It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.7 Okhotsk Earthquake AGAIN at beginning of Earth, Venus,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The Mega Quake that just happened in Russia happened again during a long alignment of the Earth, Venus, and another body, in this case Pluto. Venus was 1 minute and 13 seconds from perfect alignment, and just at the beginning of the alignment as the theory predicts. The alignment last longer than three days as the theory requires.

This mechanism cannot predict earthquakes, but it can identify ALL times of the year when a Mega Quake is possible and identify ALL times of the year when a MEGA quake is not possible. For anyone interested in Earthquake causes, mechanisms, and predictions, we can definitely state that we know at least one cause.

I can provide a simple analogy of why and how this works, and why the elevation of the bodies above or below the ecliptic plane does not matter. Please spread this knowledge around as Dr. Omerbashich's work as outlined below, could save many lives if better known.

BACKGROUND:

Just as the very obvious connection between lunar and solar tidal forces took more than 200 years to be accepted by the rigid orthodox scientific mind, and that only grudgingly, it seems like it will take a very long time for the very obvious connection between Omerbashich alignments and Mega Quakes to be accepted.

Mensur Omerbashich is a Serbian edge scientist who had identified a certain type of alignement between the earth and at least two other solar system bodies as linked to mega quakes.

NOTE. Omerbashich's work clearly shows, as I will detail below, that mega quakes happen during such alignments. IT DOES NOT SHOW the opposite. In other words, a great many alignments such as happened during this quake happen WITHOUT mega quakes.

Omerbashich is a lightning rod for criticism because, unfortunately, a great many people grossly misquoted his work to spread fear about the comet Elenin. Anyone who reads Omerbasich's work will see that all such quotes were out of line. In fact his articles, which I will link to below, specificallly state that the alignments with Elenin that cause so much fear would NOT cause any seismisity as they did not meet the criteria. As everyone knows, they did not, so he was correct in that assertion.

There were a number of hatchet jobs on him done by pseudo-scientific writers such as Ian Musgrave (google him if you wish) who clearly did not understand his work.

You can read the main paper at:

Astronomical Alignments as cause of M6+ Seismicity

As many have thrown out the baby with the bathwater due to the gross misquoting of this work by people like Terrall Croft, I will sumarize one of the simplest to understand pieces of evidence.

At the bottom of page 5 of the paper linked above, a chart shows every 7.7 or greater quake that occured between November 16th, 2000 and March 11th, 2011, the Fukishima quake.

Every single quake occured during an alignement that last 3 days or more between the earth and two other solar system bodies. As there are about 40 such alignments a year, that last three days or more, and there were about two earthquakes per year, the odds would be calculated at 40/365 x 39/365 multiplied 11 times, if I have my statistics correct. That probability is absolutely beyond chance.

Almost half of the mega quakes happened during the full or new moon.

At the bottom of page 6 in the same report, another chart shows top 11 largest quakes ever recorded with instruments instuments. These quakes range from the smallest one, the 8.6 Alaskan quake on March 9th, 1957 to the largest ever recorded, the 9.5 quake in Chile on May 22nd, 1960.

EVERY SINGLE QUAKE occured during a long alignment. Interestingly, as will be shown below, 9 of the 11 mega quakes listed occured during an Earth - Venus - other alignment or during a full or new moon. The odds of this being coincidence are ridiculously, impossibly low. Anyone who is not hopelessly rigid in their thinking can see this, although there are a lot of rigid minds around at this point in the Kali Yuga.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Planetary alignments can not and do not cause earthquakes, take this from a geologist. There is no correlation between earthquakes and alignments.

Here are some figures to demonstrate just how little of an influence such events have on Earth relative to the Moon and even that doesn't cause earthquakes.

seismo.berkeley.edu...
edit on 14-8-2012 by NoExpert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
saved the paper so further reading but I must say that you have some interesting subject matter regarding the earthquakes and alignments... This has always interested me and I am looking forward to the read... Does make me wonder about the alignment scheduled for later this year... thanks op

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here we go again.

Please show me correlation data for the last 100 years proving this. I will help you out so you dont waste your time. You cant because it doesnt exist. There have been coincidences but when you actually look at the data there is NO SIGNIFICANT CORELATION.
edit on 14-8-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna

hi Melyanna, thanks for that...

yeah, i have a hard time believing that outside forces do not contribute to earthly phenomenon...

i will await the rest of your argument.,..

seeya

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NoExpert

No Expert

Shame on you for posting such an unthinking response. Read the papers, review the math. Use your head, It is unarguable. People like you burned leading thinkers at the stake for stating the obvious. It is people like you who tried to keep everyone believing that the earth was flat, that the sun revolved around the earth, that there is no aether.

I will not respond to any more drivel like this fron unthinking people who think a degree makes them a scientist.

Take your brain out of the box and put it back in your head.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Not sure what you mean by the rest of the argument... what are you looking for?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Underduck

Read my post down to the bottom. The data is there. Think before you speak.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna
reply to post by underduck

Underduck

Read my post down to the bottom. The data is there. Think before you speak.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar...you might want to spit that newbie vinegar, out of your mouth, before your *maybe* interesting thread flies south.....just sayin'...

Des

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NoExpert

Berkley is speaking from their anal orifice.

the article posted by the OP is solid and easily verified.. observe the alignments and see there are 3 times during alignments earthquakes occur and thus.. can be predicted.. the secret is out.. and the game is going.. byebye

initial onset as the planet/body reaches within range and the gravitational force grips the planet.. at or near the closest point.. and then the vanishing point as the planet/body moves out of range and let's off it's grip of gravitation.

too easy.. now everyone can predict earthquakes.. yaay you're all prophets
edit on 14-8-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

A 7.7 is NOT a "mega" quake.

Sensationalist tripe.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I would like to think there may be a correlation between earthquakes & planetary alignments....

I had never heard of Mensur Omerbashich before and was surprised to read RationalWiki's description of him, it's so scathing it almost seems as if someone is trying really hard to discredit him....

Every single quake occured during an alignement that last 3 days or more between the earth and two other solar system bodies. As there are about 40 such alignments a year, that last three days or more, and there were about two earthquakes per year, the odds would be calculated at 40/365 x 39/365 multiplied 11 times, if I have my statistics correct. That probability is absolutely beyond chance.

Can anyone confirm if these stats are correct? I would love to be able to but that's beyond me unfortunately

Anyway, I'm going to have a read of the Arxiv papers...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Is Bernard back again?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Distinyone

You are right. My response is actually an intentional experiment. I have noticed that alot of threads get an immediate and very sarcasit response that seems to close down any real discussion of the actual issue. Thought I would try a ritual public hanging to see how it changed the overall direction of the thread.

I guess we'll see. I have been a member for many many years under another user name.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

A 7.7 is NOT a "mega" quake.

Sensationalist tripe.

It is sensationalist.

I too thought that a 7.7 quake was not 'mega', until I looked it up.

From the MacMillan Dictionary:

mega-quake noun a very powerful earthquake, which measures more than 7 on the Richter scale

I was surprised. I figured megaquakes would be much more powerful.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

CaticusMaximus

The word 'Mega' is subjective, but you do have a point. I notice that you didn't respoond to any of the facts though....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

Hi ParadisPurple

I share your suggestion about the treatment of Omerbashich. His observation leads one to begin contemplating a very different physics from the obviously incomplete stuff in the textbooks, which could be a reason that he is being slammed so hard. Got to keep everyone off the trail of real knowledge...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I have been a member for many many years under another user name.

That's interesting. Because in your Introductory thread you claim to be a "long time lurker".

I'm only pointing that out because if you can't be honest in who you are, can I really trust the data your advocating??

Also that report links Elenin to EQ's, that has been disproven.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Hi OneisOne

Both of your comments are logicallly incorrect, so not much I can say to you.... If you care to discuss the FACTS I have posted, I will be happy to discuss.

Melyanna

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Is Bernard back again?

Oh no, not again please! If so then I am officially ATS's biggest sucker & I will never post again

Unfortunately I couldn't make any sense of the Arxiv article anyway... Off to find some threads here, hopefully they'll enlighten me...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join