It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This reality = Heaven+Hell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Give or take a little. Throw away the dogmatic interpretation of these places if you like. I primarily use these terms in the following sense: heaven = indivisible from bliss; hell = indivisible from suffering. Look at either one as an inconceivably dense point (singularity) on either end of a line. Suffering and bliss play a game of tug-of-war, creating the balance we perceive of. Negative & positive. Yin & yang. Some people experience incredible amounts of pain in their lives, and very little fulfillment. For others it's the opposite. For many it's all the shades in between.

Love / hate
Forgiveness / vengeance
Tolerance / intolerance
Freedom / slavery
War / peace

Many more like this.

Any thoughts?

edit on 16-8-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Yea. This world is however we want it to be. For those who are always "suffering" and depressed they say this is there hell. But for others they say its heaven. Usually it's either the ones who have learned the secret of Life or rich people who say this is heaven. Besides, what is good and bad? Good = heaven while Bad = Hell. They do t exist. Something good for me might be something bad for someone else. It's the way we see things. & there's has to be balance in this Life. Too much black eventually makes white while too much white eventually makes black. Maybe it's when someone does to much "evil" (black) they turn good(white) and hen someone good (white) does too much nice they turn evil (black). Just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong but that's just my opinion.
You do make sense though.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Yea. This world is however we want it to be. For those who are always "suffering" and depressed they say this is there hell. But for others they say its heaven. Usually it's either the ones who have learned the secret of Life or rich people who say this is heaven. Besides, what is good and bad? Good = heaven while Bad = Hell. They do t exist. Something good for me might be something bad for someone else. It's the way we see things. & there's has to be balance in this Life. Too much black eventually makes white while too much white eventually makes black. Maybe it's when someone does to much "evil" (black) they turn good(white) and hen someone good (white) does too much nice they turn evil (black). Just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong but that's just my opinion.
You do make sense though.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

So, rich people, regardless how they got and continue being wealthy, are the keepers of the secret of life?

A poor, hardworking man who despairs at the mercy of a greedy, unrestrained "health" industry while his son lies sick in bed is worthy of HELL on earth? A billionaire politician who sends the young to die for profit or a wealthy man who leads a bloodthirsty drug cartel are somehow enlightened?

Corrupt politicians who encourage wars of genocide and plunder, corporate leaders who rape the environment and enslave their workers, drug cartel bosses who shed innocent blood and terrorize millions...

Are these, then, the enlightened ones? Our modern buddhas?

I swear, whoever is the architect of that reality needs a furious kick to the jewels for such sadism!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I don't know where to begin. What you are describing is a duality. Heaven and hell, light and dark, male and female, up and down, and so on, they are all opposites. In this reality, we percieve these things as opposites yes, however, underneath it all, we are all capable of experiencing oneness. Human beings are simply confused. Evil does not need to exist in this world. It only exists because we allow it to exist. All of the bad things in this world only come from human beings. If you have noticed, all the animals on this planet all have their own purpose, their own way of life, they live without sin, without greed, without pride, without envy and so on. Animals don't know evil. They don't acknowledge it. Why should they? Animals don't acknowledge time either. If you ask any animal on the planet, that hasn't been domesticated by humans, what time is it.... That animal would say, its right now. There is no future, no past.... more dualities that we have made up. Even male and female combine their energies to become one energy. Yin and yang as we call it, becomes one. Duality is only a concept that we have created. And its time that we realized that we are all one, because the dualities are growing further and further apart and the world cannot sustain it for much longer, the evidence of this is everywhere.

Beneath all of our problems, beneath all of it, is a state of unconditional love. When you can learn to let go of fear, let go of ego, let go of whatever it is that holds you back, you can feel this love coursing through your entire body. It is an incredibly beautiful sensation. It feels like sunlight radiating from the inside of your body. Love has no opposite. Love had no duality. Love is the state of the universe. Love is light, love is consciousness itself, love is what we call god, divine, and the supreme being. The reason we refer to it as a supreme being, is not because it is seperate from us, but because it is us, all of us, you are apart of that supreme being, and you can realize this simply by BEING. Just be. No thoughts, clear the mind, just focus on the now. Breathe, feel your body, think no thoughts, don't let your mind stray, if it does, start over. Deeply focus on the feelings of your body, pay attention to your senses, be very alert, allow no thought.....feel. And once you get good at doing this, you will feel it. And when you do, you will never understand the state of the world, you will never understand the pain and misery that people inflict on each other daily, you will never understand why greed has such a powerful effect on people, you will never understand why we can't just solve the worlds problems tomorrow when the answer is so obvious. But you will see it all so clearly, like you have awakened out of a deep slumber. The world will become more vivid and beautiful. You will enjoy the little things, you will be friendlier, you will be happier, you will experience the greatest joy. Your relationships will improve, your problems will seem trivial, and you will wonder why it was a problem to begin with. Your life will transform into something you only dreamed of. You will attract new people, new opportunities, new experiences, into your life, and as long as you always follow your intuition, which will be heightened, you will always be happy. Once you become conscious of your intuition, always follow it, never ignore it. Even if the path it takes you down isn't where you want to go, it wants you to go there for a reason, and that reason will only make sense if you listen to it. Life begins where your comfort zone ends. This is how we create a life that is beautiful, and worth living, for every man woman and child on this planet. For a future that is promising, in harmony with nature. It is time human beings woke up, out of the duality, and realize that we are all one.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Don't end up in hell when you die. Do whatever you can now to end up in heaven. That means getting saved. You can philosophise all you want but after you're body dies come the judgement. And if you're not saved your in big do do.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

I don't think that's what he's saying. Without letting emotion clout the point, realize that at every scale 'positive' and 'negative' are entangled. It's often not by our own choice that suffering becomes the dominant force. War, slavery, dehumanization, rape, pillage, torture and more lie on the boundaries of hell. Some people are just born into a time and place that puts them in this predicament. Those born wealthy and privileged may consider their existence mostly heaven, especially from a struggling mans perspective. In the grand scheme, this pervades down from the individual ego-mind, all the way up to the "tribe-mentality" scale & farther beyond.

As for the architect being sadistic, I don't believe that's the case if there is one. Would any one of us be sadistic if we spawned a reality and let nature take its course? Even in the event that the spawning of sentient beings might take turns for the worse?; non-interference with the flow of opposite forces doesn't equate to sadism. At worst I would say indifference. In any manner it's hard to say.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I like your post because I sympathize with that mindset. But it's not so simple as accepting that love prevails. For you and me, and some others that may seem the case. It may seem simple and perfectly acceptable. Yet history & human nature tells otherwise. There are sadist, brutes, narcissist, psychopaths, and shallow/hateful people of every degree, that enjoy making life hell. In the end we find that either the balance stays in play, or occasionally there's a dark age/age of enlightenment.

There's also an entire hierarchy of cause and effect that puts us where we are. It's not as simple as "just love", although many times I wish it were.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

It is absolutely as simple as just love. The catch, is getting people to actually do it. Which unfortunately, when ego runs so rampant, is much harder to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I have contemplated this myself in the past. Right now I have created my own sort of personal hell through alcohol abuse. I remember a time when I was in my own sort of heaven and want to get back there but just keep putting it off!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I like how you think.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The simplicity is you thinking rationally, but it still comes with the subjective facet of your own psyche. If the key to a perfect existence was so blatant then you could assume we'd be somewhere closer by now.

Also I wanted to note that my thread includes the aspect of suffering simply caused by being mortal. This includes death, disease, environmental hazards, ailments, aging, chemical imbalances and mental illness. Escaping these forms of pain isn't as simple as just loving. The only way to transcend these things would be increasing technology, knowledge and wisdom. Though the process could be expedited if more people embraced love/unity.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Give or take a little. Throw away the dogmatic interpretation of these places if you like. I primarily use these terms in the following sense: heaven = indivisible from bliss; hell = indivisible from suffering. Look at either one as an inconceivably dense point (singularity) on either end of a line. Suffering and bliss play a game of tug-of-war, creating the balance we perceive of. Negative & positive. Yin & yang. Some people experience incredible amounts of pain in their lives, and very little fulfillment. For others it's the opposite. For many it's all the shades in between.

Love / hate
Forgiveness / vengeance
Tolerance / intolerance
Freedom / slavery
War / peace

Many more like this.

Any thoughts?

edit on 16-8-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

Our realities are our own, and they are what we make of them.
edit on 8/16/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I have contemplated this myself in the past. Right now I have created my own sort of personal hell through alcohol abuse. I remember a time when I was in my own sort of heaven and want to get back there but just keep putting it off!

I feel you there --- As do countless others. I never had a problem with alcohol, but I've had and still have my own demons to wrestle. Addiction, fear of reverting to any state of suffering, insecurities. I know how it is to think back on moments where just being alive felt impossibly blissful. I can philosophize in my own mind, but in some sense I'm also trapped in the very same prison. To some degree we all are; individually and collectively f***ed.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

It is the 'thinking' that makes life hell. It is the beliefs that you believe that build the world you think you live in.
Existence is just a movie for you to see, it includes everything possible. When the movie is seen and recognized to be a movie for your viewing pleasure you will be in Heaven watching it. If you are still in the world of 'your' creation you will experience Hell.
Live in Gods creation (now) or live in your own creation (imagination).

edit on 16-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I feel you there --- As do countless others. I never had a problem with alcohol, but I've had and still have my own demons to wrestle. Addiction, fear of reverting to any state of suffering, insecurities. I know how it is to think back on moments where just being alive felt impossibly blissful. I can philosophize in my own mind, but in some sense I'm also trapped in the very same prison. To some degree we all are; individually and collectively f***ed.

Looking back (past) and looking forward (future) will make life feel like Hell.
Stay exactly where you are and you will know Heaven.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

The simplicity is you thinking rationally, but it still comes with the subjective facet of your own psyche. If the key to a perfect existence was so blatant then you could assume we'd be somewhere closer by now.

Also I wanted to note that my thread includes the aspect of suffering simply caused by being mortal. This includes death, disease, environmental hazards, ailments, aging, chemical imbalances and mental illness. Escaping these forms of pain isn't as simple as just loving. The only way to transcend these things would be increasing technology, knowledge and wisdom. Though the process could be expedited if more people embraced love/unity.

There is no death. disease is caused by low vibrations which can be countered by changing your vibration, this goes for aging and ailments as well. Environmental hazards would not exist if people lived in harmony with nature, in love. There is no problem on this planet that love cannot fix. Love is wisdom, and knowledge. If this entire planet were to be thrown into a state of love right now, everything would change in an instant. The problem, is that people have identified with their egos to a point where they no longer recognize love, they identify with their fears, and they develop habits, such as greed, and this gets worse and worse as time goes on. The society that we live in has created these problems, and they are escalating out of control. All of the problems in this world are a direct result of ignorance of love. Every single problem. I dont know how else to explain it. We are all one, and this can be directly experienced. If you have not directly experienced it, then you have no valid arguement. This is why there are so many religions. Direct experience is the only way, its time people stopped being afraid of god, and realize they are not being judged, there is no man in the sky that decides if you go to heaven or hell. We are all god, we just don't know it. But we certainly can, if we are compelled enough.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Not necessarily. Well, it depends on what you mean. For example a child born into any tyrant's reign; to observe and be at the receiving end of torture, mentally and physically. Everyone can manage their own life to a certain extent, but that extent is a variable. If you were born a monarch, you're free to make your own life heaven and treat the "lower class" like rodents to be tamed or exterminated. Born into 19th-21st century Africa and left with no choice but to sell your own body simply in order to survive. The only saving grace here is the level of humanity in others to influence their species in a positive way. If there were less people vying for power & materialistic endeavors, perhaps the scales of heaven & hell could be tipped in the right way -- from apathy to empathy.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

with out evil there is no good they must exist together or they do not exist at all. We way these things off of each other.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I believe heaven and hell are a state of mind, so the argument could be made that we experience heaven and hell on earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join