It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a camera that takes 1 trillion frames per second

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This camera is so fast it can record light in motion.
I dont know what to say - this is just super awesome.
I want one.
Kodak 1TFPS .. but this one is built by the best school on earth,... MIT

\super camera

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Quite amazing! The applications could be boundless. I love the fact the recording is so fast that there is time distortion. Speed of light recording and the light ripples go the wrong way. Beautiful!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
TF
It'll end in tears.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
TF
It'll end in tears.

Hey, I'm supposed to say that!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I watched the video without sound so I don't have a full explanation on the matter, but I do not one of the described techs in the vid was presented before to ATS.,

The coke bottle however is new to me, and it was quite amazing. I'm wondering how light seems like a little ball even when taken down to minuscule time periods. Will have to look back at this thread and what it talks about...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Woaw, just... woaw....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This may be one of the most fantastic technologies that make me jump up and down...!

The idea and processes that this could help enable just in research and investigations makes my mouth water. To be able to photograph and slow down the speed of light, this is wonderous!

edit on 8/11/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I have Cannon Camera...That sucks when capturing In night scenerio.....I want a birthdaygift on my next birthday ...that should be above one

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This has been posted here last year

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see how it works now. It cant capture the bit of film in one go . They have to shoot it again and again and again and then composite all the different bits of film on top of each other to make a complete film. Quite a lengthy process for something that takes a single nano second.

edit on 11-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

Quite amazing! The applications could be boundless. I love the fact the recording is so fast that there is time distortion. Speed of light recording and the light ripples go the wrong way. Beautiful!

What are you talking about? Time distortion? How is the world can an abstract concept be distorted? I sure wish there was a good explanation for when something like this is said.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cruddas

Just what the guy said at the end of the video?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cruddas

I guess you will have to actually watch the video. Hard isn't it?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Awesome great share - wondering if this kind of photography will have any bearing on solving what happens during the double slit experiment.

OP for finding and sharing

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just saw light in slow motion - and it looked like water at some point! I can't believe what I just saw - that was MAJOR.

Thank you, OP!

(Walks away dazed because still in shock).

Must share!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So light spreads in patterns similar to water, wow! I have never considered such characteristics of light, and thought it just evenly spread across surfaces. I am not really religious, more spiritual, but my first impression of the light moving and spreading across the surface was like tiny angels or light beings, or even suns dancing around illuminating everything. The way they can capture(reconstruct) an image from reflected light particles, from around a corner is pretty amazing too. I would love to see light move over a body of water this slow.

I was wondering what else this technology could expose to us and sound would be something cool to witness filling a space, or moving across a surface. Maybe get a smoke filled room and watch soundwaves.

Peace
edit on 11-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Very cool hopefully this technology helps us unlock more of the mysteries of the universe. MIT really does some pretty amazing stuff pretty consistently. Then again if all schools had funding like MIT had I don't think the amazing things would be as rare as they are now.
edit on 11-8-2012 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
This may be one of the most fantastic technologies that make me jump up and down...!

The idea and processes that this could help enable just in research and investigations makes my mouth water. To be able to photograph and slow down the speed of light, this is wonderous!

edit on 8/11/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

I think a lot of us felt this way. Very exciting. Really can't-wait-to-see-what's-next type stuff.

I hope some of this tech will stay in the private sector, and not just end up as advanced spy technology (which of course it will eventually be applied toward).

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What an Amazing piece of technology! We really are progressing with leaps and bounds! The thing that really blows my mind is that in a way this camera defies the laws of time... and space, I guess you could say. To see how light ebbs and flows thru our reality is mind boggling!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join