It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatin' the Debatin' ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have been watching the debates over the last couple of weeks and I am not impressed to say the least. ( I had very high expectations you see
)
Besides the fact that the whole sharade appears weak and scripted, these two guys keep chiming on about the same endless points.

Anyone, absoloutely any person could have got up there and torn Bush into tiny little shreds. Let me elaborate...

G.W -
"Vote republican! We will keep you safe from those evil terrorist killers"

Joe Bloggs -
"*clears throat*...Safe? Over the last few years, putting aside the safety issue for a sec.. not only has this administration put Islamic fundamentalism on the rise by invading Muslim countries, it has sacrificed American lives for more than questionable causes, tortured prisoners of war, held innocent people for years without trial and continued to ignore global warming issues.

This President and vice President claim that the Republican way is the only way to stop your kids are being killed by Islamic terrorists. Yet it was under this administration that the most devistating and preventable terror attack occured in America's history. Since then (following the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq) terror attacks on "soft" targets have increased. Bali, spain, Saudi Arabia, Istanbul, Turkey, Indonesia....I could go on. All these attacks are a direct implication of the foriegn policy that this deceptive government has chosen to go through with.

These events, along with the numerous executions of innocent men, have started happening since this administraion made the descisions is did. The world is safer thanks to them? Tell that the Johnson and Berg families. Explain to those who have lost loved ones in Iraq what they have faught for. Explain to the the Iraqi people why their country is now in ruins.

I also ask the president which connections his administration has the oil and arms industry followed by those who have recieved contracts in Iraq. I also ask the president to explain his corporate donors, and how (like the millions Exxon mobil gave) donations have effected policy like the Keyoto treaty. And while you are at it, tell us how many skull and bonesman are in your team.

And in return for all this what do the people get? Restrictions on civil liberites, policy which goes against the American constitution. So you can say that America is less safe and less free. And the war on terro has creatd a climate of fear and an increase of racism and zenephobia. "

At this point Bush would probably be in tears.

Kerry has passed through on top because anybody with a decent brain could out speak Bush. Yet really these debates mean nothing. Kerry missed his chance to anything and I think Bush will win. I know in the long run that the difference may not be so large if Kerry got in. But please, please before you vote take a good look at all the S*it that these people have gotten America into, and ask yourselves why a record number of people around the world are hating the United States. Why would so many people hate a leader of Freedom. Ask yourself that.

Vote Green or somethin!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I suppose I would have been better of starting a one line thread saying "Bush is gay" or something. Probably would have had a 10 page thread on my hands.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I suppose I would have been better of starting a one line thread saying "Bush is gay" or something. Probably would have had a 10 page thread on my hands.

You're probably right... Anyway, I agree with your initial post as well. To call these events debates is a joke.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well thanks.

Glad you agree.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
they're a joke I agree, they get let off lightly. Why do the Americans not have a show like Question Time? So that these arseholes can be torn apart by the public e.t.c. and shown for what they really are, they never get hard questions and when they do they can basically just ignore them, it's retarded.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
they're a joke I agree, they get let off lightly. Why do the Americans not have a show like Question Time? So that these arseholes can be torn apart by the public e.t.c. and shown for what they really are, they never get hard questions and when they do they can basically just ignore them, it's retarded.

If any none UK people were wondering what Question Time is here's the web site

Question Time

[edit on 23-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You think you got it bad.

The Oz elections here we had the "leaders debate" aired on commercial TV network. One debate. It was promoted as the "worm turns" and the "worm returns", following on from last years efforts.

The studio audience all had these little palm dial boxes so as the debate went they could adjust how they felt about the opponents, and a computer converted it into a running graph. What a load of cobblers.

The final jusgement. The opposition won. Pity they lost the election and gave the Government more seats and control in both houses of the Parliament.

Its the first time since the 70s a sitting governments had control of both houses.....John Howards happy days.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I agree eathtone. I had too high of expetations myself and was sadly disappointed when the candidates opened their mouths. I figured, for once, that they would focus on issues other than WAR and they failed to live up to that expectation. The third debate and a very minor part of the second debate were taken with questions about social and economic issues, but in all I would bet 75% of it was about the War.

Neither candidate lived up to the hype, and frankly both of them came off as blubbering morons that have no plan for America other than to make their wallets more thick.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
I agree eathtone. I had too high of expetations myself and was sadly disappointed when the candidates opened their mouths. I figured, for once, that they would focus on issues other than WAR

Ha! I have to admit my comment of having 'high expectations' was a line served with just a dash of sarcasm Jazzer. Although I was hoping that Kerry would be able to say any of the things I said in my first post of this thread. Anybody could have torn Bush apart because

a) He is a moron

b) Has done so many corrupted things over the last 4 years

However it is also clear that

a) Kerry is a moron

b) He is from the same elite society as Bush.

Sadly the case is that whoever gets in power will probably please those really in power seeing as they are both in the same elite society.

Originally posted by John Nada
Why do the Americans not have a show like Question Time?

Could you imagine! That would make the British question time look like 'lets be friends time!' Like a lamb to slaughter it would be.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Ha! I have to admit my comment of having 'high expectations' was a line served with just a dash of sarcasm Jazzer. Although I was hoping that Kerry would be able to say any of the things I said in my first post of this thread. Anybody could have torn Bush apart because

a) He is a moron

b) Has done so many corrupted things over the last 4 years

However it is also clear that

a) Kerry is a moron

b) He is from the same elite society as Bush.

I agree once again, and yes, I got that small hint of sarcasm in your original post
No matter what happens, as I have always said; one thing is for certain "WE ARE SCREWED!".

PS- I think having Woody Allen as your avatar is quite poignant in many ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The best debater I have ever watched in our federal debates was Ed Broadbent. He didn't use notes, like the other two did, and his answers were instantaneous, thoughtful, and decisive. Of course he came in third in the election...
Ever since Kennedy tore apart Nixon in the first televised presidential debate, maybe the candidates have been trying to lose?
What else could explain how uselessly they all perform?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, what can I say? I'm glad you can make yourself feel all happy and righteous by staging a debate against Bush and posting it on an internet forum. Let me try that... I bet I can TEAR APART Ted Kennedy!!!

Kennedy: "Er um er I am against killing."

Me: "*Clears his throat and showboats.* What about that time you accidentally killed your girlfriend due to drunk driving, then waited forever and called about 50 other people that would protect you before notifying someone? *Beats up some ninjas*"

I'm gonna assume that my debate would go something like that. I'll also assume that Kennedy has no rebuttle, since that seems to be the trend, and I obviously no more about his own life and decisions than him.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No would be more like this...

Ted Kennedy: "Hey At least I didn't get drunk and shoot someone in the face!"

Fox News/Bushbots: "Cheney is God! Don't forget Clinton cheated on his wife!"

Ted Kenndy: "You are still mad that he got more play then your whole party together."

Fox news/Bushbots: "Shut up! Hilary has bigger gonads then Bill!"

Ted Kennedy: "Ann Coulter is the only one in your party with Gonads!"

Kerry: "Now now can't we all just get along?"

Fox News/Bushbot: "Not until Hitler is brought back from the dead and made dictator of America! Finally get rid of all those Kikes and..."

Kerry: "Waaa!!!!"

Ted Kennedy: "Now you've done it, you made Kerry cry, you wouldn't like him when he cries."

The tears keep pouring out more and more until the whole bulding is flooded. Ted Kennedy's fat posterior floats to the surface while the republicans are weighed down by the rocks in their heads and drown.

Ted Kennedy: "Hey, just like when I killed my girlfriend! Do I have to call anyone or can I hide out with Cheney until next weekend?"

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
No would be more like this...

It was a good start, but it was lacking in the department of yourself showing off. That, and self-righteousness.

new topics

top topics

join