It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria warplane kills 18 in single attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Syria warplane kills 18 in single attack

www.telegraph.co.uk

***Among the dead in the Al-Bab strike were a girl and a boy...

The air strike on Al-Bab followed a series of attacks on towns and villages in the Aleppo countryside, as regime forces fight to break rebel supply lines into the city.

The watchdog in a very preliminary toll said 38 people were killed nationwide on Monday, 20 of them civilians. It added that 132 people died in violence on Sunday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.geo.tv
www.thenews.com.pk
www.naharnet.com

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hit and run tactics are constantly being used.
People are still stuck in the piles of concrete, but no one is able to go help them because the airstrikes still continue.

Every day more people in Syria are dying, even innocent people like the boy and girl killed in the strike today.

What can be done to stop this? I really don't see what can be done, this whole Syria thing is getting out of hand.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-9-2012 by A51TR3B because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by A51TR3B

I got that beat. US bombs hospitals, schools etc in Libya...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-9-2012 by TheMindWar because: Added info

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Oh but you know, when NATO does it, its collateral damage, when others do it, its a war crime.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Indeed, go figure

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Maybe the West should stop supporting the so called 'rebels' with propaganda and weapons and god knows what else.

The West backs 'rebels' that fight alongside al qaeda but waste our tax money fighting them in Afghanistan? That makes so much sense.

We have always been at war with Eastasia right?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Doesn't diminish the fact that this is horrible guys,esp when women and children are being caught in the cross-fire
either way the violence needs to stop and soon,and i hate to say it because i know it's not right but i think Assad needs to step aside for this to happen,we all know NATO is going to finish the job eventually
edit on 3-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Doesn't diminish the fact that this is horrible guys,esp when women and children are being caught in the cross-fire
either way the violence needs to stop and soon.

True but the mainstream news focuses on Syria because it's in the interests of the US and Israel to do so. Btw, twice that number were killed in Somalia today. We going to get anything on that?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Alot of what the msm pumps out is to increase viewership,as in vehicle accidents,people slow down and take notice of military conflicts rather than malnutrition and poverty which are huge issues and get little attention i agree
Ultimately it's we the people that should take most of the blame for what the media spews..

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wonder how long Al-CIAdea rebels are going to pick fights with Assad..

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers go out to those 18 killed and their surviving loved ones and families.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I agree that this is terrible, but Assad needs to stand against NATO. If he stands against them and wins this war then it will have saved many millions in the inevitable Iran-Israel/US war. It may even be enough of a threat to stop Israel's attack on Iran.

Think of it this way;

Iran only has one regional ally. Syria. Without Syria they are isolated and could be attacked by Israel/US.
But with Syria, Israel has to constantly watch their flanks and Turkey needs to keep their guard divided (Russia to the North, Greece to the West, Iran to the East and Syria to the south).

With Syria still a major Iranian ally, the US and Israel are not so sure about attacking Iran. They are going to wait until Syria is out of the picture before they move onto the tougher country. Otherwise Iran can use their missile systems to wipe out the USN and Saudi oil refineries and Syria will bomb the cr@p out of Israel.

The death toll from this theoretical war would be too high for the US/Israel to actually go through with so we are seeing an uneasy truce.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A51TR3B

This is the same thing that happened in Libya..... It's all part of the plan, insert rebels (most whom are not citizens) start a violent uprising knowing the Syrian goverment will fight back to stay in power, after this goes on for awhile and the time is right, NATO will step in and there goes Syria...They'll rebuild put in new powers, and be one step closer to a NWO.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
My thoughts and prayers go out to those 18 killed and their surviving loved ones and families.

I'm with you on that one,that's something we need to remember whilst aportioning blame to whatever side is pulling the trigger,the important ones are those innocents who died without having a say in the conduct of the conflict that they find themselves in,may they rest in peace.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I understand that some british troops are being told they will be on the ground in Syria in 2013.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
I got that beat.

WOW what a childish remark. Anywhere else you would be sent home for such a pathetic way to handle a debate. Besides, you're not being forced to post, so why post such BS anyway?

Would it be fair if for anything you anti-western moaners post, one will come and post silly childish reposts to, such as "HA! I got this footage of X killing 1000 more people than what you showed! I WIN!" ?

top topics

join