It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official! Ron Paul is the Nominee!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wah wah wah....

You wish, I wish, we all wish.

Isn't it great living in the middle of this game called life?

Let's chit chat about it.

This fantasy where you get to eat poison and watch tv and then every four years you get to "choose" a leader.
So cool our world today.
We are so so lucky, yeah!!!

Wake up! We are sheep waiting around to die, but not before they milk us for all of our money along he way.

General chit chat
edit on 4-9-2012 by TimesUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

No. Ron Paul would take the country back to the industrial revolution days. Not to mention he was bankrolled by a bilderberg steering committee member that pretends to be a libertarian.

No regulation on corps or banks......yeahhhhh that's what this country desperately does not need.

edit on 4-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

So ya, the only candidate that isn't going to lie to our faces and then stick it to us behind ur backs, just decided not to run 3rd party..........speaking of parties.........this one is over

Very sad day indeed, I would go get drunk if I had any money to buy some beer.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You may have your candidates mixed up.

I can only think of one guy that wants everyone dependant on someone other than themselves.
Hint: He is in the "White House"

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp

Feudalism doesnt work. The forefathers gave us a living document with broad strokes to running a nation.
edit on 4-9-2012 by underduck because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Where did I say anything about dependency?

But since you brought it up.......

RP wants everyone to be dependent on markets, regardless if it would be horrible for the environment, economy, or workers.

Child labor laws, who cares!? It's all about the liberties and the freedoms...
Unregulated derivatives, who cares!? They have the power to destroy whole economies..but freedom man freedom....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

No regulation on corps or banks......yeahhhhh that's what this country desperately does not need.

I think you are a bit confused about something here. Sure, Ron Paul wants a free market with less regulations and less taxes, but that does not extend into the dismantlement of regulations which prevent fraud and deceptive financial activity. In fact Ron Paul is one of the only politicians pushing for more oversight and regulation within the Federal Reserve, so you're statement above really holds no water. His economic policies are based on logical reasons of creating more jobs and making it easier to operate a business. The Government seems to have an ultra-tight grip on the average business owner yet they let large private banks like the Federal Reserve dictate monetary policy for an entire nation with essentially no real oversight or regulation. Perhaps Ron Paul simply wanted to shift some of the pressure onto those who really need to be regulated and those who are really behind these economic meltdowns in the first place.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think you are a bit confused about something here. Sure, Ron Paul wants a free market with less regulations and less taxes, but that does not extend into the dismantlement of regulations which prevent fraud and deceptive financial activity

You're talking about crime, like active crime. There is already laws against fraud and things like that, that apply to everyone, not just corporations.. I'm talking about regulations that target at a certain industries.

And straight from Ron Pauls mouth;

Ron Paul: Why More Regulation Makes Things Worse

Since the bailout bill passed, I have been frequently disturbed to hear “experts” wrongly blaming the free market for our recent economic problems and calling for more regulation. In fact, further regulation can only make things worse.

www.ronpaul.com...

Regulation is OSHA mandating employers that have workers dealing with acid to wear protective gear. Mandating child labor laws, minimum wage, what full time employment is, corporations cannot dump toxic sludge in a river etc. RP is against all that.

In fact Ron Paul is one of the only politicians pushing for more oversight and regulation within the Federal Reserve, so you're statement above really holds no water.

He wants to get rid of the federal reserve, not regulate it... Auditing isn't regulation...that's just government transparency.

I don't think you know Ron Pauls views very well....most of his supporters don't. (hence why people starred your post)

Pay attention to what he says..."we're against mandates"....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I'm talking about regulations that are targetted at a certain industry that benefits communities.

Oh you mean like regulations and laws which demand more accountability and oversight for large financial institutions who are at the core of world finance.

And straight from Ron Pauls mouth;

Ron Paul: Why More Regulation Makes Things Worse

Once again if you take the time to read that article he is saying that excessive regulations harm average business owners. However, obviously I agree that there should be more regulations around the derivatives market and the trading of toxic assets and all those other risky gambling practices these institutions take part in. Although Ron Paul probably is right, more regulations in those specific areas probably wouldn't have stopped them from finding loopholes and legal way to do it.

But it's not like Ron Paul is going to reduce regulations in those specific areas, he may do nothing to make them stronger, but he's certainly not going to make it easier for them. Make no mistake his focus will be on making it easier for the average business owners to conduct business. You're a fool if you think he's some sort of bought out puppet set to serve the bankers and corps... it's more than clear at this point. It's not like Ron Paul is perfect, we all know that, he has many flaws, as do we all.

He wants to get rid of the federal reserve, not regulate it... Auditing isn't regulation...that's just government transparency.

If you yourself actually listened to anything Ron Paul says, you would know his mission isn't actually to "End the Fed". That is a common misconception. Time and time again, he has said that he wants to give the Federal Reserve competition, he wants to take from them that monopoly they have on money issuance and allow competing legal tenders to circulate in the economy. Multiple times he has stated that simply ending the Fed by shutting it down will cause too many problems and disturbances. His real plan is to let the Federal Reserve die naturally via competition with a stronger currency using sound money principles.

A good explanation by Ron Paul can be watched here.

I don't think you know Ron Pauls views very well....most of his supporters don't. (hence why people starred your post)

You are clearly the one amongst us who fails to properly understand Ron Paul's policies. Your sensationalist misrepresentations of the facts is a clear indication of that.
edit on 5/9/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

You are clearly the one amongst us who fails to properly understand Ron Paul's policies. Your sensationalist misrepresentations of the facts is a clear indication of that.

Nope. I've watched a million Ron Paul speeches and read a ton of RP articles. You just don't like the straight truth of his policies, you bought into the whole "liberty freedom" talk and don't like the way it sounds when it's said in realistic terms.

Once again if you take the time to read that article he is saying that excessive regulations harm average business owners.

I've read the whole thing..I wouldn't link it before doing so. And of course a regulation has the potential to hurt a small business more than a corporation. Making the payroll with minimum wage is going to be more difficult for a smaller corp then big. It's still necessary in my opinion, along with safety regulations.

But it's not like Ron Paul is going to reduce regulations in those specific areas, he may do nothing to make them stronger, but he's certainly not going to make it easier for them.

That's really debatable...RP hates regulation and genuinely believes that the free market will solve all the problems in the world. I doubt he would even have the power to do so, it would all depend on what congress/senate would look like.

You're a fool if you think he's some sort of bought out puppet set to serve the bankers and corps...

I don't believe he consciously wants to...he's just so brainwashed in libertarianism that he would...libertarian ideals are horrendous and would make way for pure corporate and societal tyranny. The guy wants to repeal the civil rights act in favor of property rights. He also wants to privatize all federal land...no more public parks for us! His world views are just not realistic...

If you yourself actually listened to anything Ron Paul says, you would know his mission isn't actually to "End the Fed".

"End the Fed is a 2009 book by Congressman Ron Paul of Texas. The book debuted at number six on the New York Times Best Seller list[1] and advocates the abolition of the United States Federal Reserve Bank."

en.wikipedia.org...

"Madame Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation to restore financial stability to America's economy by abolishing the Federal Reserve. Since the creation of the Federal Reserve, middle and working-class Americans have been victimized by a boom-and-bust monetary policy. In addition, most Americans have suffered a steadily eroding purchasing power because of the Federal Reserve's inflationary policies. This represents a real, if hidden, tax imposed on the American people."

"As President, Ron Paul will work for passage of comprehensive audit legislation, and he will also fight to legalize sound money so Americans will have alternatives to the Fed’s inflated paper money.

Ultimately, he will lead the charge to end the dishonest, immoral, and unconstitutional Federal Reserve System, enabling America to take a giant step toward economic security, financial responsibility, and lasting prosperity."

At the end of the video; "The time has come, lets end the FED".

He wants to abolish the fed, in his own words, like 20 times over..
And death by competition is still ending the Fed, what are you even arguing?

edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ultimately, he will lead the charge to end the dishonest, immoral, and unconstitutional Federal Reserve System, enabling America to take a giant step toward economic security, financial responsibility, and lasting prosperity."

What a wonderful idea.
Now that China has pulled all it's allocated gold from USA, Britain and Switzerland and is melting it down to 1 kilo gold bars so they can use it to back their gold backed yuan for trade and eventually finance it simply spells the END of the usa fiat currency as the reserve currency for global trade. The doallar is toast. What would you want as a trading partner? The usa and a debt based currency that is devalued simply by printing more when you cannot support it or a gold backed currency? Fiat or gold? RP has it right. What's the problem here? Are you waiting for that bank holiday where you wake up to a devalued dollar that loses 60% overnight? The usd is worth 20% of what is was worth before tarp and stimulus, qe2 and the bailouts simply because they printed more money. We went from 850 billion in the money supply in 2007 to 3.5 trillion as it stands today. And NOBODY voted for it. It was done with no oversight. That simply cannot happen with an asset backed currency, a "sound money" as advocated by Dr. Paul.
Now I personally have problems with Dr. Paul BECAUSE he is a gold bug and his school of Austrian finance views but in light of the failed Keynesian principles that have lead to our present state.....well.... Sound money blows doors off the recent model because the theft is astounding. Now that the usd is no longer going to be used as the worlds default currency what do you think will happen to this never-pay-debt-by government-tax the-people promissary-note? If you think it can keep any value you are a fool that is treading water with your left hand tied behind your back to your right foot in deep water. You may not like RP for wanting to abolish this fiat currency that has lead to this fiscal destruction of our country but you sir just don't seem to understand that he advocates doing it so we can recover in 10-20 years instead of never recovering from it in our lifetimes, our childrens lifetimes or our grandchildrens lifetimes.
Perpetual servitude to the money masters is the present road we are on. Fiat currency is simply a ponzi scheme, a pyramid scheme where the tax payer is on the very bottom layers and the bankers that got 16 trillion in bailouts unaccounted for are on the top and have allready cashed out.

join