It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Betz Mystery Sphere of 1974 Revisited

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Maybe this is the Mars version of our Curiosity ?

A probe sent here to send back data and pics of us to some unknown planet ?

Why not ? We have done it to them !

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Very cool post Rubicant13. I would love to see any modern updates as to the final question posed in the article itself: "Where the Hell is it?". I wonder if the "orb" is still performing tricks. Love these kind of stories.

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
First thing that comes to mind is the move:

The gods must be crazy

Except this time we're the primitives.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Its twin set of non concentric magnetic poles and its ability to move back to a origin point once displaced. Ok this might be part of a Gyroscope on gravemetric space craft. Probably faulty so they jettisoned it. The materials its constructed from have an earthly origin. So no aliens involved. Just nice piece of Area51 technology.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hah! you think the aliens cannot make zumpthig zo zimple as shtainless shteel?
Ach du lieber dumkopf....!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
A side note...but when looking at that photo of Sputnik I noticed something strange.
Sputnik.

Glorification of the Eucharist, 1600.

Odd coincidence.

Anyway, I think this sphere was/is an alien probe. Like the Foo Fighters. Even modern NASA video footage showed little spheres in orbit, monitoring them.

Newspaper Article Apr. 16, 1974. "Scientists to test mysterious sphere"
It's legit. Thanks for bringing this story to our attention. S&F.
edit on 11-8-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Great story.

It's not too far from the Bermuda Triangle!

Perhaps a probe from cloaked craft/base in the triangle?

Or something thats slipped through a 'bermuda wormhole' / dimensional rift from another place in time or space?

Well there's my wacky thought for the day, now back to mundanity

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Excellent comparison...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

That's a good point. It is near the bermuda triangle. Who knows. Maybe it is earth technology. What is odd to me is how the Navy returned it. I would have thought they would have tried to keep it.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It is one of those crop circle making spheres, remote controlled by whoever making the crop circles. The internal magnets have two functions, navigation and generating radiation to cause the stems of the crops heated up.
Obviously, it somehow malfunctioned and ended up crashing and making fire in the local area. Even the UFOs crash due to the mechanical or electromagnetic malfunction. So it is no surprise that one of those things went out of control and crashed. It will be interesting to disassemble the whole thing and study their flying and navigating mechanisms. Remind you that the magnets were used in the Coral Castle mystery to lift few ten tons of lime stones. This same force can easly be used to fly around the space.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
reply to post by DrZrD

Dr. Hynek's examination of the sphere was excluded. The reason I believe it was is because he himself never examined it. The link that you provided states that he met with the blue ribbon panel in New Orleans. Nowhere does it state that he examined it.

i was thinking about this as well. if Hynek did indeed inspect it would there not be any writings by himself on it? i dont not own any of his books but there must be some other source other than articles saying he did.

I'd also like to add that why did they not put the part with the triangle in the photos? the olny mark on the thing and they dont have that displayed?
edit on 8/11/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thank You for this great post. This is why I come to ATS and it never ceases to amaze me at the creative & thought provoking comments coming from so many ATS members. Ya'all have some ideas I would of never thought of on my own. Once again Thank you for the great post and even greater imaginations of so many wonderful members.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Very interesting

I did not hear about this artifact yet , very good find i do remember reading about the Black Knight satellite some
really interesting stuff to read you gave me here

TheGreazel

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This is really interesting! I haven't gotten to "where is it now" yet, but found a link with pics and a lot of info. I'll keep reading through the thread to see what else people have cone up with. Until I find out, I'm sitting here thinking, "is it all but forgotten, sitting in a bag in a box in their basement to this day?" - guessing i'll find out soon enough. The one thing I haven't yet come across is claims of "hoax" - which, after all these years, is why i'm really intrigued. I'd heard of this before, but never really checked it out. Thabk you for bringing it to our attention! Not sure if i'm doing this right, I don't think I've ever linked to external content, but Here's the link I'm perusing

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Its twin set of non concentric magnetic poles and its ability to move back to a origin point once displaced. Ok this might be part of a Gyroscope on gravemetric space craft. Probably faulty so they jettisoned it. The materials its constructed from have an earthly origin. So no aliens involved. Just nice piece of Area51 technology.

The gyroscope/geometric craft thing is a really interesting thought. Not a "thing" in and of itself necessarily, but a component - I like it! Definite possibility. I wouldn't automatically discount the possibility of it being alien simply because it is made with elements found on Earth. It is highly unlikely that Earth is the only planet with iron, chromium,and nickel on it. Other planets may or may have elements we have yet to discover, but if you understand the basics of atomic structure, you'll know that the elements we kbow of are most likely the majority of what exists on other planets.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoExpert
Here's a newspaper article from around the time on the 'sphere.'

news.google.com...,4157030

thanks for sharing the google newspaper link....However, when i zoom in to read the actual article on the 'sphere' (page 13) it splices together the next page so you cant even read the actual article! whats with this?? is anyone else having the same issue?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Weird, well documented, not well known subject.

Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
At first I was thinking it could be ancient rather than something recently made but then I remembered reading that a neodymium (rare earth) magnet is said to only have a life span of a few hundred years. Although maybe we are not dealing with normal neodymium since it has two sets of N and S poles.

So what could cause it to create such poles? I'm guessing the two spheres that are said to be inside. The sphere itself is like Earth and the cores are like to different iron cores rotating in different directions creating this magnetism? Pure speculation on my behalf.

Maybe the reason this thing could roll up to the edge of a table and turn around could be because this thing follows the energy fields of whatever you place it on. Maybe it can sense when the fields are not present so it turns back to follow the field. Same with when you roll it and it comes back. It is attracted back to the energy field that gave force upon it?

I wonder what happens when this thing comes in contact with copper? Copper and neodymium magnets seem to have an almost anti-gravity effect so this is why I wonder what would happen the round magnetic ball was placed in a copper tube.

Start the video at 2:20 if you don't know what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 417francois

I

Sorry I didn't say which link was the page 13 it is DrArD post and the link starts with the word SKYLOOK (on page 1)

I don't know which page it is in that newspaper where you scroll to the right.

there is a good link in the first post that starts this thread

edit on 11-8-2012 by research100 because: added a line

thelegend a few posts up has the right scroll set on page 13 it it there.....all very interesting for sure
edit on 11-8-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Interesting thread OP. you've been coming up with some good stuff lately. I haven't been able to find much on the web these days. So thank you for keeping it interesting for me and submitting some good stories.

This thing is interesting. It doesn't seem dangerous. It emits no radiation. has weird magnetic poles. And when rolled like a boomerang it comes back to the person who rolled it. For some reason I keep getting the mental image that this is some alien child's version of a toy or something. Maybe a companion probe that would hover around keeping the kid entertained and when it broke the vacationing aliens just left it behind. EIther that or some florida panthers ate the alien family and the poor orb couldn't do anything to help. eventually ran out of power and was found where it pooped out.
edit on 10-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

And to add to your theory I submit that those who "warned" of the dire consequences of toying with this thing did so for one reason - things that humans cannot comprehend become dangerous. There simply MUST be something insidious about it if we can't explain it. I'm really surprised to have not heard about this prior to reading the OP. You have the military who won't claim it and can't identify it - also in the link to the external article there is no mention of NASA testing the artifact.

When the family started claiming supernatural things happening I became skeptical, thinking perhaps an external entity was attempting to scare the family. Time to keep reading - this sounds almost too good to be true from a possible alien standpoint.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join