It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White man rejects grocery bagging by "minority"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I reckon Freedom of Religion only goes so far? His religious belief is to not have blacks touch his food.

I guess it is ok though for a jewish person to ask a non jewish black person to not touch his food so he doesn't contaminate it and make it unkosher?

The door doesn't swing both ways apparently.

Stay classy ATS!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

Haha, if you don't want to encounter "negroidals" I suggest leaving the planet earth, its the only way a bigot such as himself can be safe and true to his religion.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Haha, if you don't want to encounter "negroidals" I suggest leaving the planet earth, its the only way a bigot such as himself can be safe and true to his religion.

Wouldn't be a hoot if the aliens were black?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Personally? I'd run up and not only touch his food, I'd give him a hug!

Outstanding response.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It happens.

I once worked as a front desk clerk at a public library in a predominantly Black area of town. The Black Muslims would come into the library and tell their kids not to talk to me because as a white person, I was the devil. The parents would check out their books with me because I was the only one available, but they had hatred in their eyes.

I lived in the neighborhood and walked to and from work. Several times I ws pushed off the sidewalk by 'angry Black men.' Many of the people in the neighborhood were polite and friendly. I rented an apartment from a Black man and my supervisor was a Black woman.

But I have never seen a group of more arrogant, impolite, racist people in my entire life.

If you are going to get worke up over some idiot white person like this who expresses racism, I only hope you get equally worked up when the opposite happens.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Wouldn't be a hoot if the aliens were black?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw many years ago in Playboy that made me laugh. (I searched for it but failed to find it)

Anyway - it’s of UFO (saucer shaped craft) landing and all the "Leaders" in suits and ties (several old white men btw) with their hands out mid offering. They are facing a 15 foot tall black man in a space suit -

The caption reads.

Greetings my ass... Why are you boys not out in the fields picking cotton...

I laughed a lot at that cartoon.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DirectDemocracy

Kosher preparation does not have anything to do with who touches the food. I'm not sure how this relates...

Kosher Preparation

According to the Torah, cloven hoofed, cud-chewing mammals are kosher. Deer, sheep and goats, for example, are all kosher, while pig and rabbit, for example, are not.

Only certain birds are considered kosher in the United States.

Fish and meat cannot be served together.

Milk and meat cannot be served together.

Processed food must be prepared in the presence of a rabbi.

Poultry and meat must be slaughtered under strict guidelines called "shechita," which means the animals are slaughtered without pain.

Kosher kitchens must maintain separate sets of utensils, pots, pans, dishes, and anything else that comes in contact with food for using with milk and meat.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But Wikipedia says it does matter.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The classical rabbis prohibited any item of food that had been consecrated to an idol, or had been used in the service of an idol;[59] since the Talmud views all non-Jews as potential idolaters, and viewed intermarriage with apprehension, it included within this prohibition any food which has been cooked/prepared completely by non-Jews"

"Some Jews refer to these prohibited foods as akum, an acronym of Obhde Kokhabkim U Mazzaloth, meaning "worshippers of stars and planets"; akum is thus a reference to activities which these Jews view as idolatry, and in many significant works of postclassical Jewish literature, such as the Shulchan Aruch, it has been applied to Christians in particular."

Personally I think kosher is completely nonsensical and it is stupid. I would even argue the person in OP's story is talking out of his behind. I am an Anti-theist myself but if we are going to constitutionally protect one group's religious belief to prevent certain people from touching their food, we must also extend this right to ALL people claiming to use religion to prevent certain people from touching their food.

We all know the person in OP's story is full of crap and just doesn't like blacks, but that is not the point. The point is once he uses the words "Religious Belief" then we must respect and defend his right to it. We do not have to respect the belief itself, or the person practicing it, but we must respect his right to practice it.

Discrimination is discrimination no matter how you look at it. And this person is having his religious beliefs discriminated against.

edit on 1-9-2012 by DirectDemocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The guy clearly comes off as an idiot to me. And probably to most other people too. However,it is his right to have those beliefs, and the consequences that come with being such a closed minded person. He will probably lead an unfulfilling life in the end. But it's his right to do so. Just as it is our right to not pay attention to him,or serve him, or listen to his nonsense should he ever try to preach it.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

ETA: Here is a picture of the guy. Nice wife-beater dude!

SOURCE

He looks better with uniform.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You mean like this?

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yes this guy has every right to do this, it's called America.

Just like the business owner should have every right to kick his ass out of the store for life for being a bigoted idiot, without being sued.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330

ah yes, America. where you can say any thing you want, as long as its not against a minority group. where people complain, curse and demonize the police who are tame compared to just about every other country on the planet. where the greatest daemons are white straight men and the saints are gay black men. where the people love proclaiming how greet free speech is, as long as you dont say something they dont like. in which case they will gladly interrupt you, curse you, threaten you and any thing else they can do to silence you. and then they, hypocritically, complain when the government tries to do the same thing, even with good intentions, they cry about their civil rights and make idiots out of them selves until the government once again pathetically capitulates. that America right?

normally i could go on but iam too tired right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

That would be "doucheoid"

2nd

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Pretty much. Or just tell the man he is no longer welcome at the store, he can shop elsewhere.

Christians we're singing this exact same tune back in the day.. the circle is now complete

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
I came across this article last night and my initial reaction was an incredulous ..really???!

A white Texas man claims that allowing a black man, or in his words a “negroidal,” to bag his groceries is a violation of his religious and civil rights.

According to News Journal, Dewitt R. Thomas filed a handwritten nine-page federal lawsuit against Keith Langston, owner of Two Rivers Grocery and Market after being banned from the grocery store.

He stated in the lawsuit that he told an African-American grocery bagger, “Wait a minute, don’t touch my groceries. I can’t have someone negroidal touch my food. It’s against my creed.” The cashier yelled at him and asked him to take his groceries and leave.

Thomas claims that he follows a religion called Vedism which encompasses Hinduism.

“Vedism translates into knowledge. I am not this way because I am ignorant. Ignorance is the enemy … White people are to be protected under the civil rights law just as anyone else,” Thomas said. “It would be the same as if you asked that a congoid (a person from west/central Africa) not touch your food.”

Langston decided that he would serve Thomas with a civil trespass warning the next time he was on the premises. When Thomas returned the two day later, he saw the same young black man bagging groceries and again requested that a “negro” not handle his goods.

“My question is, why after I told them how I felt and that it was against my creed did this negroid try to impress himself upon me and try to handle my groceries again,” Thomas said.

Langston immediately called the police, an employee locked the doors and Thomas was served. “

"He was banned because he was using racial slurs, but he has turned it into a religious thing,” Langston said.

source

As I read through the reader comments following the article the majority of them expressed opinions regarding the article were just what could have predicted. Some mentioned that at first they were offended but then couldn't help but laugh at his ignorance. He was widely ridiculed and called out as a racist, people mused over the dilemma he would be faced with if he were in need of life saving medical care and the only doctor available was black. Pretty much the same consensus over and over again.

I have to admit that my line of thinking was along the same lines until I came across one comment stating that the Vedic religion does not instruct one to avoid contact with those of other races, this struck a familiar chord in me and I realized that his actions might not be as dumb or ignorant as they think he is. Racists yes, but ignorant maybe not so.

When the issue of gay rights is on the table one of the biggest arguments in opposition of granting rights to them is that it goes against the religious beliefs of others, and you can't say that the argument has not provided a foothold of power in their attempts to prevent this from happening.

How many would agree that what the members of the Westboro Baptist Church have done at military funerals is offensive and goes against how the majority of Christians believe they are to behave under such circumstances? How many Christians have decried their behavior as unChristian? Has it stopped them from being able to claim their actions are based on their Christian faith, and that prohibiting them from those actions violates their right to religious freedom?

Nope, so if claiming a violation of ones right to religious freedom and tagging that on to being a Christian can allow people to do hateful things to others, wouldn't it stand to reason that using the same argument,the violation of religious freedom might provide legal justification for people to fly their racist flag under color of faith?

People might consider him simply ignorant, but based on the aforementioned issues and precedents he might just have a legal leg to stand on. Troubling
edit on Sat Sep 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit to comply with T&C Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review // The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

He has no legal leg to stand on as the premises is private property. A shop owner has a right to stop anybody he or she likes from coming on to the property and seeing as this man is causing distress and upset to the employees and no doubt other shoppers too then the shopkeeper can ban him. The same way I can refuse entry to my home.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by david99118

Originally posted by tw0330

ah yes, America. where you can say any thing you want, as long as its not against a minority group. where people complain, curse and demonize the police who are tame compared to just about every other country on the planet. where the greatest daemons are white straight men and the saints are gay black men. where the people love proclaiming how greet free speech is, as long as you dont say something they dont like. in which case they will gladly interrupt you, curse you, threaten you and any thing else they can do to silence you. and then they, hypocritically, complain when the government tries to do the same thing, even with good intentions, they cry about their civil rights and make idiots out of them selves until the government once again pathetically capitulates. that America right?

normally i could go on but iam too tired right now.

Tame police? Are you mad? You have the worst, most brutal, violent police force in the whole of the west.
Just see this as a very small snippet.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Thomas claims that he follows a religion called Vedism which encompasses Hinduism.

Religion lies, hates, and kills...

Just another confirmation that false religion is in fact another form of mind control...

Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How about a universe full of black NBA stars crossed with elves?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This guy wouldn't last a minute where I live. People are seriously crazy around here. >.>

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join