It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List your favorite scary places here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So once agian the halloween season is upon us. The time of year whem peoples minds turn more towards the things of the spooky or supernatural. I know there are many people out there who like a good scare during this time of year so I thought it would be cool to create a thread that ATS members can all post their favorite haunted attractions on and share with other members who may not be fortunate enough to know about them. So I ask that you take the time to list your favorites or some that you may know about. Please respond with the following

Name of attraction

city and state at least. actual address if you have it would also be helpful

Type of attraction:
Is it a real bonified haunted house or area? Or is it just a set up attraction for the Halloween season?

What does it offer? (if a halloween attraction)
Does it have one attraction or multiple? is it just for hardcore scare fans or can you take your feint of heart friends with you and let them hang out in a "safe" place haha

Info or history:
any info or history you may know about the place or attraction

YOUR REVIEW!
share your personal experiences or write a review and tell us a little bit about why you like them is it your
favorite or just somethin you know about?

If it has a website attached to it please be so kind as to include a link in the post.

Thanks in advance to all those who will contribute

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Pismo Beach, California.

I know many will be surprised, but the sight linked can't do it justice.

The place has a palpable haze of bad weirdness that can be felt before you get there and clings to you after you've left.

And for a place to visit there is always Halloween at Hearst Castle which also has a reputation for being haunted.

X.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thanks for posting I knew there was a lot of weirdness goin on in the pismo area but havent really heard much about hurst castle hauntings awesome stuff. And thanks for the websites.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have an app on my ipod, it was recommended by another user. It's called Haunted Sights and you type in a zip code and it brings up the nearest supposedly haunted places. If you'll give me zip codes or the names (city, state) of a place you are thinking of visiting, I'll be happy to plug it in and report.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My mother in-law's house....

My little town is not big enough to have a website for where we normally go. A guy sets up an awesome outdoor/woods haunted tour on his farm every year here. He actually has tunnels dug where you have to crawl through pipes underground in the pitch black at times. It is super fun to watch everyone get freaked out. Something about it being way out in the woods gives it that "Deliverance/Make You Squeal Like A Pig" feeling.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
USA, Connecticut, Dudleytown or Dudleyville
udleytown (also know as Dudleyville or Dudley Town) is a deserted village in the woods of Cornwall, Connecticut. Residents of the town from the mid-1700's to the early-1800's fell victim to its "curse". The town could be haunted or it's residents may have only had a streak of bad luck. There are records of unusual and violent deaths, suicides, and hardships.

Some visitors to the site have claimed that the area is an eerie "dead zone". Reportedly there are few animals in the woods and one hears almost no birds singing. This may suggest that Dudleytown is some sort of vortex, possibly an evil one.

In an August 1993 interview in Playboy magazine, "Ghostbuster" Dan Akroyd called Dudleytown " . . . The most haunted place on earth."
I have been there ,Very Spookie!
unsolvedmysteries.com...

www.damnedct.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I wonder if Stephen King's novel Jerusalems Lot? Was based on this place....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here's one of them. New Orleans is chock-full of creepy. It's just a block off of Bourbon Street but it's always quiet. (or not)

The Sultans Palace

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I wonder if Stephen King's novel Jerusalems Lot? Was based on this place....

It could be Mr. King lived in Connecticut for many years, his book Night Shift, a book of short stories were all about towns here.
It was creepy reading cause I recognized places and streets!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I think this place has been mentioned on another of my threads but thanks for shareing. I always enjoy reading of such things.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JROCK2527

Fairfield Hills State Hospital

Type of attraction:
a 16 building campus with 3 still functioning by the town of newtown so you need to be careful to not get any trespassing charges because the cops in newtown are total dicks... but the buildings that the patients were held in are abandoned and have open doors for easy access inside

Info or history:
The buildings are deteriorating so you need to be careful when you are inside expecially if its dark out, but they are huge and beautiful, stepping inside your transported back to when the buildings were functioning.

YOUR REVIEW!
I went inside a couple months ago and I always wanted to. The campus itself gives off such an eerie vibe that will stick with you for the rest of the day. Once you find an open door you enter and see the deterioration in the stairwell. Each floor looks reletively the same but then again I only entered one building. But when your inside its easy to get lost and it gives you a trapped feeling that the patients must have once felt. You can still feel the vibes and pain of those who were once trapped there.

If You want more information on this Haunted Hot spot visit

new topics

top topics

join