It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Aerial Objects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I figured I should begin sharing my encounters with objects that I could not identify.

All of these sightings were in the last 5 years:

#1) Several years ago, I was walking in the forest at night. I was alone, and at one point I entered a meadow. I meditated for a few minutes. When I awakened there was an orange bright light in the sky, far brighter than any other star. I chalked it up to some kind of plane or Mars.

#2) Inspired by the recent focus on unknown aerial objects, I was gifted a great telescope for my birthday. This was about 3 years ago. One night I was looking at Saturn, and was living with my parents at the time. I naturally decided it would be a good idea to invite them to see the sight. I wanted them to see the beauty in the local cosmos, to try and bridge the gap between us that had grown due to our discrepancy in belief about these more taboo phenomena. While we were sky gazing, a single, bright blue object flew over head in a straight trajectory. It was entirely silent, and seemed to move a bit faster than a normal air craft that flies at the altitude it seemed to be flying. As it moved away, I noticed we were all silently watching it. No sooner did it get 10 times stranger. The object appeared to rise up into the sky, becoming smaller at a rapid rate. Within a few seconds it was tiny, then in an instant, it flashed red (Red shift?) and disappeared.

#3) My friend and I were riding our bikes one night roughly 3 years ago. We saw a bright light in the sky, and decided to get on a different street to get a better look. We saw the object move side to side, and then it would stop. My friend said "I wonder if anything would happen if we flashed our lights at it?" He promptly flashed his light on and off at the object once. The object immediately turned off, and back on as well. This is absolutely what we saw. We immediately freaked out and jumped into a nearby bush. The object seemed to change in luminosity and simultaneously began moving in a steady and straight trajectory. The object came closer, and appeared to be a plane, but we both have fuzzy memory of the object, and neither of us believe we saw a plane. It seemed like it had some kind of artificial aspect to it.

#4) At a party, I noticed a young man that I had seen many times before, but was never introduced. He was sitting on a couch to himself, so I decided to see what his deal was. We spoke for a bit about ATS style topics, which was inspired by his opening line of "I know you know what's up" what i approached him. During the conversation, for some reason I mentioned to him that we would see something extraordinary, UFO like, in the sky that night. About 5 minutes after having said this, a few people from the back yard rushed inside in a frenzy yelling, "Everyone! Come outside! Check this out!" We all ran outside to find many orange orbs flying over the ocean, what seemed to be anywhere between 20-80 miles out. They all moved at different speeds, up, down, side to side. It culminated with 10 of them arriving in the same section of the sky, where they disappeared as quickly as they appeared.

Entertaining to say the least!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

I think a good possible explanation for #2 is that it was the International Space Station (ISS). Your description sounded almost exactly what a sighting of the ISS could look like...

...It could shine very brightly at first (brighter than any star or planet in the night sky), and then as it gets further away from you, the angle of the Sun's reflection off of it to your eyes will make it appear to get dim and turn reddish-orange before completely disappearing from your point-of-view (or maybe before flying into the shadow of the Earth).

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I concur with the ISS angle. I thought it was a very bright star at first, until I realized it was moving and then the light dimmed. Very cool to see.

join