It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Days of Creation Completely Explained. No Errors - Science and Genesis Agree

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The Genesis Code

This was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It has it all. The move has a sequence that last 22 minutes that goes through the entire physics behind Genesis and time dilation by God's perspective. The example used with the movie is of the narrowing of time within a singularity or curved gravitational space. By God's perspective, 6 days is not what our time dictates by perspective and frame of reference. When the 6 days are paired with what science says happens on each of these epics of time by our perspective, they match. The trailer gives an overview, but the movie sequence needs to be seen. Not only this, but the movie is a commentary on the bias of the cult of reason in relation to faith and evident truth. It has a love story and a twist at the end that makes it an amazing movie to share with your children. Our family loved it.

Consider this video by comparison to the concept:

Related Thread: LINK

Also, consider these threads:

The Quantum Mechanics of Salvation by Collapsing Wave Function as Applied to Faith of Possibility

Mystery Document from the Dead Sea Scrolls Reveals Good and Evil by Purpose
edit on 13-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Actually it goes like this:

‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

creation.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've never understood why it has to be one way or the other. Or why people think the creation story was meant to be taken literally.

If God created us the way we are - smart, creative, inquisitive - why would He take away all the mystery by explaining things?

As a non-christian who believes strongly in God, I have always felt we were given this fantastic, complicated, unsolvable mystery (natural world) to occupy ourselves. I've also always felt the creation story somewhat lined up with science's explanation.

I don't believe men evolved up from plankton, etc. - but I have no problem believing that there were many forms of pre-modern man before "Adam & Eve" turned up. Why not?

Why not anything? Christians seek to put God in a little "box" as much as any non-believer ever has.

I choose to believe it may all be bigger and more amazing than we even know. And every day we have the opportunity to discover a bit more of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

creation.com...

Another interesting scripture regarding God's time scale is:

(Psalm 90:4) . . .For a thousand years are in your eyes but as yesterday when it is past, And as a watch during the night.

A watch in the night is 4 hours. So 1000 years is likened to just a few hours in God's eyes. Time therefore is indeed relative.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

creation.com...

YES!!! This was the key verse they used in the movie that got them thinking about time dilation and that God was telling this from HIS perspective. Good call. We could think: "God must exist in an infinite gravitational space. This would allow for him to be outside time by perspective. Like being on the edge of a black hole, you age and he doesn't." This wouldn't be accurate. God is above by dimension, outside this space.

Another consideration: Nothing exists before God was. We assume God is speaking about all that is to Him. Not necessarily. It could be all that is to us. There could be a very rational explanation for His existence from nothing to something, both Alpha and Omega. By our perspective, this is true in our reality. By dimension, it could be the start of what we will discover when passing from this place. Above the 5th dimension, time is not a conceptual reality, but a probability factory with more above.

edit on 13-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

creation.com...

(Psalm 90:4) . . .For a thousand years are in your eyes but as yesterday when it is past, And as a watch during the night.

A watch in the night is 4 hours. So 1000 years is likened to just a few hours in God's eyes. Time therefore is indeed relative.

Don't forget the Epistle of Barnabas:

Epistle of Barnabas 15:3

"Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Great thread. I've often enjoyed reading your posts, enoch. I have always disagreed with the notion that science and religion are incompatible. In fact, I often like to say that "Science is the modus operandi of the divine". I can certainly understand why some people feel this is not the case. There are some ignorant ideas out there within the religious community (Christian or otherwise), but the same could easily be said about Atheists.

To me, there is simply no reason why Science and God cannot co-exist. I have often thought of the 6 days of creation as you have posited here (due to the very scriptures referenced above).

S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by Sparky63

creation.com...

Don't forget the Epistle of Barnabas:

Epistle of Barnabas 15:3

"Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

Seeing that you posit this, I am curious then if you believe the earth was created in 6000 years (prior to Adam). We have a pretty good idea that the earth is much older. I prefer the ideas put forth in the first video you linked, personally.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A truly faithful person doesn't require science for validation.

Or organised religion.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

All of God's word is a foreshadowing of things to come. His 6 days are by his perspective during creation, but after mankind was created, the next six were by our perspective and the generation of the precesion. The fact that God gives us the key of one day being 1000 years also includes another key. 72.222 years is one generation of the precession of the earth (26000 divided by 360). Enoch told the watchers they had 70 generations until judgment. Enoch was taken at 950. 70 X 72.222 is 5055. That's 6000.

God is the Father. His 6 days are by his perspective. Adam is the Father of mankind and lived nearly 1000 years. Abraham was the next Father. As we approach a singularity, there is compression, but one day still appears consistent to us. This is the law of inverse squares. As we approach the source, we gain knowledge and population increases. We return and are gathered back again.

Consider the knowledge in the Bible. It is complete. As time expands, our knowledge then goes from incomplete to complete. The reflection in the Bible shows this progression. We see the events of the OT incomplete compared to those in the NT. Threads such as this then expand that knowledge further. It's the law of inverse squares. The screen catching the light is our awareness. The distance is our approach back to the source.

Gravity and time dilation are tied to the way light spreads and is gathered.

edit on 14-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
A truly faithful person doesn't require science for validation.

Or organised religion.

Religion is organized giving. A person can give and receive apart from going to church, but fellowship is part of love. Science is necessary for the extrovert to validate his inner nature. The introvert needs religion to validate what he fears on the outside. The universe is geared toward two becoming one. Religion is the female and Science is the male. Read the article linked in my signature on why science and religion are at odds. It may make more sense why one needs the other. They are the same faith, approaching at opposite ends of the inverse square.

Science examines the spread of light and traces it back toward the source by measurement. Religion catches the light on a screen, knowing the source by relationship. One is concrete and the other abstract. Language is the same. Hebrew is concrete and Greek is abstract. There are 22 letters in the Hebrew and 24 in Greek. That's 46. There are 46 chromosomes that are comprised of 22 pairs and 2 sex chromosomes. They come together in sets and the two become one. The mind is put together in the process in such a way to reflect the same pairing of concrete and abstract, evidenced by the two sides of the brain. A person is further mirrored by this reasoning into soul and spirit. The two must come together and agree for dissonance to be resolved. Science and Religion are simply comparisons by lesser and greater cases. What is true for the lesser case is true for the greater. As above, so below. We are a reflection of the macrocosm by the reflection of our microcosm. What is true for us is true above in the cosmos. Science can help us understand the parallel. Religion tells us why.

edit on 14-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Fantastic thread, Enoch! It has always puzzled me why faith and science have to be "enemies". I see nothing in science that cannot complement faith, and nothing in faith that cannot complement science. To me the area of each field is defined as such: Science answers the "when" and "how"; Faith answers the "why". Science is the understanding of God's order in the natural world. There is nothing wrong with that. When those science supremacists proclaim that science does not prove God I have but one thing in reply: Science can answers philosophical questions when Philosophy can answer scientific questions.

Perhaps a philosopher can find an answer to a scientific question BUT it was done in an unscientific, thus invalid, way. I love the mystery of faith and the facts of science.

Keep the good threads coming.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There exists in the world today an unsteady marriage of science and religion, and they have been quarreling so much that divorce seems inevitable. Although they are still living under the same roof they are sleeping in separate bedrooms. Now just imagine what it would be like if they were to start _____ing again

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The video is interesting, however I am more inclined to believe a different theory. Ask yourself this, did God create Adam as a baby? If scientists saw Adam the day after he was created they would say he was (pick a number) 25 years old. But since he was created the previous day he would really only be one day old. I believe the same with the Earth. What if God didn't create the Earth as a "baby". Maybe the Earth was created as a fully formed aged world, just like Adam was. So scientists can test a rock and say it's a hundred million years old but it just appears that way because it was created as a "mature" rock. It's fun to speculate on these possibilities.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The video is interesting, however I am more inclined to believe a different theory. Ask yourself this, did God create Adam as a baby? If scientists saw Adam the day after he was created they would say he was (pick a number) 25 years old. But since he was created the previous day he would really only be one day old. I believe the same with the Earth. What if God didn't create the Earth as a "baby". Maybe the Earth was created as a fully formed aged world, just like Adam was. So scientists can test a rock and say it's a hundred million years old but it just appears that way because it was created as a "mature" rock. It's fun to speculate on these possibilities.

Its not speculation though - its fact. Don't second guess your proper conclusions as stated in the Bible.......

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

creation.com...

It also notes in your link

The first thing to note that the context has nothing to do with the days of creation. Also, it is not defining a day because it doesn’t say ‘a day is a thousand years’. The correct understanding is derived from the context—the Apostle Peter’s readers should not lose heart because God seems slow at fulfilling His promises because He is patient, and also because He is not bound by time as we are.

The text says ‘one day is like [or as] a thousand years’—the word ‘like’ (or ‘as’) shows that it is a figure of speech, called a simile, to teach that God is outside of time (because He is the Creator of time itself). In fact, the figure of speech is so effective in its intended aim precisely because the day is literal and contrasts so vividly with 1000 years—to the eternal Creator of time, a short period of time and a long period of time may as well be the same.

I was not clear on what the implied message was you intended to provide, so I thought the clear reflection of yours source should be presented for verification of the suggested meaning of 2 Peter 3:8.

Now personally I do not accept the first implied suggestion that the Creation Story is not inclusive to this premise. I humbly believe it has a lot of application to the 1 Chapter of Genesis.

Maybe that's just me though.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't see how people call the Genesis creation theory BS. As science learns more and more about how the universe was created it makes sense to us now...but what if we lived 20K years ago? God trying to explain how he created the universe to a cave man might of went something like this (almost the same way I explained it to my younger son - but I gave the caveman a British accent):

God: "Before this universe was here, it was a dark void. Everything existed in a singularity. Then that singularity expanded. With the expansion came with it neutron's and proton's - the building blocks of the universe. These neutron's and proton's combined into heavy hydrogen and helium atoms. These atoms then formed more atoms. They all started to combine together to make solid matter, like the planet..."

Caveman: "What? What's an atom? Planet?"

God: "A planet is the soil that is under your feet now. The area that didn't form solid matter became the space you see above in the night sky..."

Caveman: "Night sky, you mean the heaven?"

God: "The night sky is the void that was left from the atoms forming into matter..."

Caveman: "??"

God: "YES heaven, I also made the sun. After the atom's formed together to make the soil, they also formed together to make the sun. The sun was formed when enough atoms came together to form a ball of plasma. These balls of plasma..."

Caveman: "Plasma?"

God: "...Yes plasma, the light you see from your sun in the day. They also emit the points of light in the night sky..."

Caveman: "Sounds like a lot of work. How long did it take you to do all of this?"

God: "1.2 billion years..."

Caveman: "Billion years, I don't understand? How old are you?"

God: "Very old, but to me a billion years is nothing..."

Caveman: "How...??"

God: "A day, it took me a day."

Caveman: "You did all of this in one day?"

God: "YES, one day. In one day I created the heaven and the earth. I then created the light that is your sun. ALL in one day!"

Caveman: "...Is this story going to take long?"

God: "You have no idea..."

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

This was amazing. I was searching for something and came across it.

Thank you so much for sharing it. I was truly blessed.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No Errors?
i like the idea, but there are some errors on both the "science" and "religion" sides i could see from the trailer.

Time dilation - for it to apply to god, god would need to be in motion with the frame of reference of something.
before the big bang there is no frame of reference, but after it you could say he is moving faster than lightspeed. afterall he is everywhere at once. you would also have to assume that god is affected by timespace and could have gravity pull on him. but the laws of physics do not affect him, so everyday of creation would have to be the same amount of time. 1 day for god would have to be 2.25 billion years (13.5billion years /6 days). and that just throws the timeline in the movie trailer off the deep end.

man and adam - i am going to say man is a very smart ape with a brain that evolved, and adam is gods creation. Man first appears 250 thousand years ago, adam created 6000 years ago. 250 million years ago, there is no man, no adam. Every animal on earth today, did not suddenly appear on earth at the cambrian era, they evolved from it. and the species from the cambrian era evolved from the species before that. contrary to what is said in the trailer. again it just throws a monkey wrench into that timeline.

If the account of genesis from the bible is to be placed side by side with real evidence proven science, you should not have to bend the word of god to match the real timeline of the universe.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Six days is to mean six periods of time, that's the belief in Islam.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join