It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK sending £5 Million to Syrian rebels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
State sponsor of terriosim once again going mainstream, and presented in such a matter of fact way. I personally am disgusted at this. My tax sterling is contributing to this.

Foreign Secretary William Hague is committing an additional £5m to fund communications equipment and medical supplies - mostly to the largest rebel group, the Free Syrian Army (FSA).

BBC

With UK nurses, police force & army all feeling the pinch of cuts to their services. I could think of a ton of things that 5mill could be better spent but instead they have decided to go public with their sponsoring of middle eastern terrorism. Worlds gone mad I tell ye..

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
"Communication equipment and medical supplies", yeah sure. Probably all made by British Aero Space Systems and delivered by Viktor Bout.
edit on 10-8-2012 by abdel because: forgot to put the quote marks in

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yea some strange stuff, stil remember this quoto from Bush jr?:

Any government that supports, protects or harbours terrorists is complicit in the murder of the innocent and equally guilty of terrorist crimes.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As a brit I am against this, we are in the chit here with the economy and they are sending money to terrorists? I would prefer it if cameron and cleggy went over and helped to defeat Assad in person. But whats the odds of that ? Not much as they are nothing but a pair of lying two faced cowards.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
NOt sure I really understand what's going on out there, but the British Government must be aware of the Radical Islamic groups that are part of the Rebels. I mean we even have British Muslims capturing British Photographers in Syria. You really couldn't make this up.

LONDON -- A British photojournalist has described the terrifying week he was held captive by radical Islamist militants in Syria, where he and another photographer constantly feared for their lives at the hands of "disenchanted" young Britons.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

Since when have Islamic extremists been interested in Democracy?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Wouldnt be suprised if the figure is double or quadruple in reality, suppose they have to put this story out to get into the consious mind of the sheep so as to avoid any future problems when questions get asked. Curious as to their reaction if russia or china began sending supplies to support a revoult in the UK. Yet we are suppose to sit here and accept our governments being in bed with terrorists in far away lands

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
As a brit I am against this, we are in the chit here with the economy and they are sending money to terrorists? I would prefer it if cameron and cleggy went over and helped to defeat Assad in person. But whats the odds of that ? Not much as they are nothing but a pair of lying two faced cowards.
just goes to show you that whether you vote Conservative,Labour or Liberal,you get the same.If only the sheep would realise this.I also noticed Cameron only two days ago got it stinking from a pensioner with cancer who has been refused cancer drugs on the N.H.S.
She got him a cracker about foreign aid on a radio phone in and asked why we fund the likes of India's space program.In effect i think this is even worse,war mongering posh boys who need a swift uppercut or two.Cameron and co. should be charged with terror offences,no trial and solitary for life.a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Imagine we are going armed and siege government buildings and shoot police and syria and iran supporting us with money and so on. Should be ok with same logic anyways.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
5 million? That is unbelievable. We have people in our own countries who could probably use a bit of a hand yet we would rather allow our governments send it over seas to fund the deaths of innocent civilians. Cameron does need an uppercut and all his teeth knocked out. Disgusting if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I believe you are bang on the money here.
How many of those countries who had an Arab spring had the muslim brotherhood waiting in the wings?

Perhaps it's time for the west to mind their own business in the middle east and just pay a fair price for the oil as in any other market.
Never gonna happen though.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

totally agree,all part of this crazy neo liberal agenda(agenda being the operative word),their way or the highway.

link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

I thought the pentagon math was shoddy... I.e. 10,000 dollars for a hammer 5,000 dollars for nails etc. etc. So looks like the U.K. has adopted the Pentagon accounting system with bandaids. I agree the U.K. economy could use the cash to help their own people.

link   

Originally posted by Plugin
Imagine we are going armed and siege government buildings and shoot police and syria and iran supporting us with money and so on. Should be ok with same logic anyways.

Wire me up with 10 million Ahmadinejad and I will give the greatest show on earth.. Even better, you dont have to touch a button.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I am really getting sick of Haggis & Cameron supporting terror groups with our UK tax money, I know of folk here who cannot get help when old in the home, there are people who are going shortly to attack our major cities and kill us in the UK, they hate us and all Britain stands for, yet we are funding them to kill folk in Syria, I cannot wait for China to realise they are next the UK & USA will attack, will they hit the UK first? I have spoken to many who hope they do.
The UK & USA both need a good hiding and soon, lets hope they hand Haggis & his gang on TV so we get a chance to sing out loud.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The US spending more see quoto below. My country (holland) also supporting those rebels/terrorists with money, not sure how much, but those rebels/terrorists better cash in and live as millionairs on an tropical island far away!

The White House has reportedly set aside $25 million for aid to Syrian rebels, although the assistance remains limited to non-lethal supplies such as communications gear, the State Department said on Wednesday.

The Obama administration originally set aside $15 million to help the Syrian opposition, but some time ago added another $10 million to the amount available, department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said.

"The 25 million dollar number actually is the number we're working from," Ventrell told a regular daily news briefing.

"I don't have the exact number of the money that has been has been spent... but the bottom line is we've already spent millions of dollars of this 25 million dollar pot and will continue as the requests come in," he said.

Separately, the State Department said that the United States has set aside $64 million in humanitarian assistance for the Syrian people, including contributions to the World Food Program, the International Committee of the Red Cross, and other aid agencies.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
delete me, double.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Any government that supports, protects or harbours terrorists is complicit in the murder of the innocent and equally guilty of terrorist crimes.

he just was admitting guilt and state sponsored =P

edit on 10-8-2012 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

You also have Saudi Arabia and Bahrain supporting the rebels in their fight for "democracy", yet Saudi and Bahrain are 2 of the least democratic nations on earth.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapterhouse

he just was admitting guilt and state sponsored =P

edit on 10-8-2012 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)
agreed,try doing something like this ourselves and you won't see the light of day again.they know they got away with it last year in Libya and that ninety percent of the population are either too self obsessed,lazy,stupid or don't care.and we wonder why the middle east hate us.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
For once i am glad to see so many people agreeing on something.
Not just here, but on various media outlets which have comments enabled (fun to see the factual comments squeeze through before being removed by the moderators,
SkyNews/BBC, as you do).

On a very serious note, is it possible to write to the UN about this? (or some other organisation/entity that has worldwide influence). I know my voice alone would not be heard on this subject, nonetheless i am disgusted by what this "unelected government" is doing to our country and others countries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join