It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another country to live in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Name me another country beside the USA.

And tell me why I should go live there.

I'm beginning to really dislike the USA.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I want to know too, in the past id wait till the next election. However, now that I know our votes don't really count, I want to get out of this hell hole.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I'm hearing that Belize is friendly to ex-pats and accepts american dollars etc. That it is a good place to retire to due to the cost of living being lower there.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've been told that Germany is good place to live. Also, New Zealand would be a beautiful place to live, don't know much else about that country though. There are probably many others.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I lived in Germany, and where I was the gas back in 06 came out to about 8$ per gallon (after multiplying the liter by 3.78 and what the euro to dollar conversion). It is indeed beautiful, however I couldn't afford to move their. I will look into Belize though, thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT TO CHANGE YOUR COUNTRY RATHER THEN GIVE UP AND MOVE AWAY???

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I lost to what was an unfair fight.

A genuine man will amit to winning a battle by moving on.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thats how I feel, but to each his or her own I guess.

Ive traveled all over the world, living in many places for extended periods of time. For me.. there is no place like home. WIth its warts and boils, home is always home. After spending an entire year in the darkness that is London.. rain rain rain and not a ray of sunshine.... right before I suicided the plane landed in sunny Nebraska. Not a cloud in the sky. 3 feet of snow and ice.. but glorious sun.
Im sort of joking, but really, home is home to some. If you are the type that can just turn tail and acclimate.. more power to you!

One of the best places Ive been is Peru. If I could or had to live anywhere else, it would more likely be there.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

If I were to fight for this country, Id either be executed or tossed in jail/prison. This would totally screw with my family. So in short, I want the non violent way out.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Singapore is pretty nice. Clean. Much of the population speaks English. It's a pretty ethnically diverse country with a relatively low crime rate.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you want a gun your best is to stay in US.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
From what I read, Costa Rico or Brazil are both ex-Patriot friendly.

Costa Rico has entire communities of American transplants, local economies accept and trade the dollar un-officially, your money goes pretty far there and parts of the country resemble parts of the US. Land there is relatively reasonable with water front being most expensive... not unlike ocean front in USA.

Bad part is naturalization to Coasta Rico is full of hurdles, and to work there you need permits and regulation on that is tough. For instance, you can own a business, but you can only do the work associated with management... you can't even take out the trash if that is not one of your duties. That is reserved to your Costa Rican nationals working for you... this preserves the employment rate for the locals.

Brazil is diverse... encourages emmigration by foreigners such as Americans. The climate and land in many areas are tropical, but many even resemble eastern North Carolina. In fact, many tobbacco farmers from NC have moved there and have massive farms in the outlands of Brazil. Gas is very cheap, good exchange rate, and the women are beautiful... which might be a problem since I am married.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Yeah its very true that Singapore is pretty nice,clean. Much of the population speaks English. It's a pretty ethnically diverse country with a relatively low crime rate.even Thailand is very clean an awesome place surrounded of beaches,and one the place is Koh Tao,their are wonderful resort,beaches good for diving to experience a marine life.
Koh Tao Resort

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RoseLinda

Looks nice. I've only ever been to Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket. I may have to plan another trip to Thailand in the near future. Based on the website, it sure seems pretty affordable.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A good rule of thumb to go by is, "if it doesn't make the news, it's a good place to live". That being said, stay away from the Eastern Hemisphere. Bad things always seem to happen over there.

Given the choice, I'd take Canada or Peru. Canada for the Hockey, Peru for the Coffee.

new topics

top topics

join