It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time ever!! American lobster caught in Tokyo Bay-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Mods feel free to move. This is the first time that an american lobster has been caught in Tokyo Bay. As the article states, there is concern for the eco-system there. I just cant believe the distance he traveled!! There is also the possibilty that someone had placed it there intentionally. Either way interesting none the less.

YOKOHAMA — An American lobster, chiefly found along the upper Atlantic coast of North America, was caught in Tokyo Bay, a fisheries research center said Thursday, calling it the first such catch.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

The researcher expressed concern that the ecosystem of Tokyo Bay could be affected, as the American lobster, or Homarus americanus, is an alien species that would have few natural enemies there.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I believe he was placed there. There is no way possible that he could have made it there naturally. Now, I wonder the intent on doing this? It is also a possibility that he was transported there on accident, but why would they import lobster there just to release it in the bay?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Clearly the lobsters didnt get the radio transmission that the invasion of Tokyo was called off after bombing of Hiroshima.

Maybe they are attracted to radiation?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Call that payback for all the radiation they're sending over from their piece of crap nuclear reactor. Unlike the mutant fish over there, at least OUR lobsters are edible.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Damn... even the Lobsters are leaving the US. I think this is some sort of sign or something.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
They import a lot of lobster from America and Canada as well. They have huge holding tanks on the ocean in fish markets.

Very easily could have been a prankster, environmentalist doing a good deed or just a poor little guy got out somehow and ended up where he wasn't supposed to.

My thoughts anyways,

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

The researcher expressed concern that the ecosystem of Tokyo Bay could be affected, as the American lobster, or Homarus americanus, is an alien species that would have few natural enemies there.

What are they complaining about?
The price of lobster will go down and they can enjoy lobster everyday with the numbers increasing

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Pretty sure that since american main lobster is the best in the world that the high end japanese restaurants/hotels stock live ones. Bet someone just let a bunch of them loose in the harbor and they are there hanging out doing their lobster thing.

new topics

top topics

join