It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Republican National Convention. AUGUST 27, 2012 – AUGUST 30, 2012. Can Ron Paul win?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Explanation: As an Australian, OL can only remind my fellow ATS members that Ron Paul still has a chance and that you shouldn't count your chickens just yet ok!

1 week in politics is a LONG TIME!

2012 Republican National Convention [gopconvention2012.com]

History will be made in Tampa August 27-30, when 2,286 delegates and 2,125 alternate delegates from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and five U.S. territories gather together to nominate the next president of the United States at the 40th Republican National Convention.

I note the following OVERT and OBVIOUS BIAS...

So where is the link for Ron Paul?

Never the less ... it is the Delegates who will decide the outcome ... GOP Delegates [gopconvention2012.com]

In August, 2,286 delegates and 2,125 alternate delegates will make history at the 40th Republican presidential nominating convention.

Though they will be a diverse group – men and women of all ages and backgrounds, from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and five U.S territories – they will travel to Tampa with a single unified purpose. Their most important job is to nominate the Republican candidates for president and vice president of the United States and to launch them to victory in the November general election.

Republican Delegate Tally [elections.nytimes.com]

It seems highly unlikely that RP has the numbers as they appear at the link provided above but, as we all well know by now, that all the delegates remain UNBOUND!

So how do my fellow members think and feel about the GOP convention and any possible results that may occur?

Is it a done deal for Mitt Romney ... OR is Ron Paul still in with a chance and has he garanteed himself the VP position anyway?

Personal Disclosure: N/A!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Ron who?

It has been decided. The convention is simply a formality.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

This article agrees with the OP,Ron may still be an outside chance

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

All we've heard from the talking heads and media pundits for months is that Ron Paul is simply unelectable and how he doesn't stand the remotest chance of receiving the nomination. Those of us that refuse to swallow what they have been trying to force-feed us have been minimized, mocked, scorned and ridiculed for continuing to voice our support for the the good doctor (especially by fellow ATS members, you know who you are). If he is really as insignificant as they would like us to believe, why have they almost made it a full-time job of RP bashing? Why expend so much energy and attention to someone who is not remotely even a threat? Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Well as they say, "it ain't over till the fat lady sings," and as far as I can tell she is in the wings just warming up her vocal cords! Will he receive the nomination? With all of the insurmountable obstacles that he's had to overcome just to get to this point, I'm sure that it would take an act of divine intervention and all the stars would have to be in the proper alignment, but I will continue to hold out hope until all the ballots are counted and it's official, one way or the other!

One thing is for sure, it's going to be interesting to see how things unfold...and there might be some surprises in the mix!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

All we've heard from the talking heads and media pundits for months is that Ron Paul is simply unelectable and how he doesn't stand the remotest chance of receiving the nomination. Those of us that refuse to swallow what they have been trying to force-feed us have been minimized, mocked, scorned and ridiculed for continuing to voice our support for the the good doctor (especially by fellow ATS members, you know who you are). If he is really as insignificant as they would like us to believe, why have they almost made it a full-time job of RP bashing? Why expend so much energy and attention to someone who is not remotely even a threat? Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it?

You say all of that and then go on to say it's going to take divine intervention for RP to win.

You could have saved yourself a bunch of typing. All you had to type was "you guys were right all along".

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And weren't you the one who just a few days ago posted that you were so disillusioned with your man Mittens after announcing Ryan as his VP pick, that you were considering throwing your support behind Ron Paul? If you don't remember saying that, I will look for the exact quote from your post. Flip-flop much? (another thing you have in common with your candidate)

Say what you want about me or my fellow RP supporters, at least we are consistant and unwavering, unlike yourself.

Time will tell who was right and who wasn't...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Here are your quotes that I referred to:

I’ll probably get flamed and bombarded with “I told you so”, especially after all the RP bashing I’m guilty of, but I must say that today’s announcement of Paul Ryan as Romney’s VP is extremely disappointing and I’m beginning to look elsewhere. I haven’t had a chance to read any opinions around the blogosphere on today’s pick but I’m really bummed. I feel smaller today than at any point in my life and my fear level about the survival of America is rising. I’d like to believe all the garbage coming out of Mitt’s mouth but I just can’t after this Paul Ryan pick….

I think I’m ready now; I’m ready to jump on the Gary Johnson bandwagon. Here is the problem I think we face. Although most democrats are disappointed in Obama and most republicans (especially conservatives) are underwhelmed with Romney I don’t see another candidate gaining any traction. I think the ONLY chance we have of saying HELL NO to both of these clowns is a Johnson/Paul ticket or a Paul/Johnson ticket.

What are the chances we'll see these two join forces? If that doesn't happen I think we're in for a bumpy ride and the destination isn't a place I want to end up.

edit on 8/22/2012 by 1yearning2bfree because: added another quote

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
While there is zero percent chance of some Ron Paul revolution at the GOP Convention, I would love to see it happen if only for the overwhelming silence that would fall over the Ron Paul crowd on election night when RP didn't get more than 75-90 electoral votes...

He would get the hardcore conservative states, such as Kansas, but it would be an Obama landslide the likes we have never seen in a Presidential election before.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

No, Ron Paul can not win.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ron Paul has 58% favorability. Ron Paul can win if delegates realize that Romney is the same as Obama. Romney lies about everything just like Obama does. We have no reason to believe that anything will change if Romney wins, in fact, we can expect things to get worse.

Romney may not want people to know that Bain owned a company called Stericycle that disposed of aborted fetuses. Although some say that Romney severed ties with Bain in 2002, Bain went on to haul in huge profits from Stericycle's disposal of aborted babies from 2002-2004 while Romney was governor. I speculate that at least some of the paperwork that Romney destroyed while he was governor may have documented Romney's involvement in coordinating state funded abortions in Romneycare. Did Bain-owned Stericycle profit in any way from any legislation that Romney may have enacted or coordinated between 2002-2004?

"Another SEC document filed November 30, 1999, by Stericycle also names Romney as an individual who holds "voting and dispositive power" with respect to the stock owned by Bain. If Romney had fully retired from the private equity firm he founded, why would he be the only Bain executive named as the person in control of this large amount of Stericycle stock?...

In 2001, the Bain-Madison Dearborn partnership that had invested in the company sold 40 percent of its holdings in Stericycle for about $88 million—marking a hefty profit on its original investment of $75 million. The Bain-related group sold the rest of its holdings by 2004. By that point it had earned $49.5 million. link"
ATS

Research indicates that both Obama and Romney’s biggest donor is Goldman Sachs. There is no reason to believe that anything will change under Romney since Obama and Romney appear to work for the global bankers. Furthermore, Paul Ryan is also supposedly guilty of insider trading involving Goldman Sachs:
www.alternet.org...

Although I believe that Obama and Romney are both criminals, a possible reason why Obama keeps talking about Romney’s records is because Obama knows that Romney is a criminal. For example, Romney supposedly committed voter fraud: articles.businessinsider.com...

edit on 22-8-2012 by chizeled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

And weren't you the one who just a few days ago posted that you were so disillusioned with your man Mittens after announcing Ryan as his VP pick, that you were considering throwing your support behind Ron Paul? If you don't remember saying that, I will look for the exact quote from your post. Flip-flop much? (another thing you have in common with your candidate)

Actually I said I may support Gary Johnson. Of course I’m a bit disillusioned when it comes to the election process because I never get what I want in a presidential candidate. That doesn’t mean I wasn’t right from the beginning about RP having no chance in hell. He's out! No flip flop here...I've been consistent.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If Ron Paul cant win- Then Romney definately wont win because all of the Ron Paul supporters will not back Romney.

Which means Romney wont have the support he needs to beat Obama. Which also means that the republicans lost to Obama because they were foolish enough to back Romney.

He never stopped running- he just stopped spending money. It is not over till Paul says it is over.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No, this is silly.

And I'm a RP supporter.

I voted for Ross Perot once upon a time, I'm not gonna waste my vote again.

We must support Romney, by far the lessor of two evils...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I told myself that 4 years ago.

Today- I am stuck with the bigger of two evils.

Might as well of just threw away my vote.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

If Ron Paul cant win- Then Romney definately wont win because all of the Ron Paul supporters will not back Romney.

I know, from what I’ve heard they’re all going to vote Obama. That shows you how conservative they are.

Most probably just wanted legalized weed! Now that that’s off the table free healthcare is back to #1!

I must ask, why not vote Johnson if you’re an RP supporter?? He’s the closest thing to RP; no?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Short Answer No Long Answer No way in Hell. Both parties are bought by big corporations. If you think they will allow Ron Paul to be the nominee you are nuts.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Simply put- Paul supporters see two evil men in front of them- both of which they will not accept.
(some will because they think they have to in order to keep Obama out of office).

Independant candidates dont have the numbers to ever win an election, which is why Paul ran on the republican ticket.

If he ran 3rd party- he would have never made it this far. He also picked up MANY republican voters who found that their party candidate did not have their best interests at heart.

Johnson doesnt stand a chance just like Perot didnt because America has been divided into two extreme factions.

I will NOT vote for Obama...and I will NOT vote for Romney.
I will pander to nobody when it comes to my beliefs.

IMO- both of those men are power hungry criminals. Why would I back any of them?
There is no lesser of evil- just evil.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

And you know this how? He is about the most vague candidate we have had since, well Obama. What gives you the rosey impression that he will be so much better? since they are in all practical purposes the same candidate. Keep towing the line, pretty soon your going to run out of rope

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Simply put- Paul supporters see two evil men in front of them- both of which they will not accept. (some will because they think they have to in order to keep Obama out of office).

Independant candidates dont have the numbers to ever win an election, which is why Paul ran on the republican ticket.

How’d that work out?

If he ran 3rd party- he would have never made it this far. He also picked up MANY republican voters who found that their party candidate did not have their best interests at heart.

That’s because the two parties are well funded (by The same PTB).

Johnson doesnt stand a chance just like Perot didnt because America has been divided into two extreme factions.

I agree but wouldn’t it be better to vote for a guy with no chance than not vote at all?? That was the choice you made with PAUL!!

I will NOT vote for Obama...and I will NOT vote for Romney.
I will pander to nobody when it comes to my beliefs.

Then you will be like 50% of this country and bury your head while others make the decision for you…

IMO- both of those men are power hungry criminals. Why would I back any of them?
There is no lesser of evil- just evil.

I disagree…though I don’t see a lot of difference I do see that Romney’s economic policy is better for the majority. He’s not the welfare candidate in this race - Obama IS. Take a chance on personal responsibility.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
No, this is silly.

And I'm a RP supporter.

I voted for Ross Perot once upon a time, I'm not gonna waste my vote again.

We must support Romney, by far the lessor of two evils...

2012 Republican National Convention August 27 - August 30.

President Mitt Romney and Vice President Paul Ryan will lead us out of the Obama

stagnation inside of the convention center.

Joe Biden and his cohorts will be blown off the parking lot and into nearby trees by

Tropical Storm Isaac. God is on our side. Look at the track. It couldn't be better!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join