It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramadan: they're waiting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Why no doom?
Ramadan. Islamic holiday. It ends soon, they wouldn't do something during Ramadan, but Ramadan will be over soon.
I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Heard someone mention it on the news today. They were talking about Syria and the middleast in general.
And one of the correspondents said that they will wait until Ramadan is over.

Think it's plausible?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

If you're desperate for a straw to clutch, then surely waiting for Laylat al-Qadr would be more symbolically significant?

The problem with waiting for the end of Ramadan is that you bump straight into Eid and the first day of Eid is about unity across the Muslim world (which to frightened Western eyes could be a potentially terrible portent) but is a practically meaningless concept in Syria at the moment and, in fact, much of the Islamic world in general.

Also, not really keen on the generalising here. I'm not really keen on aggressive interpretations of Islam (or imposed Sharia law, caliphate &c) but Islam has got a lot on its plate at the moment with infighting to demonstrate a united front against the Western world.

So, in the meantime, continue to enjoy your degeneracy, decadence and generally crumbling Western Empire!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
Think it's plausible?

No, but keep repeating it to yourself until it becomes true. Like your signature says!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
IF (and this could possibly be a big if) you are correct on this, then we could be looking at the first quivers of war within the week. Ramadan should be ending within the next couple of days.
Don't know whether or not to believe this is a possibility, but, things are getting to be quite heated out there right now, and it's at least worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

today is the last day in the month of Ramadan

so prepare your self and your neck

im coming to get you

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

So, in the meantime, continue to enjoy your degeneracy, decadence and generally crumbling Western Empire!

What is this, trendy self-hatred, or foreign gloating and wishful thinking? Don't be so quick to consign us to the dustbin of history just yet. The West has an extraordinary capacity for renewal, even after cataclysmic defeats.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
Why no doom?
Ramadan. Islamic holiday. It ends soon, they wouldn't do something during Ramadan, but Ramadan will be over soon.
I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Heard someone mention it on the news today. They were talking about Syria and the middleast in general.
And one of the correspondents said that they will wait until Ramadan is over.

Think it's plausible?

What the hell are you talking about? What are they going to do? Doesn't make sense
Not even a link to help me understnd what your on about.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Oh, the extremists have been busy during Ramadan.

The death toll stands at 404.

The link below is not working, but here is a snippet from the article.

A spate of attacks that killed 82 people in Iraq overshadowed preparations on Friday to mark the end of the holy month of Ramadan, amid warnings insurgents would look to carry out deadly strikes.

The violence, the worst in more than three weeks, hit 15 cities across the country and left 270 people wounded on Thursday, just days before the Eid festival that is set to begin on Sunday.

The attacks brought the number of dead nationwide over the course of Ramadan, which began on July 18, to 404, according to an AFP tally. There has been at least one bombing or shooting on every day of the holy month but one.

www.khaleejtimes.com.../middleeast/2012/August/middleeast_August271.xml§ion=middleeast

I have never seen extremists shy away from a month dedicated to peace. They use it to their advantage in my opinion.
edit on 18-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: Broken link.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by Merriman Weir

What is this, trendy self-hatred, or foreign gloating and wishful thinking? Don't be so quick to consign us to the dustbin of history just yet. The West has an extraordinary capacity for renewal, even after cataclysmic defeats.

None of the above, or maybe a little from column A, column B, or column C. Or maybe it was just a irreverent answer to question that didn't really deserve too much of a serious answer.

Is self-hatred 'trendy'? Maybe one man's 'self-hatred' is another man's awareness as to how the West can't continue to keep on going down the path its taking. That capacity for renewal has never really happened when other regions have been in their ascendancy in the way China, India etc are.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It seams as every year passes since 2001 there has been
a "warning"

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I simply don't understand the purpose of this thread._javascript:icon('
')

Who is they in your eyes? is it the PTB as many refer to or are you talking about Muslims?

Im with Darknstormy on this as i have no idea what your trying to get across.

new topics

top topics

join