It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcing Children to Protest is Child Abuse - Parental Indoctrination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So What is Indoctrination?

Wiki/Indoctrination

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology. It is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned. As such the term may be used pejoratively, often in the context of education, political opinions, theology or religious dogma. The term is closely linked to socialization; in common discourse, indoctrination is often associated with negative connotations, while socialization refers to cultural or educational learning.

When we look at protests worldwide, there is always your token "Child Protester" in some cases comical..

..but for the most part disturbing. These children are innocent pawns in the game of politics.

Parents are potentially leading their children into harms way as violent confrontations with the Authorities sometimes erupt.

It's only getting worse.

As the world decends into total chaos, children are being used more often to push radical political and religious ideology. Even if that means sacrificing their lives.

According to the Taliban in Pakistan’s North-West Frontier Province boys and girls are ready to launch attacks in the name of “jihad”. The terrorists seek to take over whole regions along the border with Afghanistan and threaten more slaughter if the government does not stop its military operations.

Pakistan Child Suicide Bombers

In a world where we have become decensitized to images of war, death, human misery and destruction, the next obvious step is to throw innocent children into the mix. Pictures of Bloodied Children, Praying Children, Bomb Strapped Children and so on.

More Child Protesters

Protesters defend kids in fake blood

Protesters are defending a demonstration in which children lay in "bloodstained" clothing in Wellington's Civic Square.

Two hundred people protested yesterday against Israel's actions in Gaza and the New Zealand Government's stance on the conflict.

About 100 people wrapped in fake bloodstained bandages and clothing, including young children, lay down in the square while a drum beat 844 times to symbolise the 831 Palestinians and 13 Israelis killed in the month-long conflict.

Wellington Regional Jewish Council chairman David Zwartz said the use of children in political protests was wrong.

"What do these children know of the politics involved?"

The children's presence was manipulative and an infringement of their rights.

Protesters defend kids in fake blood

Indonesian Child protests the WTO

Some people do not see international trade favourably: here a child protests against the WTO in Jakarta.

Globalization at risk

I think that this is Ok

"Mother Earth not for sale": indigenous peoples protest Amazon destruction, Greenpeace calls for Arctic Sanctuary at Rio

Mother Earth not for sale

But this is downright evil

The childs shirt reads "Ready to Die for Bahrain.

A Bahraini child carries a natinal flag as he walks in an anti-government protest Friday, April 27, 2012, in Jidhafs, Bahrain, on the outskirts of the capital of Manama.

Clashes in Bahrain

Finally there has been much debate about "Pro Life" and "Pro Choice"

Here is a 6yo protesting/preaching at an abortion clinic"

I say let Kids be Kids, Protesting should be left to the Adults.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

F&S, I couldn't agree with you more. IMO, using children as pawns in a protest is a sure sign of absolute cowardice on the part of the parents and should not be tolerated. More often than not, they use their children to display signs and/or carry out acts that they themselves, are unwilling to do in public. They also tend to utilize children when they can't find enough sane adults in support their point of view, who are willing to protest and/or blow themselves up.

Let kids be kids!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Great thread. This should definitely be a concern for all people. This is just another form of child abuse, imo. Parents try to vicariously live through their children by indoctrinating them before their brain can even comprehend ideology. Neurologically speaking, it is damaging to a child's brain development because you stomp down their critical thinking skills and natural desire to learn. It is one thing to be a radical yourself and lead by example, then the child can choose to follow your path or not. It is a whole other ball game to force ideas onto a child through indoctrination techniques. I bet most of these children either grow up with some deep psychological disorder or they end up hating their parents, or both.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As always, I'm going to play the devil's advocate.

Why does everyone care so much about kids and so little about adults? What's the magic age when people stop giving a crap about a persons welfare?

Logically, shouldn't we care about ALL people be them adults or children?
edit on 28-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys, and yes I changed the title to "Forcing Children to Protest is Child Abuse"

It's getting worse as parents become more desperate.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Perhaps parents inflict such indoctrination on their kids as a sick and false sense of accomplishment? By instilling their children with certain thoughts and "values" I.E "god hates fags" Those parents feel that their own lives mean something because they're passing on the same hateful message to the next generation and the "war goes on"

Young minds are impressionable and they should be filled with anything other than hate, judgement and a fear of asking questions.

Great thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The thing is that a peaceful protest shouldn't have children banned from it. There are a few where children will be safe.

I'm sorry, at 12, while I couldn't work a job, or be out after curfew, there were things I still believe is wrong, to this day, that I protested then, and I protest now.

But endangering kids is dumb.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am not sure how to read this, it certainly isnt child abuse I know that much. I mean, its not as if the children have been dragged into care by the system (which always results in child abuse).

Some parents may over step the mark and I certainly do not like the pretend suicide bomber outfit, but thwn again, who are the government to judge? Afterall they drop cluster bombs and chemical weapons on children and get off on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
After looking at this small list of illnesses related to agent orange and children i think the kids have every right to protest

agentorangelegacy.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
I am not sure how to read this, it certainly isnt child abuse I know that much. I mean, its not as if the children have been dragged into care by the system (which always results in child abuse).

Some parents may over step the mark and I certainly do not like the pretend suicide bomber outfit, but thwn again, who are the government to judge? Afterall they drop cluster bombs and chemical weapons on children and get off on it.

I couldn't agree more. People love to scream child abuse over every little thing noways. Does that mean I don't think the parents are wrong in some cases? No, I think in some of the examples the parents were wrong, in some cases I don't see the harm, it's not going to result in life long trauma.

All kids are indoctrinated somehow by how their parents view the world. Kids grow up and learn to think for themselves. I was indoctrinated into a radical for of Christianity as a kid, I grew up and learned to think for myself. The indoctrination didn't damage me, the damaging part comes later if the parents don't accept the fact their child didn't accept their beliefs and reject them for it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

After looking at this small list of illnesses related to agent orange and children i think the kids have every right to protest

agentorangelegacy.com...

I don't totally disagree with children protesting (as I said about the rainforest destruction above), but I think they should be kept away from riot police, pepper spray and conflict zones.

Sometimes the parents bravado/pride/ego is not helpful to the cause anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Do you think that the 6yo in the last youtube video is a case for child abuse?.

I know the kid with bombs strapped to him is not really healthy for a young mind.

Abuse comes in many forms.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

agentorangelegacy.com...

I don't totally disagree with children protesting (as I said about the rainforest destruction above), but I think they should be kept away from riot police, pepper spray and conflict zones.

Sometimes the parents bravado/pride/ego is not helpful to the cause anyway.

Lol, define conflict zone? Do you mean residential neighbourhoods where children live? Its hard to stay away from conflict zones when your house where you live and its being bombed. As for staying away from riot police, why cant the riot police stay away from peaceful protestors rather than starting trouble?

Police these days, when there is a peaceful protest (involving familes) arrive armed to the teeth with full para-military gear. IMHO police do not deserve the title of police, they are nothing more than hired thugs and provocators.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That is all well and fine but remember "indoctrination" is a two way street and that does not make you modifying your child's behavior any different than the way the people in the OP do. So if your child starts using racial slurs teaching him not to is just as much "indoctrination" as making him hold a sign.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Do you think that the 6yo in the last youtube video is a case for child abuse?.

I know the kid with bombs strapped to him is not really healthy for a young mind.

Abuse comes in many forms.

Pad parenting? Yes, abuse? No. It is not causing the child physical or mental harm. Now if the kid was being forced to do it against his will with the threat of being starved or beat if he didn't then yeah, that is abuse.However, this kid probably believes he is doing a good thing and making the world a better place. Mostly likely, the worst thing that is going to come of it is that one day when he is older he'll be embarrassed over the fact that it was on you tube.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

To answer your question, we are all basically products of our environments from birth. No way around it.

Do I think it's right? Not particularly, but to these people it's as natural as what breakfast cereal is placed on the breakfast table for kids.

In order to stop it, all these people would have to be stearilized long before even giving the opportunity to give birth!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Agreed.

Children are not vehicles for our own twisted world views. They are creative, developing beings with more of a grasp on what life should be about than the adults who watch over them.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Lol, define conflict zone? Do you mean residential neighbourhoods where children live?Its hard to stay away from conflict zones when your house where you live and its being bombed. As for staying away from riot police, why cant the riot police stay away from peaceful protestors rather than starting trouble?

By conflict zone I mean a place where there may be police and civillian conflict - not a war zone. We all know that some protesters can get a bit out of hand in what should be a peaceful protest.

Some say that troublemakers are "shipped in", by the authorities to start the trouble - OWS for example.

So rather than have your child pepper sprayed to show how passionate you are about your cause, why not leave them at home to watch cartoon network, while you get sprayed.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I agree, but I would also argue that nearly all forms of religion are also indoctrination since most children follow whatever religion their parents push on them unless they are highly intelligent and seek their own answers as adults; at which point they may end up deciding to follow the same religion as their parents but only after they have the ability to make an informed decision does it stop being indoctrination. I would say most people tend to follow in their parents foot steps religiously for one reason or another. If one believes that this can effect the outcome of where one's soul goes after death then this should be considered just as serious.

As you said, let kids be kids, but this doesn't simply apply to protest.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Pad parenting? Yes, abuse? No. It is not causing the child physical or mental harm. Now if the kid was being forced to do it against his will with the threat of being starved or beat if he didn't then yeah, that is abuse.However, this kid probably believes he is doing a good thing and making the world a better place. Mostly likely, the worst thing that is going to come of it is that one day when he is older he'll be embarrassed over the fact that it was on you tube.

I think teaching a 6yo child about the very adult world of abortion is mental harm. The kid doesn't believe he is making the world a better place - Hello, he is 6yo

What he believes is he is making his parents happy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join