It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red light on the north side of Fukushima plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This footage is from the TEPCO live came from the 14th. I am thinking helicopter but don't know.

Starts at 1:16 and continues across screen. gets really bright from 2:01 onwards.

Found at fukushima-diary.com...

the light does seem to be wider spread than if it was a helicopter though. very bright at times,
edit on 15-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

I think that is a time-lapse movie (going by the clock in the upper part of the screen), so it's really difficult to tell what it is.

It certainly could be a helicopter, but there is no way to be sure just by watching this time-lapse video.

edit on 8/15/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: sppellling

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

It's lightning. The feed is way sped up from real time. And checking Weatherunderground for that date it shows there were showers and thunderstorms that day and evening.

edit on 15-8-2012 by webpirate because: formatting

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yeah it's definitley lightning, there were some blue flashes aswell, and it's playing fairly quick, roughly 1 minute every 5 seconds or so, the cloud in the last 20 seconds of the clip looked cool though

Would have been better if the video quality wasn't so mushed! Them be some nice lighting flashes.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

I don't know. Maybe some of the flashes are lightning, but I see a red dot between the two towers at around 1:23 that does not look like lightning. That dot looks like an aircraft (could be a helicopter).

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It could be possible, with the high pixelation and low res of the video a helicopter strobe would probably loo like lightning as close range too, or it could be lightning and a helicopter, anything is possible!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

Yeah, I suppose it could be that we are seeing more than one thing on that video -- the red dot of light at 1:23 and 1:31 being a helicopter, the broad white-ish flashes being lightning, etc.

My main issue with this is that the video is sped up 20 times (one hour compressed into three minutes -- and each second spanning 20 seconds), which makes it of little use in trying to figure out what we are looking at....

...A lot of things could look "mysterious" in a video that is 20 times faster than normal speed.

edit on 8/15/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I don't know. Maybe some of the flashes are lightning, but I see a red dot between the two towers at around 1:23 that does not look like lightning. That dot looks like an aircraft (could be a helicopter).
They all look like lightning to me, including the flash at 1:23. That looks nothing like an aircraft at all.

No way to be 100% sure with such poor video quality, but I'd say very high probability it's all lightning.

new topics

top topics

join