It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mount Fuji About To Blow?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The pressure in Mount Fuji's magma chamber is now higher than it was in 1707, the last time the nearly 4,000-metre-high Japanese volcano erupted, causing volcanologists to speculate that a disaster is imminent.

www.wired.co.uk...

Is this the final warning sign that points to a massive eruption? With Tokyo only 100KM and Kanagawa, Yamanashi and Shizuoka in direct danger who knows what damage and loss of life this will cause?

The new readings, taken by the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, reveal that the pressure is at 1.6 megapascals, nearly 16 times the 0.1 megapascals it takes to trigger an eruption.

Japan certainly has had its fair share of disasters recently; another one may just push the nation to the brink?

Whilst I agree that disaster planning and test run evacuations by 2013 are a good idea – I am also of the opinion that it may be too late and they should be preparing now.

I also understand that whilst these reading indicate the chamber is currently under immense pressure, it is still anyone’s guess when it will blow...... it could be today or it could be next year, but it does not look good whatever way you wish to look at it.

Thoughts ATS Members?

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ya beat me to it.....lol....well done

I wish we could see what's going on under the crust...at Mt. Fuji AND all over the planet.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Damn, I hope this is nothing... Japan needs a little good to go their way, I really hope these are false readings or something (even though Im sure they're not).... Well, if its about to blow, I hope the local residents are taking the necessary precautions getting out of the area...

I'll say a prayer for the people, and hopefully nothing comes from this...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Let's see how close this guy gets it...and let's hope he is wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks op.... Hadn't heard about this, but will keep my eyes and ears open.

The earth is speaking her mind!!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Dang, where did he get his information from, do you know?

Hoping the very best outcome for the Japanese people.

Yellowstone had a good size quake yesterday.... We all need prayers!!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here's links to some live cams - a bit cloudy right now.

www.fujigoko.tv...

www.goandroam.com...

www3.shizuokanet.ne.jp...
edit on 6-9-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

From God apparently.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It is funny, I noticed your location when I read your reply to this thread. When I first started acknowledging my creator I said a prayer offering to stand in the Gap. In hindsight maybe not such a good idea, I wouldn't recommend it. All things considered though, I would offer up the same prayer again, and come to think of it I have never rescinded my offer.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Haha, I live in Saskatchewan, which is considered the gap between Alberta and Manitoba. I never heard about your gap though.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Here's links to some live cams - a bit cloudy right now.

www.fujigoko.tv...

www3.shizuokanet.ne.jp...
edit on 6-9-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Thanks, I was just looking them up to add, cheers mate!

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wow, something to keep an eye on!
Star and flag for ya

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, you managed to get my attention, and I promised myself to stay away from new Japan threads. Do you know of any models showing how far an eruption would reach? This is making for a depressing end to a fabulous day. I'm headed back to Iwaki, Fukushima next week. Now, I'm thinking of all my friends and family, in Japan, and feeling worried.

I guess the natural thing, for me to do, is to scour the net for any information, and try piece an opinion together.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Well, you managed to get my attention, and I promised myself to stay away from new Japan threads. Do you know of any models showing how far an eruption would reach? This is making for a depressing end to a fabulous day. I'm headed back to Iwaki, Fukushima next week. Now, I'm thinking of all my friends and family, in Japan, and feeling worried.

I guess the natural thing, for me to do, is to scour the net for any information, and try piece an opinion together.

Tokyo would basically be okay but could experience significant ash fall, but it would not be destroyed. Traffic by air would be shut down, work would come to a halt, definitely elderly and those with breathing problems could die, you'd have to wear masks for a time, the ash levels would make clean up a real nightmare but it's not in range of anything that would wipe out the city.

Now a major quake along the Nankai trough which is what everyone in Japan is talking about atm... that would be bad

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I wonder if China built all those empty cities in the middle of nowhere so the Japanese could eventually move in? Either because Japan is radioactive, is about to explode and might just sink too.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elentarri
I wonder if China built all those empty cities in the middle of nowhere so the Japanese could eventually move in? Either because Japan is radioactive, is about to explode and might just sink too.

I highly doubt it.

Honestly in many ways given a little more time Japan might work out to be one of the safer places to be if the Earth were to seriously experience major upheaval.

They are being very serious about safeguards these days, the biggest threat as I said above is of a triple quake along the Nankai Trough which would affect almost the whole Eastern coast of Japan, the Nuclear reactor "Hamaoka" which would be under threat from such an event which could kill by Tsunami as many as 400,000 people at once has been fitted with water tight doors, the backup power was raised something like 120 meters above sea level I think...

Just this week I think it was I know there was a test in Osaka of an e-mail alert Earthquake system, the buildings are built the best in the world to resist Earthquakes, many nuke plants will never re open they will end up among the first in the world to eliminate nuclear power now before all is said and done...

Compare that to... California, or worse those living along the New Madrid who have ZERO perpetration for disaster

Very scary stuff... if the Earth starts shaking it's fault lines... I'd at this point or soon... would rather be there than in the states with dozens of old rust bucket reactors, The worst possible scenario it seems for japan is 400,000 people... The New Madrid goes the toll could be Millions

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Intresting to note ...I believe the Japanese language is absent on the georgia guidestones. Forseeable future?

I could be wrong on the above but I pretty sure Ive read as much.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunchmanstan

Intresting to note ...I believe the Japanese language is absent on the georgia guidestones. Forseeable future?

I was thinking about that before. I was imagining a near future where Japan was taught about in schools. The extinct land called Nippon.

Obviously the language will never die. The land may sink, explode, irradiate itself to the core of the earth, but the Japanese people will just all come over to Australia. Language is a precious thing, it evolves without intention, it's like a fluid that fills every space. Even if it's just on a "Lets Learn Japanese" CD, it will be kept.

Ha like the Lex from The Time Machine (2002) people will know about it, some may speak it, but it will be mostly remembered as the language of the lost land.

And then I read another thread about Norway and Muslims demanding a separate sharia section...

What a world we have to look forward to.

Japan is the new Atlantis, and 95% of the world is a caliphate.

Makes smelling the flowers in the park seem rather pointless really..
edit on 7-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

Oh spinners.. lol I just had to check the word Lex from the time machine to make sure I was getting it right, and I see this attribution to the movie..

Who composed the music in "The Time Machine"?

Russell Garcia. Some of Russell Garcia's other film scores include "Atlantis, the Lost Continent" (1961), "The Pad and How to Use It" (1966), and "Three Guns for Texas" (1968).

Now I'm going to stop thinking in case I cause WW3.

edit on 7-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
With Tokyo only 100KM and Kanagawa, Yamanashi and Shizuoka in direct danger ..

I lived in Kanagawa prefecture from 1983-1986. Waaaaaaaay back then, everyone thought Mt. Fuji was going to erupt 'any day'. It never happened. We had big earthquakes and lots of volcano pressure and some tidal waves and some typhoons .. but Mt. Fuji never erupted. (you could see the summit from my home .. it was VERY impressive).

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunchmanstan

Wow, that escalated quickly..... (the extermination of the Japanese race?)

Lets try not to jump to those conclusions, thanks for playing.

Mickierocksman

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join