It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom Calender...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hello all

I've been thinking...and yes it hurt a little!

Anyway, I was wondering if we could/should setup a "Doom Calender" here on ATS so that we could all keep track of the Doom predictions?

Thoughts?

Rev

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Thats an interesting idea. You could place countdown clocks for each prediction within the page its kept on too!
Top brainwave!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Excellent idea!
I have no idea how to do it, but someone should get started on it right away.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Great Idea, though I'm not smart enough to do it. I bet someone on here can though.

SnF

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
BWAHAHHAHAHA I love it.... Doom Calendar...

That way we can plan the Doom Free Party Days when all of these predictions don't come true...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The prediction days are always wrong.

Just think there is a doom event for every day and the world will be assured survival.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The prediction days are always wrong.

Just think there is a doom event for every day and the world will be assured survival.

Don't you think it would be interesting to see all the Doom written down in one place though? Maybe we could use the data to track "Doom Trends" and get a better idea of how our community ticks, from a Doom perspective.

Rev

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
you could also put an "excuse" calendar along-side it to keep track of when the person who made the claim, backtracked on it

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Haha!! I love it!
It would be interesting to see which days or time periods were most doom laden, and why. Might be interesting to map the original sources too.

I think that we can't help but invent doom for ourselves. We need it to survive, as it helps us prepare for any eventuality that might head our way. We are a smart species...allegedly
...and we have a tendency to try and organise. So therefore, it makes sense that we should try and organise all the doom we've summoned up!

If I can help in any way, lemme know.

Cx

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I honestly don't think most of the doom prophets actually believe. It is something to post and watch people argue over.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
you could also put an "excuse" calendar along-side it to keep track of when the person who made the claim, backtracked on it

I do like the sound of that! The community has some awesome ideas. This is one of the reasons I've made ATS my home.

Rev

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That would be very interesting. All the religious "prophets" can set their end date, along with all the "channeling aliens" crowd. I will bet you won't get many firm "do or die" dates though. After all, they need to keep the money flowing.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I will bet you won't get many firm "do or die" dates though.

This could only be a good thing IMHO because it could help to improve the quality of the predictions.

Rev

edit on 7/9/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

-Or-

It would further encourage your basic goofs looking for attention to come up with some nonsense so they could have the unique satisfaction of seeing their personal nincompoopery listed on the calendar.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

-Or-

It would further encourage your basic goofs looking for attention to come up with some nonsense so they could have the unique satisfaction of seeing their personal nincompoopery listed on the calendar.

Nincompoopery was the name of my band in college.

I would have to agree, however. Why provide a larger platform for the doomies?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It'd be fun. Give everyone one prediction so it doesn't turn into a lottery or something. Indicate known doomdates like the mayan or time wave zero stuff etc... I don't keep up w the doom/prediction stuff so someone would know better.

It's be fun to read some of the joke predictions too!
edit on 7-9-2012 by Pipebomb24875 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

-Or-

This is why it would have to be moderated, like everything else on the site. Also, it would help us keep an eye on the shills and the aforementioned nincompoops.

Things like this become what we make them and as such would require vigilance to ensure that the content was always of good quality.

Rev

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Add it to the other 100 doom predictions

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

Or maybe we could have a 3 strikes rule, where after the 3rd prediction that goes nowhere you get banned from submitting Doom for the Calender for a month or something like that.

Rev

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
"Doomsday Calendar? There's an App for that!"

Seriously, there is:

The Doomsday App will keep you informed of all your pre-Armageddon related events. Just run the Doomsday App and it will download all the greatest and latest doomsday dates to your mobile device, allowing you to browse each event for information such as event date, countdown, background on the event and any related events that may come to pass.

Doomsday App for Android

Or, if you want to only go by the Mayan Calendar only, there is an app for it too:

iPhone Mayan Calendar Countdown App

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join