It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's & Extra Terrestrials. Would the public be informed of irrefutable proof that they existed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This has long disturbed me as to the consequences regarding the finding of irrefutable proof being released to the general public.
UFO's are Unidentified Flying Objects and NOT Flying Saucers. If I remember rightly the first sighting was by a pilot who described them as being shaped thus:

With the verbal description "They flew in a way synonymous with that of a saucer being 'skipped' over a pond". This led to further sightings being described as "Flying Saucers"!
If one of these UFO's actually landed and Extra Terrestrials emerged then this would be irrefutable proof but to date we have no authentic report of one landing, crashing or being shot down. But, is there one and has it been kept secret and if so why?
Would not irrefutable proof of Extra Terrestrials who admitted to genetically changing our DNA in the past cause world wide panic?
What effect would this have on the numerous religions throughout the world?
Wouldn't the millions of people who rely on their religion as their rock be in suicidal mode?
I have pondered this subject most of my life (I am in my seventies) and I am convinced that should irrefutable proof be found it would have to be suppressed to avoid such a catastrophe.
Every time someone dares to suggest there is some truth in such reports they are quickly debunked. When someone dares to debunk the debunkers, these are quickly debunked again.
I believe that TV Shows such as "Ancient Aliens" are allowed purely because they can be so easily debunked by attacking the likes of Gorgio (The Hair) Tsoukalos and Erk Von Daniken by presenting them as idiots. Likewise with the "Planet X" garbage by Zecharia Sitchin and Bob Lazar and his Area 51 revelations as purely laughable.
Do the boffins really know something about our ancient past that is too disturbing to be released.
I seem to remember that a discovery that our DNA changed after our Hominid(n) ancestry (48 Chromosomes) to Homo Sapien which was reduced to 46 Chromosomes coinciding with our change to Hunter-Gatherers some 250,000 years ago. This lasted for another 240,000 years (I believe) until it was discovered that 9 of those Chromosomes had been genetically modified (?) from which we then developed our agricultural and architectural ability. Some boffins have described both these events as some sort of 'Quantum Leap' which could not have happened through evolution. Some say it could only have happened under laboratory conditions.
I have an open mind on these subjects but, as I stated in my opening sentence, it disturbs me that should irrefutable proof come to light I very much doubt that it would be revealed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Of course they would suppress it, cant have anything going against the judeao-abrahamic faiths. Their level of control would fall through the floor, however they would probably still prefer to believe in an omnipotent being that has never been proven rather than something staring them in the face. I can almosty hear the cry of Demon already

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Yes, I could not possibly see the Muslims, for instance, giving up on their religion and this would surely turn them (even more) against us so-called 'infidels'.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
Of course they would suppress it, cant have anything going against the judeao-abrahamic faiths. Their level of control would fall through the floor, however they would probably still prefer to believe in an omnipotent being that has never been proven rather than something staring them in the face. I can almosty hear the cry of Demon already

That argument keeps being put forward, but I don't see the logic. Can you name a statement from a relatively contemporary stateperson for any of the 'major' faiths that says it believes that Earth is the only planet on which life exists? People made a big deal about the fact they were open to life elsewhere years ago and people thought this was some kind of planning for disclosure, but I have yet to find where they ever said the opposite.

This also raises a question in itself - what if sentient ET life shared a faith system similar? Would all atheists then go into meltdown and declare them demons?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

Some say it could only have happened under laboratory conditions. What's to say that planet earth is not the laboratory. I think that's the part that people would freak out about, realizing that they to are a part of the experiment.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly here but are you saying that if Planet Earth were the Laboratory then wouldn't that be conducive to natural evolution as against the 'boffin' theory of Genetic Modification?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

My personal feeling is no we wouldn't be told , it would just cause to many problems for those in control .
I believe if or when they found/find microbial life on Mars that wouldn't be seen as a problem so we would be given that information as it would just create a bit of a buzz and give us something to speculate on , but intelligent life capable of doing deep space travel would be seen as a threat to the status quo and would be something that we don't need to know as it would cause unrest ....though I don't believe it would , its the 21st century and I think that we are ready and capable of handling the truth .

No doubt some wouldn't take the news all that well but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs and the need of the many and all that

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
can't stand the smarmy interviewer but Corso wrote a book about it called The Day After Roswell

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The irony is that if we're not told, people claim the information is being suppressed, but when the time comes to announce that contact has been made with extraterrestrial life, people will scream that it's a hoax and "false flag." We will know very soon that there is life on other planets, and it won't destroy religion.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
and the need of the many and all that

that's right and we need their technology or at least a small part of it to get off fossil fuels and to clean up this planet.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Do the boffins really know something about our ancient past that is too disturbing to be released.

The truth is always empowering, no matter how shocking or "disturbing" it may be when we first hear it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

If one of these UFO's actually landed and Extra Terrestrials emerged then this would be irrefutable proof but to date we have no authentic report of one landing, crashing or being shot down. But, is there one and has it been kept secret and if so why?

At least one landing is documented and part of history:

Valiant Thor from the Planet Venus

The landing of Valiant Thor was perhaps the first documented landing of a human-type alien by military officials. He contacted an individual in the Pentagon who was an advocate of the UFO alien situation. "Nancy Warren" in turn contacted a minister, who was also a private investigator and theologian, a Dr. Frank E. Stranges, who then met with this individual. Dr. Stranges had been a guest speaker at the National Evangelistic Center for two weeks.

Val Thor landed in Alexandria and met with the President to discuss the world's problems and offer advice and counsel on how to deal with and eliminate them. He indicated to Mr. Eisenhower that the world was in a precarious situation and that if the world continued to proceed on a war footing - it would cause an economic imbalance throughout the world. Val Thor stayed on Earth until March 16, 1960, and then disembarked to his home planet Venus.

He indicated that his race of people lived and dwelled underground and that many of the planets throughout the universe sustain life in this same manner. He stated that a group from a distant planetary system would be coming to give aid and data to help the Earth's progress. Val Thor spoke of Christ's Presence in the universe and that it was heartwarming to see Christ's advanced teaching continuing. This visitation at the Pentagon marks perhaps a new era in knowledge, wisdom and understanding on our planet.

www.theallseeingeye.us...

ABOUT THE COMMANDER (Valiant Thor)

Wouldn't the millions of people who rely on their religion as their rock be in suicidal mode?

I'm sure many will commit suicide during the final gasps of planet Earth as she rolls over and purifies herself, thrusting all into the Spirit World in an instant. I strongly believe there will be an evacuation of Earth before this, but cannot, of course, be sure of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

How can you not see the logic. Ok, lets try this then, most religions especially the major ones all have us down as being created in gods image, ie homo sapien, now imagine if life evolved in a different atmosphere with all the variances that there are. Take 'Paul' for example, if an alien looked like that how will the 'church' explain that, i wont say Demon again as i lready mentioned it in the previous post.

The next thing could then be, ah yes we visited your world blah blah blah, so half the stories from all the religions that attested to angels or even god himself could have been pre-contact, so how will religions explain it ? they will be made to look rather insignificant quite quickly, especially once people start realising exactly where all the money they donate goes to

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I am not sure about that, it seems the level of religious fanatism is so big that even microbial life may be kept secret to not shatter the religious lies.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Some people believe we have already had disclosure. Disclosure by witnessed sightings, and disclosure by government and military personnel. Some people will ask, "how much more disclosure do you want?" I believe the most common type of disclosure people think about, such as aliens landing on the White House lawn, or disclosure by the POTUS, will never happen. I think the only time our government would admit full disclosure would be if aliens made a bold move and openly disclosed themselves, in a significant way. Basically, if aliens have been visiting us, and our government is aware, the reason they are so quiet about it is because they cannot control it. The government will never admit that they are powerless against them. It's better to say nothing than admit weakness.

Back to religion, the Vatican already admitted intelligent life could exist in the Universe, if discovered. I believe that bought most of the religious zealots a free "get out of jail card," or don't blow your brains out because God made everything.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
reply to post by something wicked

How can you not see the logic. Ok, lets try this then, most religions especially the major ones all have us down as being created in gods image, ie homo sapien, now imagine if life evolved in a different atmosphere with all the variances that there are. Take 'Paul' for example, if an alien looked like that how will the 'church' explain that, i wont say Demon again as i lready mentioned it in the previous post.

The next thing could then be, ah yes we visited your world blah blah blah, so half the stories from all the religions that attested to angels or even god himself could have been pre-contact, so how will religions explain it ? they will be made to look rather insignificant quite quickly, especially once people start realising exactly where all the money they donate goes to

The logic is easy to see. There is exactly one line in the bible I'm aware of (not a regular reader) and that is the one - I wouldn't have thought it was that much a hardship - and besides, if sentient ET life exists, neither you nor I yet know what it looks like.

You are now throwing in the 'ah yes, we've been here before' bit. More specualtion on the assumption they have?

Let's face it, we don't know because it has yet to happen. Any debate is purely hypothetical.
edit on 15-8-2012 by something wicked because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by OzTiger

At least one landing is documented and part of history:

Calling Valiant Thor documented is like calling Sherlock Holmes documented, the only difference is people are aware that Holmes is a fictional character in a document.

I don't understand how you can use that as an example when there is nothing to back up his claims whatsoever, and I understand it's even doubtful such a character actually ever made those claims. For it to be history there would be official records in the presidents diary of the alleged meetings, and also acknowledgement by the FBI - neither exist so how can it be classed as anything other than another myth?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTigerI seem to remember that a discovery that our DNA changed after our Hominid(n) ancestry (48 Chromosomes) to Homo Sapien which was reduced to 46 Chromosomes coinciding with our change to Hunter-Gatherers some 250,000 years ago. This lasted for another 240,000 years (I believe) until it was discovered that 9 of those Chromosomes had been genetically modified (?) from which we then developed our agricultural and architectural ability. Some boffins have described both these events as some sort of 'Quantum Leap' which could not have happened through evolution. Some say it could only have happened under laboratory conditions.

Ok...so...there's some really bad anthropology going on here.

The term 'hominid' applies to all Great Apes and includes humans, chimps, gorillas, and orangutans. Homo sapiens sapiens (anatomically modern humans) ARE hominids, so there can't be 'change' from 'hominid' to Homo sapiens sapiens. Semantics, I know, but your terminology is wrong and I think that may be part of the source of confusion.

The Homo genus is around 2.5 million years old. I'm not sure what you mean by a 'change to Hunter-gatherers,' since foraging and 'hunting' behavior is inherent to all great apes and is especially evident in chimpanzees, who fashion simple tools to spear small animals, use certain types and shapes of rocks to crack open nuts, etc. I'm assuming you mean the use of tools to process game and other food, in which case that has existed since the dawn of the Homo genus (2.5 mya) with Homo habilis' use of what we anthropologists call the Olduwan tool complex. However, tool use may even predate H. habilis and extend back into the very end of the Australopithecine genus that came slightly before H. habilis and overlapped for a little while.

From that point, there's a fairly well-represented and generally confirmed gradual transition into increasingly gracile, more 'modern' skeletal morphology. In other words, we don't go from H. habilis' morphology to looking like we do now with nothing in between. This is a very long process with no 'sudden' or unexpected changes. Similarly, H. sapiens sapiens show up somewhere around 200kya, but we see a very gradual change to behaviorally modern humans around 50kya or so. Some estimates push that back to slightly earlier dates, but 50kya is a nice, round number for the purposes of this discussion.

Abstract thought and expression - art, language, etc. - are the requisite proof of high-functioning primates, and those things long predate agriculturalism in H. sapiens sapiens, not the ability to plant seeds or stack rocks high enough to make a barricade. Recognizable art shows up around 40,000 years ago, but may have existed as far back as 70,000 years ago. Formal language is around 100,000 years old, but it's not created in a vacuum and there is evidence of symbolic communication from well over 1 million years ago.

As far as your chromosome argument, sequenced DNA is exceedingly rare (nonexistent) in anything older than Neanderthalensis. The DNA studies done to look at human origins are comparative between modern populations. In other words, they assume that, over time, DNA mutates at a fairly constant rate. They then take samples from, say, Homo sapiens sapiens and compare them with Pan DNA to come up with estimates of how long it would take, given steady rates of mutation, to end up with the differences present today between humans and chimps.

edit on 15-8-2012 by samcrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Sharp like a razor gortex.

Same opinion.

Stars.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There is a sect about an alien from Venus and this Val Thor may be it. Stay away from such, it's not any better than the religious fanatics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join