It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Rape Victim Shoots, Beheads Attacker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
IF she is telling the truth, I don't have a problem with it.... but is it true?

In Turkey and many other countries a wife could be killed, (stoned if you recall) for committing adultery, what's HIS side of the story? Was he seduced by her, did they have an affair...is she protecting her honor and that of her family while also hopefully avoiding a village stoning?

That is why she is being charged with murder,... examine the evidence to establish proof that what SHE is claiming he did to her ... actually happened. Even so, at least in this country, sexual battery (as the only crime) is only punishable by death if the victim is a child...even then it would require a mountain of evidence along with other extenuating circumstances.

In this case by the OP, if the decapitated man was in fact your brother, or son, and you KNEW of their secret mutual affair, would his punishment be a tad severe?

editby]edit on 8-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

What I find crazy, is the responses here stating she should be punished. If what she claims is true, she should walk free of any crime.

Granted, we don't actually know what happened, but these acts are very rare by women. The repeated shooting, and in the groin, stabbing, and beheading leads me to believe she is telling the truth. It is what I would think someone who was repeatedly raped and finally snapped would do. If she were simply trying to protect herself from village stoning, I don't think she would have gone so far.

Just because the charge for sexual battery is not death, does not mean it shouldn't be death. If rapists were killed in the town square as a norm, there would be less rape victims. Not ideal for sure, and I'm not advocating that, as it's often a he said she said case. But cut and dry cases need more severe punishment than what is currently in place. Violent rapists should never be allowed to mingle with normal society.

Women rarely commit murder, and much less often go so far as beheading without proper cause. While it may be unprovoked, I highly doubt that is the case.

If it were my brother, yes I would want to know the entire story, and would probably not defend her so quickly. But if what she claims is true, he got what he deserved.

edit on 8-9-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Now that is what I call justice.

Good for her, I hope she gets away with it.
I hoped it was the rapists other 'head' they were talking about.I've no objections to her cutting off either of his heads.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Maybe other rapists won't rape women if they know their head will be off as punishment.Maybe the message would hit home with more sex offenders. Personally, one less bad guy in the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The woman's story may be true or it may not. Maybe she was repeatedly raped by this guy over several months and her mind just snapped, or maybe she was having an affair with this guy while her husband was away working and when she couldn't get an abortion because she was too far along in the pregnancy she snapped.

Either way I believe the whole issue comes down to the subject of "honor". In many countries defaming the family honor results in death for the female whether she was raped OR had an affair. I don't know the particular customs of where this woman resides but there is a good chance that she would be either killed or exiled as a result of rape or extramarital sex. In such cases where lenience is shown and the female is exiled she might as well be dead as far as the community is concerned and wouldn't be able to live safely or acquire employment so as to support herself.

The whole situation would be enough to cause a weaker mind to break. I am not excusing her actions, but I can try to understand what it is like to be in her position.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
She got pregnant. Then she couldn't have been raped. I thought that's how it worked???

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Swills

What is that supposed to confirm? No one knows if she was schizophrenic or killed the guy for other reasons.

She probably was raped, I'm just not going to jump to conclusions without evidence.

edit on 7-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I agree, just because someone goes to such extremes automatically proves she was raped? Who's to say she wasn't having an affair, then no longer wished to continue, then the guy told her she had to, otherwise he would show her husband the pictures, thus making her snap because she doesn't want anyone "playing" with her honor.

No one knows if she really was "raped" because we were not there, and it's her word against the guy she decapitated.

I am not defending the guy or anything like that, just wondering how everyone can just jump to a conclusion and say she did good.

(I have a feeling this is not gonna be a very popular post)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Hell hath no fury, and all that jazz. Seems like a real 70s revenge exploitation flick type scenario. Anyone else see I Spit On Your Grave? Revenge makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I saw "I Spit On Your Grave," both versions, the 1970's VHS when it came out and the 2000 series DVD remake. The first one is much better IMHO. This story seems something even crazier, like from an Evil Dead series of movies since it is a bit of overkill, literally. She might be able to blame it on PTSD coupled with the recent and ongoing trauma. You never know until you do...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
One who takes the Law unto themselves to kill in a vengeance (for the sake of pride in upholding 'honour' and NOT for the sake of defence) will be at risk of being Rightfully Judged as a murderer in breach of Holy Commandment. As atrocious as the acts against her were (if indeed reported accurately), we have been Instructed to leave all judgement and wrath to the Righteous Creator in a Trust in His Redemption and with an adherence to the Holy Covenant, keeping our garments clean.

Romans 12:17–20
17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." 20
edit on 8-9-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
One who takes the Law unto themselves to kill in a vengeance (for the sake of pride in upholding 'honour' and NOT for the sake of defence) will be at risk of being Rightfully Judged as a murderer in breach of Holy Commandment. As atrocious as the acts against her were (if indeed reported accurately), we have been Instructed to leave all judgement and wrath to the Righteous Creator in a Trust in His Redemption and with an adherence to the Holy Covenant, keeping our garments clean.

Romans 12:17–20
17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." 20

Yeah, yeah....I'm christian too, but imagine if that happens to your daughter, your sister, wife or your mother.

About "vengeance is mine....", who knows if she was the instrument of God.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yeah, yeah....I'm christian too, but imagine if that happens to your daughter, your sister, wife or your mother. About "vengeance is mine....", who knows if she was the instrument of God.

Any person that could condone murder is no follower of Christ teachings, nor His example in sacrifice for the children of the world.

I was expecting exactly that type of reply and I would still know my Holy Directive of 'thou shall not murder' and surely would be aware of the spiritual dangers beyond the flesh in a violation (as horrendous as such a testing would be, Kingdom forbid). We are not to make ourselves the instruments of justice when it comes to elevating our status to the seat of Judges over life and death--murder is simply a disgraceful act.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The larger issue here is the cultural deficiency of Islamic countries relating to treatment of women.

The UK Daily Mail is reporting that the Muslim Brotherhood has passed a law granting husbands permission to have sex with their wives up to six hours after the wife has died.
link

Turkey is liberal in the Islamic world.

* Women are inferior to men, and must be ruled by them: "Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other" (K 4:34)

* The Koran likens a woman to a field (tilth), to be used by a man as he wills: "Your women are a tilth for you to cultivate so go to your tilth as ye will" (K 2:223) This verse "sanctifies" marital rape. When a husband wants sex, his wife must submit to it or else she is judged to be "disobedient" and subject to punishment. See the remainder of verse 4:34 below for that. Using the Koran's analogy, a Muslim husband can "plow" his wife anytime he wants to, and she can't say "no."

"Good women are obedient. ... As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them." (K 4: 34)

Then there is the matter of female circumcision (cutting out the clitoris).

link

To be fair,

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3) "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:24-25)

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (I Corinthians 14:34-35)

"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." (Leviticus 21:9)

The difference of course, is that Christian nations tend not to be theocracies or otherwise susceptible to justify heinous crime with scripture in the mainstream. This qualifier applies to very recent society only, because many historical crimes committed in America were justified by religion and accepted by many, namely the KKK.
edit on 9/8/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

It could even be argued that scripture based crime continues in the West at international levels and centers around the national of Israel and initiating the rapture.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Everyone is avoiding the elephant in the room. The Muslim culture, which left this woman with no other recourse. At least 2 men would have had to witness the rapes (like a rapist does it where people can see). Even if 2 men witnessed it, she still risked stoning by Shariah law for "enticing" him with the eyes peering out from the burka.

The Shariah compliant lifestyle leaves women no choice but to take justice into their own hands. When she could not get an abortion and avoid exposing the multiple rapes, she knew death was headed her way no matter what she did or did not do.

In that situation, she could have either laid down for the stoning, or get revenge and justice the only way available to her.

In the 1970's and early 80's our own country that still viewed woman as property and therefore domestic abuse was ignored we saw many men killed in their homes by wives who had become little more than cornered cats. In a basically Islamic country, Muslim men say women are pampered kitties, but obviously cornered cats is probably more likely.

As a retired social science professor I'd conclude from the way she committed the acts, he did exactly what she accused him of. She was looking at death for herself no matter what and became a cornered frightened and angry tiger.

Will she die for what she did, probably and she probably expects and expected it. Will this be a beacon of hope for other women, absolutely, if you could kill your torturer before you are executed, wouldn't you. This lets other women know, they are not completely powerless.

I bet more of this happens in Islamic countries than we hear about.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

The Bible is meant to be discerned via the Holy Spirit for there is the Authority of our Creator within it and also the corrupted authority of man.

Our embodied conscience Helpfully though speaks of that which is not in the Good Spirit regarding thoughts and deed, for we are Made in the Image from Inception. Evils can never be deemed Good, no matter how one may try in the 'mind and flesh' (void of Graces surrendered in sinful rebellions) to justify them.

Same is true for the Koran, no?

Requires careful discernment also, with many truths and illusions within the ying and yang law of opposition structure on this earth realm.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Well said.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

The Shariah compliant lifestyle leaves women no choice but to take justice into their own hands. When she could not get an abortion and avoid exposing the multiple rapes, she knew death was headed her way no matter what she did or did not do.

There is always a choice of will and those beings who care more about the state of their own flesh more than the state of their souls are in danger of snaring by the worldly powers and principalities at the top of the earthly pyramid (whom have in deed manipulated 'religious' system movements worldwide). Rebellion is rebellion however, no matter how unfair circumstances can appear in a worldly testing. We are still Called to overcome the world by overcoming the many fears and desires of the flesh that often ignores the Counsel of Spirit within, following our own standards of 'justified' behavior.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

The Bible is meant to be discerned via the Holy Spirit for there is the Authority of our Creator within it and also the corrupted authority of man. Our conscience Helpfully often speaks of that which is not in the Good Spirit regarding thoughts and deed, for we are Made in the Image from Inception. Evils can never be deemed Good, no matter how one may try in the 'mind and flesh' (void of Graces surrendered in sinful rebellions) to justify them.

Islams holy book has a lot of good stuff in it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Originally posted by XquizitBut I think she did go a little too far with everything else.

One could also say that her attacker went too far when he, ya know, raped her.

When have you ever known a horny man to think when he is hankering for some poon? He brutalized her, she returned the favor 1000 fold. Makes that old saying "hell hath no fury like the scorn of a woman" even more valid. Not saying i blame her either, most of the world has moved beyond women having no rights and being only property and treated worse than a dog, sometimes traded for a couple of mules and a sack of grain seed. This poor fool was dead the day he decided to rape her and he had it coming. My one hope is the woman doesn't blame the baby and hate it. Children born of rapes are every bit as much of a victim as the mother is, being deprived of being able to have 2 loving parents and then forced on a mother who did not want it to begin with.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by PrimeLight

The Bible is meant to be discerned via the Holy Spirit for there is the Authority of our Creator within it and also the corrupted authority of man. Our conscience Helpfully often speaks of that which is not in the Good Spirit regarding thoughts and deed, for we are Made in the Image from Inception. Evils can never be deemed Good, no matter how one may try in the 'mind and flesh' (void of Graces surrendered in sinful rebellions) to justify them.

Islams holy book has a lot of good stuff in it.

Like where Muhammad gets poisoned by the jewish woman he raped and enslaved, and then his Allah fails to inform him of the poisoned meat the jewish woman fed him which ended up killing him later. Kind of poetic justice, or irony. Maybe both. Maybe this woman who shot her rapists genitalia and then beheaded him came from her lineage?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
reply to post by Trueman

Yeah, yeah....I'm christian too, but imagine if that happens to your daughter, your sister, wife or your mother. About "vengeance is mine....", who knows if she was the instrument of God.

Any person that could condone murder is no follower of Christ teachings, nor His example in sacrifice for the children of the world.

Tell that to the Catholic Church.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Any bets on whether Hellywood makes a movie out of it?
edit on 8-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join