It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raub Attorney says Vets are Disappearing all over the Country

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Didn't see any threads pertaining to this specific angle so here we go! If this is the wrong place, please move accordingly.

The Attorney for Brandon Raub was on Glen Beck not too long ago. And what he said was that he had been receiving calls from all over the country from Veteran Groups stating that other Vets, voicing their opinions that buck the cheery picture of the government, have also been subjected to detainment and being thrown into mental hospitals under false pretense. All because they are using their right to freedom of speech.

Whitehead said that veterans have since been contacting him from across the country claiming they too were victims of wrongful detention in psychiatric institutes like Raub. Apparently, there are civil commitment laws in other states as well, he said.

He also goes on further outlining the events around what happened to Mr. Raub at the hands of the Feds. The fact that this was so blatant just makes it that much more unbelievable....whether you put it past the system or not. The numbers speak for themselves. Just think about all of the vets we don't hear from regarding this type of treatment.

Further, in a surprising twist, Whitehead revealed a startling allegation that his client made regarding an incident that occurred before his release. Raub complained to his attorney that one of the psychiatrists that he was seeing threatened to “brainwash” him and force him to take medication.

Honestly i don't know what to say other than I kind of expected this and all this does is further my assertion that the government is no longer your friend. Could it be that Wikileaks has opened a pandoras box so to speak as it matters to the feds trying to secure those skeletons in the closet?

“No warrant for his arrest and no search warrant,” Whitehead replied. “They haven’t [charged him with a crime] and they’re not going to.”

Whos to say? The interview however speaks volumes....and Im in no way a fan of Glen Beck, but i have to agree with him on this one. This is a huge violation of our civil and constitutional rights, and they aren't even trying to hide it. How many more victims are there of this type of tactic? Where do we go from here?

Source
edit on 27-8-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This trend if it continues, sets a dangerous precedent. And more could follow if we don't put a kabosh on this heavy handed type of tactic.

I fear though that we as a nation are too late to diplomatically change the method of the machine.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
There's a difference between a soldier who becomes anti-war, and an armed psycho with PTSD calling for an armed revolution.

Just goes to show, be careful what you say online.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
There's a difference between a soldier who becomes anti-war, and an armed psycho with PTSD calling for an armed revolution.

If you bothered to read OP's before u comment, you would find that he has never been diagnosed with PTSD, he doesnt own a gun and isnt psycho as he has no mentel health problems at all.

as Albert Einstein said " Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." seems to apply to you....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Granted.....problem is....most of these guys aren't armed psychos....and the feds don't seem to care if they are or not. They view all dissenting vets as a threat to the way things are portrayed for the status quo. Thats the problem.

The fact that the media pushes vets as armed psychos just makes it more easy to see how they are pushing an agenda....which is shut yer mouth or we'll come for you....or set you up to get brainwashed, put on meds, and then let you be a trigger man in a mass shooting.

Maybe that in itself is the agenda....kidnap some vets, condition them with meds and propoganda and turn em loose.

Anything is plausible at this point.....what better scape goat than one who has bled for the government and no longer agrees with their methods? And vocal about it to boot...sounds like a perfect scape goat to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Please be nice, he has a valid view even if not fully up to speed. Unlike other threads...i don't squash anyones right to be an ass. The mods might, but i do not.

And I would hate to see this thread get closed over a flame war of misunderstanding where intent is misapplied.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It's really not hard to put 2 and 2 together. Anyone can be forced into a mental institution if they are perceived as a threat to others or themselves. The suicide and PTSD rates are extremely high for our troops. There are tons of people that were never diagnosed who have mental problems.

edit on 27-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

True, but in this case there is no solid proof stating otherwise. And to arbitrarily throw all vets under the same bus when they have a differing point of view is just making those who wouldn't normally see things that way, move to the other side of the fence.

Them vets like to stick together that way.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

They view all dissenting vets as a threat to the way things are portrayed for the status quo. Thats the problem.

Probably because the high amount of veteran terrorism that has occurred in the recent years.

Ft. Hood shootings
Holocaust Museum shooting
DC Snipers
Shiek shooting
Poplofski en.wikipedia.org...
Oklahoma

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

So your saying that this is their way of fixing a problem they created? What you speak of represents a very small percentage of veterans. And since we're talking about shootings, what of the Colorado massacre? or any of the numurous serial killers that existed and didn't have military training?

Mass killings and shooting happen all the time. if they were worried about vets they would have clamped down a long time ago.This latest action would indicate that they have other motives for pursuing vets who disagree with the direction our present administration is taking us.

And having served for their country, honestly they may be the first to know what is truth and what is a lie.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

if Raub was PTSD and armed and dangerous to self and others, seems to me that he would be recruited for a false flag attack... like the attack on the Sikh temple, apparently conducted by a psy op trainee.

perhaps his arrest was an attempt to turn him... but his mom, bless her heart, stepped in and called the few attorneys left that would defend the constitution.

so the other disappeared vets...mentioned by Raubs attorneys and Beck, actually exist, but are undergong re education, and do not want out...yet.

just a thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
By george Spoke ye forgot the Teaxas bell tower
the one that started all this......it was a shocker, but they have been comming fast enough now to be far less of a shock......
i believe this is the last real warning..... That DHS Fema and the Military will be running this country out in the open soon.
Why else purchase so damn much ammunition?
We need to canvas the mental iibstitutions now for missing vets?
Letys not go unarmed........
Comon Oathkeepers......your people are being detained......

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
How strange, I have not heard of a single veteran coming up "missing".
I was wondering what the angle was to this "story" when it first came out was.
I think I see now.
Gumment dissident and whistle blowers will simply vanish.
Weird, we know where Assange is, we know where Raub is and we know where Manning is.
3 in 330,000,000 ain't a bad ratio, you think they could capture all of us?
Folks on ATS and a hundreds of thousands of blogs say much worse EVERY day, yet we are still free.
What is it they call these cases, a psy-op???
Like I said at the start of this story, something about it is SCREAMING "HEY OVER HERE, LOOK AT MEEE"!!!
Dr. Paul screams and can get no media love for decades, and in just a few days, these others are thrust into our faces.
Funny how things work.

(Edit)
Does anybody by chance have this "list" of soldiers and or citizens who have come up missing by chance??
It must be huge, but I'd research it for sure!
So, how bout that list?
edit on 27-8-2012 by g146541 because: ze list

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Combat ready vets that actualy know what's going on and are not swayed by the propaganda should goin forces and prepare to take up arms to actualy protect the country they swore to protect from the domestic threat that is eminant. Which happend to be their former employers.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Coincidentally i was looking into compiling a list of that exact thing.....I too was curious just how many have been on the federal railroad to the funny farm. Might not be easy though, considering many cases of this get swept under the rug and out of public view.

I will work it though just gimme some time to see what I can come up with. Until then Im sure if you follow the lawyer back to his page...the address is talked about in the video towards the end...he states he has more info. I would pull it myself only Im not really in a place to do that ATM. Im stuck in traffic on the way to work...so yall might not see me back here right away.

Still I will dig for more info and post what I can find for sure.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It's really not hard to put 2 and 2 together. Anyone can be forced into a mental institution if they are perceived as a threat to others or themselves. The suicide and PTSD rates are extremely high for our troops. There are tons of people that were never diagnosed who have mental problems.

edit on 27-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I think this most accurately suggests the problem. If a person is diagnosed with a mental problem as a result of their time serving, doesn't that make the government responsible for their care?

So the government has a need to limit cost and find nothing wrong with people who might genuinely have a problem. Then when that problem surfaces they take action. It's a win-win for them, they save money and let people suffer, cut off from the support network they are supposed to have access to, and then when the vet becomes a vocal opponent they claim that it's mental disability.

That's how I see it, I could be wrong. I don't trust any government when it comes to doing right by the people who served, and I just wish the general public would wake up to the fact that their country doesn't give a rats ass about them once they've killed the people they want them to kill.

People going into the armed services in the UK or USA right now are complete idiots for trusting their government. They've proven again and again that they don't give a crap about you, why would you want to do their bidding and then be left for dead?

Makes no sense to me why anyone would want to serve unless their nation is actually under attack from a foreign enemy. Then and only then is it right to serve your country in war.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes thats it exactly....in most cases these soldiers aren't showing signs of mental break at all, their just fed up with the line of crap thats been fed to them for so long. Instead of getting answers they get the looney treatment.

Just because you have PTSD doesn't make you crazy, psycho, paranoid, or otherwise. It just means that you inevitably volunteered to be put in that situation that caused it with your full trust in the government to provide you with the tools you would need to break free from the trauma. Only that didn't happen...too little too late.

Vietnam ring any bells?

And once again they're being used as a scape goat to push another agenda of federal might makes right.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

if it is found to be true that Vets are being targetted for "reeducation" it will be the last straw, i dont see this ever making it out into the light of day, even if it is true. Too many Vets like me that would take offense and force our voices to be heard.

We have already served this once great nation, we dont need to be put back in the grinder at home also.

daily i am thinking a 5 million Veteran march sounds better and better. numbers speak volumes, especially on television, especially when we are all unified in our disdain for the coruption of our .gov.

Of course, the .gov will tell us that our assembly is illegal, even though it isnt and cant be made to be(the right of the people to peacefully assemble shall not be infringed) they will still try to claim it is. then they will order us to disperse, then they will bring out the jack booted thugs to try to force us. At which point we either go home and hope they will listen, or we stand up for our rights ( the right of the people to peacefully assemble shall not be infringed) and tell them to piss off, as it is our right to assemble peacefully at any place or time we choose. with or without the .govs permission.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

A 5 million Veteran march sounds so good. But I don't think they would do anything. In uniform with all your decorations and awards, if they did do something simular to the Occupy assaults, that would be, for many people, the straw the broke the cammlel's back. As always you have my support but the difference now is I support the cause as well.

edit on 27-8-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
While searching for more Vets that have been rounded up I came across this little piece of old school that seems to be ringing true today in modern America.

And yes, Americans did in fact take much from the Nazi/Stalin play book it seems as it pertains to dissent and the use of psychology to further warp the views of the masses as they persecute the awakened.

Psycology of Nazi Perpetrators

I can see how this outline can be used in war time to further explain away and justify a governments actions when rounding up anyone who has something bad to say.

I did find news about one other who was latched up for the concern of the public safety in Ohio. So it is plausible that it is occuring on a larger scale than whats being reported. This story falls on the back of Raub's story seen Here. Granted its a blog, yet I'm still digging here...honestly aint finding much immediately. Yet I'll keep ya posted.

NTA: And of course more stuff from InfoWars lamenting more of the professional justification even when there may be none in reality. I mean they survived war....not all of them are nuts.

edit on 27-8-2012 by Kastogere because: NTA

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join