It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hearing voices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
hello fellow ats readers i thought id share this experience with you all and see what you think of it.
Before i do i want to say nobody was around and it wasnt in my head............So about 6wks ago i was at home on a sunday alone no tv on walked from the bedroom to the livingroom as i sat down i heard my name called it was faint and stretched to give a written egsample it would look like this mellllllll vinnnnn, my names melvin sure you guessed that it was like a lost child hearing its pairents calling from a far, as soon as i heard this i jumped up looked out the window but nobody was around no cars no people was just really quiet, so thought to myself that was odd and carried on with my day.
I should mention it was a male voice as well. The next day i was pottering around the house doing some basic tidying up in the bedroom when i heard my name called again same manorism as the previous day my name stretched out and faint but this time it was a female voice, once was odd but twice, one day after the other i cant help but think thats more than a coincodence.
It has been about 6 weeks now and iv not heard this again, theres so many possiblitys of what this could have been ghost related being at the top id say. I want to point out i i dont do drugs, im not on any medication as for the most part im same lol, wasnt asleep or drunk, it was simply strange, anyone else experienced this and want to try and shed some light on this experience?
edit on 5-9-2012 by melvin2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by melvin2012

Aaaaand... its another wall of letters. Seriously, I couldn't bring me to read your text, sorry. Could you PLEASE use the "ENTER"-Key about every minute?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Look no further:

www.scribd.com...

I'm serious too!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
will do sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've started hearing voices myself OP, but that's because I'm mental and hearing voices is actually part of the logical progression in my condition. So many people look to ghosts and the like as their first port of call when they start hearing voices, but sadly such things are usually caused by mental health issues; even in those who currently haven't been diagnosed.

If it doesn't happen again, then it was probably your mind playing tricks on you by misinterpreting the sounds that were around you at the time. If it does happen again, do yourself and your loved ones a favour and go see a Doctor, because mental health issues that are not addressed can destroy families. Take it from someone who has been there.

Be well.

Rev

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Don't apologise to him! LOL

Its not like it was 3 pages worth!

Check my link, have you seen any strange vans around lately?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You can't be sure it's not in your head, you wouldn't be able to tell.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Many times I have been awakened by my husband breathing my name into my ear. I can feel his lips and his hot breath. But when I open my eyes he isn't there, and I realize that he is out of town.

Other times I hear a little girl's voice calling "Mommy" from the back room of the house. My kids are grown, moved out, and there aren't any little kids living close by (also, grandkid not here at the time).

I don't do drugs and don't have any mental conditions, so I'm not sure if it's just my imagination or something other-worldly. I just ignore it and go on about my business.

Just wanted to let you know you're not nuts, but I can't offer you a "logical" explaination.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ghosts, demons....shadow people...all figments of your imagination.

Before mental conditions were understood many "mental" people would claim to hear voices, see things that werent there. Conditions like Schizophrenia and make people hear things in their head, though they will tell you its not in their head and is real.

Too many logical explanations to jump to such unfounded conclusions.

Your mind is a powerful thing, sometimes signals get crossed, or you have an information overload. Remember only 1% of what you view is in focus, this is why people see things in the corner of their vision, lots of information pouring in and not enough capacity to decipher it.

Go to the docs if it continues, or the voices tell you to do things.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Perhaps you were being used as an experiment.

(Voice to Skull)...link: mindcontrol.twoday.net...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
NO Sinny iv no noticed any vans that stand out i know why you would ask that to be honest not sure why anyone would bother using that kinda tech on me lol, and thanks for all comments so far they are all helpful

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You are not mad
I have experienced this too
There could be several explanations - some already suggested here.

Think about this - Have you ever caught yourself talking to yourself - Perhaps going over certain events of the day.

Sometimes you can hear a distinct voice. I remember waking from a vivid dream. A very clear and distinct female voice said to me "You only see what you want to see" I had not understood what had been shown to me in other words.

This is nothing to be afraid of - We each have an inner voice that is often drowned out by distraction.
Sometimes it is asking us to pay attention

Now I am not talking about a Psychopathic condition or similar as this is quite different.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Does this tie in with your other thread you posted today, on seeing shadow people?

Des

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
get use to it mate!!!! i've had to!
when i hear my name,its more of a whisper,soft and short. "SHAWN"!
thats all it says,just my name.
funny thing is,my ex-girlfriend would hear it occasionally as well,but i wouldn't!
sometimes i hear it in the wind,but that can be explained away of coarse.
but when all is quiet,and you hear it like someone is there,well!!!!
its even more creepy when your asleep and hear it,and wake up to no one there! (insert the cold sweats here!)
i've learned to live with it,nothing dramatic has happened whenever i heard it (no premonitions or anything)
i just hear my name.
and its not in my head,its external! this is a fact!
i can conjure up all kinds of voices in my head,thats easy! (and they don't like you!!! --- just kidding!!! :roll

don't know what to tell you,i don't know what it all means!

i just deal with it!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Dude, it's 2 paragraphs of text. You must be joking if you cannot read that.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
des, im not sure what to tell you except that thought has crossed my mind as well, glad to see you read my other post too im not the sort of person who normally sees or hears anything unusual so seeing the shadow person-ghost then hearing my name called hard not to think they may be linked

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by melvin2012
des, im not sure what to tell you except that thought has crossed my mind as well, glad to see you read my other post too im not the sort of person who normally sees or hears anything unusual so seeing the shadow person-ghost then hearing my name called hard not to think they may be linked

Well...they could be connected. Have you had a close friend or relative pass recently?

Des

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by melvin2012
NO Sinny iv no noticed any vans that stand out i know why you would ask that to be honest not sure why anyone would bother using that kinda tech on me lol, and thanks for all comments so far they are all helpful

Well, you never know! aha.

They've got to use it on some one? no?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
to make a long story short im 36 untill 5 years ago i didnt know anything about my real father i have had a step father all my life. in 2009 i met him, his family, still friends with his son, but unfortunatly he died a few years later of kidney probs and the hospital neglegence hes been gone about a year and a half now, so its possible it is him and he stayed here to keep an eye on his newly found son ie me, iv had paranormal stuff happen a pic falls off the wall just the one,.

i have had wierd stuff like that happen for around 6yrs tho started in my place of residence i was going to sleep when something pressed down hard on the bottem of my bed felt like a fist thump the bed, iv moved residence now living with my otherhalf before my father died iv had tapping on the wall in the livingroom where i now live, only happened one night, and a even tho id tell someone else it could be many things it felt like someone wanted my attention,

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I hear voices all the time....after a bottle of Jamenson.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join