It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Imagine The Day After Obama's Reelection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Should President Barack Obama win reelection this November, anti-tax advocate Grover Norquist pledges that he would immediately begin working on the 2014 midterm elections, foreshadowing the same type of adversarial approach that conservatives adopted after Obama's 2008 victory.

Not a very convincing platform, I would say. Okay that's just one Republican, who is vowing to work against the administration, what do some others have to say?

He won't have Dr. Ada Fisher to help him, however. The North Carolina Republican national committeewoman and member of the North Carolina Women for Mitt leadership team said she would move to Israel if Obama wins a second term

Lori Hatch, a convention-goer from Oregon, said she would move to the Czech Republic. Sheila, a convention attendee from Tampa who would only reveal her first name, said she would basically disengage from normal society, "get out of the mainstream of all the things I do for the community and business and all of the charitable things I would do."

These threats to "jump ship" are just coming off as a childish fit rather than any sort of threat i would take seriously.

Thats okay, these people seem to be largely irrelevant, we will move on to a "big name".

Then there was Newt Gingrich, who wouldn't even consider the hypothetical. "That's a thought so terrible I can't contemplate it," said the former House speaker.

Terrible hellfire would rain down, rogue groups of cannibals will roam the alleys of New York, Hitler will resurrect from the dead, everyone will be forced to watch Highlander: The Quickening until their heads explode, we shall call it THE OBAMAPOCALYPSE!

At least that is what i imagine he would say, if he could contemplate things.

"Other than cry, I'm not sure what I'd do at this point," said Christine Sutton, 62, of Honolulu. "Canada is just as bad," she added, dismissing a move up north.

Lol?

Sorry, I am not bashing republicans here, but a lot of the answers were completely ridiculous.

We do have some reasonable ones as well, just for balance.

But for all the acute trepidation, there were many cooler heads. Thirteen attendees said life would go on. "It's not going to be an apocalypse," conceded Phil Johasz, 25, of Midland, Mich.

"I just do my job," said Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio).

"I get up and go to work," said Ann Clanton, executive director of the Rhode Island Republican Party. "What am I going to do, roll over and die?"

What do you imagine?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 3-9-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
How about they just quit?

Oh boo hoo, the other guy won! Time to do your job or step down so someone who will take it seriously can run the show.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I would imagine the economy would change drasticly, either good or bad im not sure. I could see it going both ways but I imagine it would strenghten due to confidence in stability within the administration.

I see calls for a record number of recounts and having it drag out for a while, that you can almost count on as I believe it will be a very close race.

Instead of birthers I could imagine a whole new set of haters called fixeders, screaming out how the election was fixed.

I see a big announcment from Obama... Something to start his next term off with a bang, as is his style.

And perhaps a plan to get gay marriage rolling, lol that would get some heads steaming haha.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Terrible hellfire would rain down, rogue groups of cannibals will roam the alleys of New York, Hitler will resurrect from the dead, everyone will be forced to watch Highlander: The Quickening until their heads explode, we shall call it THE OBAMAPOCALYPSE!

star and flag for the highlander comment
although at this point it doesn't matter who's at the helm of the ship we are headed straight for the iceberg full stream. mitt/obama lol is basically the same person politically

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
For the ones wanting to jump ship. Why wait? Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out the country will be better off without weaklings like you. If you're not willing to fight for change then you are useless.

And Newt too terrible to contemplate. Is it as terrible as dumping a wife as soon as they get sick for a new ho?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Imagining the day after Obama's reelection isn't hard ... it'll be just like the day before he's re-elected. Nothing surprising will happen. Not for the democrats. Not for the republicans. Not for the country. We can see the course the country is on. NO CHANGE - so what's 'to imagine'??

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You seem to think you're aloive but you still can't let go of obama. I find that to be very disheartening.
I understand that "minorities"(whites are the real minorities) want a "change". Instead people voted on a flacid book cover, and no author.
Nobody listened to the true americans after bush and you guys voted on emotion,. Now they have you castrated and cornered. Japanese dreams, will you ever change? Don't even hope for it. Just live it

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think the ones who would jump ship would be doing so because of higher tax rates they would have to pay. People from both sides of the aisle are doing that as I type.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I think the ones who would jump ship would be doing so because of higher tax rates they would have to pay. People from both sides of the aisle are doing that as I type.

Didn't that spark the recession? I heard a rumor that 500 billion was wired out of the country a few days before the cards fell flat. Before the housing bubble popped.
Sorry I'm not american but I'd rather have you explain this instead of some obscure website that pops up on google,

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If the unthinkable happens and Obama does get reelected, he won't get anything done, and we will be in for another wasted 4 years.

Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio then will be able to get ready for 2016. Who will Democrats be able to put up against them? Joe Biden?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

I'm just stating what I've read or saw in the MSM. While some people have extensive libaries saved on their computers, I'm not one of them.

This is one of those articles.

danieljmitchell.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If the unthinkable happens and Obama does get reelected, he won't get anything done, and we will be in for another wasted 4 years.

Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio then will be able to get ready for 2016. Who will Democrats be able to put up against them? Joe Biden?

Probably Hillary.

She says that she doesn't want the job, but people change their minds a lot in 4 years.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

What third world country are they going to jump to? Any first world country will have higher taxes along with universal health and social safety nets.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I would say, and this is just my opinion, that Singapore, The Caymans, Bermuda and a few others are technically second world and would gladly welcome wealthy individuals.

I myself am researching moving to Belize, though not because of taxes. I’m hoping to get down there this winter for a first hand look.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

reply to post by HamrHeed

I'm just stating what I've read or saw in the MSM. While some people have extensive libaries saved on their computers, I'm not one of them.

This is one of those articles.

danieljmitchell.wordpress.com...

Oh? I can see why this topic is sensitive to certain americans. My bad. I just thought out of all the rumors of mass theft, you guys would have noticed.. We're talking about trillions of dollars.
That withdrawal i was referring to was ONE person- it set off a panic in the market that reverberated across the world.
Yes, us outsiders pay attention because we shoulder the burden too when your markets are down.//
Peace

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The bigger question will be "What happens the day after Obama loses?"

How bad will the riots be?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It just goes to show you where these "politicians" true loyalties lie, "If I don't get my way, I'm gonna stop playing, take my ball, and go home". America crumbles as the brainwashed fight amongst themselves over who's fault it is. They won't do anything to help America as a whole, because it might make it look like the "other" side helped their adversaries. Your fellow Americans are not your enemy. Fighting them is nothing more then fighting yourself. We are all responsible for our current state of affairs, but no one wants to accept any accountability. As long as things keep proceeding as they have been, things will only continue to get worse.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Should President Barack Obama win reelection this November, anti-tax advocate Grover Norquist pledges that he would immediately begin working on the 2014 midterm elections, foreshadowing the same type of adversarial approach that conservatives adopted after Obama's 2008 victory.

Not a very convincing platform, I would say. Okay that's just one Republican, who is vowing to work against the administration, what do some others have to say?

He won't have Dr. Ada Fisher to help him, however. The North Carolina Republican national committeewoman and member of the North Carolina Women for Mitt leadership team said she would move to Israel if Obama wins a second term

Lori Hatch, a convention-goer from Oregon, said she would move to the Czech Republic. Sheila, a convention attendee from Tampa who would only reveal her first name, said she would basically disengage from normal society, "get out of the mainstream of all the things I do for the community and business and all of the charitable things I would do."

These threats to "jump ship" are just coming off as a childish fit rather than any sort of threat i would take seriously.

Thats okay, these people seem to be largely irrelevant, we will move on to a "big name".

Then there was Newt Gingrich, who wouldn't even consider the hypothetical. "That's a thought so terrible I can't contemplate it," said the former House speaker.

At least that is what i imagine he would say, if he could contemplate things.

"Other than cry, I'm not sure what I'd do at this point," said Christine Sutton, 62, of Honolulu. "Canada is just as bad," she added, dismissing a move up north.

Lol?

Sorry, I am not bashing republicans here, but a lot of the answers were completely ridiculous.

We do have some reasonable ones as well, just for balance.

But for all the acute trepidation, there were many cooler heads. Thirteen attendees said life would go on. "It's not going to be an apocalypse," conceded Phil Johasz, 25, of Midland, Mich.

"I just do my job," said Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio).

"I get up and go to work," said Ann Clanton, executive director of the Rhode Island Republican Party. "What am I going to do, roll over and die?"

What do you imagine?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 3-9-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Or.... it could be quite different. Here's a short story that I wrote on the hopeful defeat of the president on election night. Enjoy !

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If President Obama is reelected, then the reaction will be exactly as it has been... The Republicans will unite under their secret leader, Grover Norquist, and they'll hold the entire country hostage through obstructionist legislating.

Should Mitt Romney win, I expect that the Democrats, having just lived through four years of this, would respond in kind and do the same thing.

The sad part is that now this shameful method of governance is the status quo and is a brand new tool in the heaping bag of mind-tricks that politicians have. Now they've convinced us that they can accomplish nothing - all while getting us to blame the party that is trying.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Being a good observer of trends in politics, I see most of the Obama support right now as being like thin ice. In other words, people are saying they support him and will vote for him as of right now, but that support is either due to party loyalty, guilt feelings, or faded hope. As the election draws near, that ice will begin to melt away.

Some hints are this. Instead of their being a knock down, get out of my way, desire to fill the stadium with worshipers, the Obama campaign is busing in people promising entertainment etc. Instead of gathering crowds of tens of thousand and women fainting, there are mostly empty buildings with unfilled seats at campaign stops.

The glow is fading as Mr. sweet and nice is changing into Mr. mean and nasty. People don't like the real Obama that much, that, and the bad economy either.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join