It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors at RNC will get Droned

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sinister-looking unmanned ground vehicles called Wraiths are being deployed alongside aerial drones to police the Republican convention should protesters try to disrupt proceedings. It is not known which US government agencies are operating drones, which have been used extensively in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen against al-Qaeda and Taliban targets on a ‘kill list’ overseen by President Barack Obama. United Drones built the Wraiths, which can travel at speeds of up to 65 mph and climb over virtually any structure or terrain. The stealth vehicles, which have been kept in reserve so far, can be operated from 100 miles away. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yes you heard it. Any of the protestors who will get rowdy will be getting droned with gas and nonlethal means. This is just the first step towards what we here at ATS always knew about, but its all good because if they get droned they must be a terrorist and if they were standing next to a protestor they are also a protestor.

This is what happens when the terror drones get used on people in the middle east, the next step is the domestic population. Well we wanted to kill us some lotsa Muslims didnt we. Don't blame anyone, but ourselves. Lets get more drones

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh man, look at those civil liberties fly!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think this is what the future looks like...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
lol, just kick that thing over, then pick it up and throw it. Or have a gas mask handy

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
no, your understanding of this is backward.

The GovtCorp is very very very fearful.

there is no other explanation for the big guns.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Fights will break out...violence will escalate...enter a false flag event that gets the "protestors" labeled "terrorists" and then martial law will be declared. After that, the equivalent of a "Reichstag Fire Decree". Some of us will watch in horror as Lady Liberty is raped and murdered before our eyes but others... the selfish, greedy, intolerant and hate filled will roar with approval....thus the great experiment of our Republic will die, drowned in rivers of patriotic blood.

Call it my "Doom" prophecy for the future...and I don't see it so far out of the realm of possibility....regardless of "who" is presiding in the White House.
ETA...Oh wait...we already have the Equivalent of the Reichstag Fire decree...it's called NDAA and the Patriot Act"...silly me...I almost forgot!

edit on 28-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: ETA stuff

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Lol, well shooting at stationary circular targets was getting boring anyways.
Bottles and milk jugs were a bit more exciting, but who could resist this new temptation? I mean SOMEONE has to find out if those are bulletproof tires, now don't they?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
if a thousand protesters see that thing coming, in about 5 minutes you'll see it upside in a dumpster.

edit on 28-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
lol, just kick that thing over, then pick it up and throw it. Or have a gas mask handy

I don't know with two belt-fed shotguns I'd let it go past...
Does anyone know how big they are? Height, weight?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I had to reach back a bit for this one... but man it is creepy.

www.youtube.com...
(Big Dog)

I don't even want to see the things that will crawl out of the woodwork when the lights go out. I doubt that it will happen during this convention. Maybe the surveilance ones so they can take pictures for future use but the really nasty things like this one adn the one in the OP will only come out in "harsher climates".

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

TAMPA — Federal officials say unmanned drones will not be patrolling downtown's skies and streets during next week's Republican National Convention.

A Naples company planned to outfit small unmanned helicopters and ground vehicles with cameras and operate them on behalf of unnamed government agencies during the convention, according to a report that ran in the Tampa Tribune on Friday and on its website, TBO.com.

The part of the story about aerial drones patrolling the RNC is "completely inaccurate," Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Laura Brown said.

Source from Tampa

While military drones have become commonplace on the battlefield, they are restricted for civilian use. But even then the FAA doesn't generally allow "unmanned aircraft systems" — the FAA's preferred term for drones — in urban airspace, Brown said. Airspace around the Tampa Bay Times Forum will also be restricted during the RNC.

Seems that the Dailymail is a bit off on this one.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
infrared visuals,
2 12 gauge shotties shooting 250 round per minute,
4x4 all terrain,
smoke deployable, and can self-destruct remotely.

it's because our government loves us. this is to keep you safe people, don't you see?

want to disable this thing? mini-ieds. paint dump from above to cover the lens.
ground traps, nets, wires etc...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

and can self-destruct remotely

seriously? I was going to say it would be great to capture and rewire one of these bad boys...

but from the post above yours seems the protesters lucked out..for now

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That sh!t is not gonna work, but it's gonna be fun to watch.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce
reply to post by yourmaker

and can self-destruct remotely

seriously? I was going to say it would be great to capture and rewire one of these bad boys...

but from the post above yours seems the protesters lucked out..for now

You would have to momentarily disrupt the signal and shut it down before the operator could hit the switch.

That article said "aerial" drones. Not entirely sure about these land rovers though.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

They could legally shoot you for kicking a robot?

lol,I don't doubt that they would though

edit on 28-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's a small thing, but there is nothing in the article that indicates either the land or air based drone will be equipped with any weapons. They could be, I suppose, but are you really expecting a missile or machine gun fire to come out of the sky?

And if the ground drone is equipped with, and uses, tear gas, so? Every protester expects to be tear gassed. It's a bragging point.

If, as is likely, it's used for surveillance of public streets, what's the big deal?

I guess I'm not as worried about it as you are.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The Brits know in advance what's happening in the US.

Just like WTC 7.

Maybe the Queen does still run your country?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Well if they ever deployed this into a crowd, I'd say that they are already ready to shoot someone

I for one would be chucking cocktails at it hoping to burn wires or something...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I guess I'm not as worried about it as you are.

Precedent is the only reason I "worry".
The Roman Empire, Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union. You know the names and what they mean.
They didn't just happen overnight. They occurred incrementally until they became what they were.

The United States. Drones, Nuclear Weapons, Police State, Foreign wars.
Incrementally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join