the city. Few people in Winston actually know that is exist. Only city officials have access to it but there are plans to make it into a public park. Which will ruin it. I have never seen is but plan on checking it out. It is off of Reynolds Park Road. I have heard that it is beautiful and has fresh water jelly fish and the water looks like glass surrounded by rock. Anyway, I am going to ask around. Someone has to know more info. Here is a link to the rock quarry pond.
www.telegram.com...

Wow that's an interesting take on it jaynx.

I've actually been to that old quarry a few times. I live only a few blocks from it as a matter of fact.

Yes it has a weird energy and looks alien to the surrounding area.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Very interesting post. I am always happy to see something different on here and this is one! I seldom post/reply myself. I've had some things happen in my life and have seen much. I'd like to share some of it, particularly some visions (many I have had came true), but I am not going through the hostility of attackers to post them.

Anyway, great story and catch with Bob's song. I wanted to say -a year or so ago (could have been longer - I don't remember - so there is no need to be corrected should I say when I think it was) I heard him interviewed on "Dreamland", Whitley Strieber's radio show on his website - unknonwncountry.com

The interview was about Bob's intense interest in UFO's and all things paranormal. In it, Bob mentioned "Hypnotized" and said the part about being in a cafe and "seeing something fly by" happened to him and he had to incorporate it into a song and that's why it is part of "Hypnotized". Now, thanks to you OP, we "now have the rest of the story".

Oh and should anyone not have read the link provided earlier, you mave have missed this part of the interview.

"Since you are into the paranormal like me, who are your favourite authors on the subject ? (i.e. John A. Keel, Stanton Friedman, and Jenny Randles) (Arizona Ranger, Cranford, NJ, USA)

Jaques Vallee, Ingo Swann, Gary Schwartz (the Afterlife Experiments), David R. Hawkins MD (The Eye Of The I), Stephen Greer(Disclosure Project). The ones you mentioned (Freidman etc.) are also good. There are many more...John G White "The Unobstructed Universe" comes to mind. I'm planning to put a list of all the authors I like on my website."

(there are other UFO and paranormal things mentioned within the interview too)

www.fleetwoodmac.net...

There is a book I heard about when the author was interviewed. I don't recall where, perhaps C2C or Dreamland but it is entitled "ALIEN ROCK: THE ROCK 'N' ROLL EXTRATERRESTRIAL CONNECTION" by Michael Luckman. There are many rock and roll people quoted about their experiences in the book and I think Bob was included.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by StillWater

Thanks, Stillwater! The discussion on this thread piqued my curiosity in Bob Welch, so I did some more research. So sad! ...his suicide over his concern that he would be an invalid, and didn't want to be a burden to his wife.
Lately, I find myself listening to "Hypnotized" a couple times a day. What a song!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's been a long time since I have posted. Yet, this thread caught my attention. I could possibly do, some what of an excursion to this spot in the near future. I know the area, and have family around that lives close by.
edit on 2/14/13 by Dracan6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/14/13 by Dracan6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynx

I love the comment about the freshwater jellyfish. Those are very rare, but do exist in NC. I know of another "H2O filled quarry," in the area that has the like...Yet they explain to divers, that they have the only "hole" that the speceis of Cnideria are found.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If anyone try's the area.. they should look for obsidian, of course.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have relitives in South Carolina, going back many generations who came over here from Germany not too long after the Mayflower.

Once when I was young, (1967 or so) we visited one of them. They lived on the middle of the forest. One of the kids, who was my age, said he saw a UFO land in a clearing on the forest. He took me there, and sure enough, there was a small clearing about 100 or so across with no vegitation. He was so convinced he saw something, he had strung a giant net across the area to catch the UFO next time it came back!

I don't know what relation they were to us. We never went back. I do recall they made good iced tea though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join