It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House mum on reported new Iran nukes warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

White House mum on reported new Iran nukes warning

news.yahoo.com

The White House refused to comment Thursday on a bombshell Israeli media report that President Barack Obama recently received an updated intelligence assessment that Iran has made surprising strides towards being able to build a nuclear weapon.

The Haaretz newspaper reported that Obama had received a new National Intelligence Estimate (NIE)—the consensus assessment of the American intelligence community—that "Iran has made surprising, notable progress in the research and development of key components of its military nuclear program." The daily cited unnamed "Western diplomats and Isr
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-8-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-8-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well well, is this just another turn of the ratchet?
With the patient groaning on the rack of our sanctions,
are we turning up the heat intelligence wise now?
One more click of the ratchet, on more degree on the tipping board for war.......
The propaganda is now flying so thick and fast, they hardly have time to make em up these days.....
Is that the intention? inlimited cranks of the screw till somebody, i hope to god its Iran, twitches and the shooting snowballs from there....?
Who are these annonymous war mongering bastards who nameless get to reef the knots even tighter and put even more strain on situation.........
They never say.......??

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think it may be time to smash these fools.

Oh BTW, just saying.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou
I think it may be time to smash these fools.

Oh BTW, just saying.

Which ones?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Some fools need a bit of smashing alright........
um...............To which set are you referring?
Thanks..............s

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think the United States should rely on it's own intelligence regarding Iran and not on Israeli intelligence.

I find it slightly damning that it was from Haaretz that "leaked" a story about Obama receiving "damning evidence" from Israel about "advances in Iran's nuke capabilities"

If Israel wanted to provide legitimate intelligence to Washington, they wouldn't then be publishing that fact in newspapers. This appears to be done for propaganda sake.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
We really don't need to get in another war.

It has always been a matter of time until Iran achieved it's ambitions.

How many people must die for a hypothetical situation?

Just make sure they know if they try to use their weapons on anyone.

They will lose bad....Really bad.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well, how is that for Tit for Tat. Israel never is subtle, but I figured they'd wait and play this card later....unless Obama's leaking it strategically to back a move he's planning soon. Either way... That's quite a development.

The tit for tat that comes to mind is how badly burned and embarrassed Israel was on a couple things, including their plans for a temporary forward base for fueling. Everyone recall that? Yeah.. I don't think this helped Obama and the timing probably isn't appreciated. I figured they'd return the leaky favor. Israeli media source eh?

So I wonder....did Israel just know about the NIE or is this part of what Israel actually gave Obama themselves while on their recent visit to Washington. Now if it's directly from them to start with...this would be a payback with a very sharp point the public would never hear about or be meant to... I wonder..... timing and all...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hard to judge Wrabbit.....
I think Bibi is really wetting his pants to get it done,,,,,i am not sure...but i sense that there IS a window that everyone is trying to get us through before we actually wake the F up and take away their toys for good....like if they dont get this war done, then a whole other series of consequences will befall the PTB, and they dare not let it fail to develope any other way......
Like the Plan is " too big to fail."..........
Its either WAR.....or MASS ARRESTS...............

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
We really don't need to get in another war.

It has always been a matter of time until Iran achieved it's ambitions.

How many people must die for a hypothetical situation?

Just make sure they know if they try to use their weapons on anyone.

They will lose bad....Really bad.

Achieving sustainable energy should be all countries obligations, but I don't know why people should die for it.

and how do you use electricity as a weapon? I don't think Iran has enough wire to make a giant taser to go from Tehran to Washington.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

lol..

"Israeli media report that Pres.."

From this point on it smells like dead fish ..

Thanks for the post stirling

Muzz

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Any theories on what is in the report? Like what Iran actually succeeded with regarding their alleged nuclear weapons program? Perhaps, this information was given to the Obama Administration to get a more hawkish reaction about this crisis? If he continues on the course with sanctions and diplomacy? Israel will allow this information to leak on their end, and it could be an attempt to make the President's political situation more difficult. An October surprise, compliments of Israel? We all know the Presidential election is getting dangerously close to crunch time.

Republican candidate, Mitt Romney, was just in Israel a few weeks ago making the rounds. We all know the relationship between the Obama Administration and the current leadership in Israel has been rocky at best. We also know the President talks a good game, and this could be an attempt by Israel to compel the the President to put his money where his mouth is about Iran? This is a very interesting development, and I am curious to know what was found in that report? Have to wait and see . . .
edit on 10-8-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think the United States should rely on it's own intelligence

What?

Is that the same (lack of) intelligence that claimed WMDs in Iraq?

They need to dismantle their own nuclear arsenal before bullying other countries, don't get me wrong, I am against nuclear weapons, but monkey see, monkey do.

If Iran want nuclear for energy production, perhaps America should offer advice on construction rather than make allegations and try to provoke conflict.

Better yet, everyone should focus on alternative forms of energy.

EDIT: I wasn't having a pop at you there Blackmarketeer, or the American people.
edit on 10/8/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
My 2 pence ... Who's the only country to have used (more than 1) nukes against another country.. The US.. What I don't get is why do we need nukes ..we are all friggin human beings we all live on the same planet. Take away people titles (president prime minister emperor king etc) and we would all be the same

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Let's just assume this isn't the stereotypical media-driven pablum we are being treated to....

Does anyone else realize that the so-called "new Iran nukes warning" is only "alleged" by the Israeli media?

Or is it me?

Everything about this "theater" screams "production." They are either losing their touch, or have run out of tricks.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is an allegation.

President Barack Obama recently received a new National Intelligence Estimate report on the Iranian nuclear program, which shares Israel's view that Iran has made surprising, significant progress toward military nuclear capability, Western diplomats and Israeli officials have informed Haaretz.

From the Haaretz report.

This is not a fact. Please provide a copy of this report, otherwise, how do they know what was in it?

More propaganda. Their attempts are becoming more and more transparant.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
More propoganda so they can do what they already outlined doing many years ago.

They will keep up the rhetoric until Americans are begging them to go to war and...

SAVE US FROM THE BIG BAD BULLIES

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just get the freaking war over with already would ya, Quit this nonsense already.
If you think Iran has something you do not want them to have, then lay out a list of demands and give them a few weeks to respond.
If they tell you to jump in a lake,. then smack them down....or get smacked down.
Either way it is over and that is one less thing to worry about.
This dragging every single problem out for years and years does nothing but annoys the crap outta me.
Negotiated peace is a crock. it doesn't work.
You fight and the loser submits to the winners demands.....and you have peace. The way we are doing things now costs lives and resources we need not expend. and waste time that could be better spent elsewhere.

Germany is a better place., Japan is a better place,
Iraq is not a better place. Afghanistan is not a better place

You battle your foes until they no longer have the will to resist, you allow them to live with individual rights, let them taste what freedom is like....and once they taste it there is no going back.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

I disagree with war

1 - War only serves itself - it's function is to perpetuate further war.
2 - The people responsible for the war-mongering are NOT going to die - or risk anything, but they profit exorbitantly
3 - My children are not tools for private interests who think they are entitled to create war. They can't have them.
4 - War kills MOSTLY innocent people... not aggressors. Wars "accomplish" nothing.
5 - When wars "end" there is always a massive transfer of wealth... and the innocents are the ones paying for it.

For the record, I don't consider taking up arms in self defense as waging "war."

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

I agree with you and as an American and a very Patriotic one at that, my feelings are so mixed. I've done a couple lengthy threads specifically on all this and why it's such a horrible idea from different angles, but it seems things are going on and Obama forgot to call and double check my opinion.

The thing that has really come to disturb me is that Iran won't be the end. It just never is now. When I was old enough to understand what nations were, I got to learn duck and cover and the definition of a 'Total Overkill Zone' in a nuclear war. I lived in one.

Then that all ended....and some idiot told Saddam we didn't take official positions on M.E. border disputes. Off to war and 1990 resulted......and Africa was starving (again) and off we watched the nation go again right after that. Somalia! Oh...that was a hoot. No sooner did that end and it was Serbia we had to worry about... They were gonna destabilize Europe after all and putting them in their place was imperative. (After they had their run of massacres of course).

Whew... Surely we got a break? Oh hell.... The Cole, Embassies, Operation Desert Fox and Monica Missiles. UGH! Sho Clinton.. Shoo shoo......this next idiot can't be too bad right? He can barely form a sentence...how bad can Bush be?

Umm.. we don't even have to go there... but Iraq(Again!), Afghan, Libya. Yemen, Somalia (Again!), Djibouti, Pakistan & more! The many places we go and fight these days...

So.. I agree..but when you say, lets get it over with. I just kinda sigh to myself while I just wonder, when this is over, who is the next who we're going to be told MUST be invaded and MUST die to we can live? It'll be someone. It always is.
Hell, I didn't even mention Panama...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join