It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theosophy and Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A by-product of the enlightenment era is Theosophy. It is explained thusly:

Theosophy (from Greek θεοσοφία theosophia, from θεός theos, divine + σοφία sophia, wisdom; literally "divine wisdom"), refers to systems of esoteric philosophy concerning, or investigation seeking direct knowledge of, presumed mysteries of being and nature, particularly concerning the nature of divinity. Theosophy is considered a part of the broader field of esotericism, referring to hidden knowledge or wisdom that offers the individual enlightenment and salvation. The word esoteric dates back to the 2nd century CE.[1] The theosophist seeks to understand the mysteries of the universe and the bonds that unite the universe, humanity and the divine. The goal of theosophy is to explore the origin of divinity and humanity, and the end of world, life and humanity. From investigation of those topics theosophists try to discover a coherent description of the purpose and origin of the universe.

link to source

In a sense, this is what most of us here are doing. We are searching for answers. Except the devout Christians it seems. The devout born agains seem to be directly opposed to the searching for any answers.

The very word "Theosophist" seems to be a dirty word and is associated with Lucifer and Satan.
A person searching for answers can go about it in many different ways. But where is the harm in this search? What might happen? Is the fear that the individual might find that he/she no longer needs the Shepherd to lead them to the path of salvation every Sunday and Wednesday? Is this fear limited to the almighty dollar and the chance of missing out on someone's 10%? I believe that is the ultimate reasoning, and it is sold to the cult members many different ways to get them to try to discourage anyone from seeking anything that is outside of the realm of the church.

Is it a conspiracy? I believe so. The rulers of the church are against anyone not pouring dollar bills into their business. Saving souls comes at a high price. After all, you cannot save a soul without a big fancy building and many, many parishioners.

Is it possible that religion has lost it's focus? you decide.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think that Christianity should encourage people to search for the truth. If their religion is what they claim it to be, that truth-seeker will come full circle back to the church.

The problem arises when people realize that most religions and ancient creation stories are loosely based on the same stories/theories. So how does one choose which religion is correct in it's interpretation of the "word of god"?

But what really kills any religion is the fact that they require blind obedience. For free-thinking people it is hard to submit to something that is not tangible at all. So they step out into the world and look for answers that make more sense.

So in my opinion, Theosophy and new-age religions are all byproducts of the church itself.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Im a christian and i believe that there is no point i mean purpose in worrying about this Thoesophy because it is not real because Jesus the christ is the only way i mean Way to heaven where the good people go and Thoesophy is not about Jesus its about SATANISM AND SATAN IS THE ANTICHRIST WHICH IS MARK ZUCKURBURG WHO WANTS PEOPLE TO WORSHIP THE CROSS WITH SIX SIDES. The illuminati really dont like Jesus because he was good and the illuminati are bad and the freeMasons spit on crosses and eat black Eucharisitc wafers which is mocking.

the good doctor

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
A by-product of the enlightenment era is Theosophy. It is explained thusly:

Theosophy (from Greek θεοσοφία theosophia, from θεός theos, divine + σοφία sophia, wisdom; literally "divine wisdom"), refers to systems of esoteric philosophy concerning, or investigation seeking direct knowledge of, presumed mysteries of being and nature, particularly concerning the nature of divinity. Theosophy is considered a part of the broader field of esotericism, referring to hidden knowledge or wisdom that offers the individual enlightenment and salvation. The word esoteric dates back to the 2nd century CE.[1] The theosophist seeks to understand the mysteries of the universe and the bonds that unite the universe, humanity and the divine. The goal of theosophy is to explore the origin of divinity and humanity, and the end of world, life and humanity. From investigation of those topics theosophists try to discover a coherent description of the purpose and origin of the universe.

link to source

In a sense, this is what most of us here are doing. We are searching for answers. Except the devout Christians it seems. The devout born agains seem to be directly opposed to the searching for any answers.

The very word "Theosophist" seems to be a dirty word and is associated with Lucifer and Satan.
A person searching for answers can go about it in many different ways. But where is the harm in this search? What might happen? Is the fear that the individual might find that he/she no longer needs the Shepherd to lead them to the path of salvation every Sunday and Wednesday? Is this fear limited to the almighty dollar and the chance of missing out on someone's 10%? I believe that is the ultimate reasoning, and it is sold to the cult members many different ways to get them to try to discourage anyone from seeking anything that is outside of the realm of the church.

Is it a conspiracy? I believe so. The rulers of the church are against anyone not pouring dollar bills into their business. Saving souls comes at a high price. After all, you cannot save a soul without a big fancy building and many, many parishioners.

Is it possible that religion has lost it's focus? you decide.

Organized religion has a purpose... the slavery of mankind. (shameless plug for the thread highlighted in my signature block.)

"Seek, and you shall find." That statement pretty much sums it up for me... it is NEVER evil to search for knowledge, only evil if you abuse the knowledge you uncover.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Your comment

But what really kills any religion is the fact that they require blind obedience. For free-thinking people it is hard to submit to something that is not tangible at all. So they step out into the world and look for answers that make more sense.
struck me as very interesting. What effect do you think this has on Islam, the very meaning of the word is "Submission?"

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooddoctorred
Im a christian and i believe that there is no point i mean purpose in worrying about this Thoesophy because it is not real because Jesus the christ is the only way i mean Way to heaven where the good people go and Thoesophy is not about Jesus its about SATANISM AND SATAN IS THE ANTICHRIST WHICH IS MARK ZUCKURBURG WHO WANTS PEOPLE TO WORSHIP THE CROSS WITH SIX SIDES. The illuminati really dont like Jesus because he was good and the illuminati are bad and the freeMasons spit on crosses and eat black Eucharisitc wafers which is mocking.

the good doctor

This is a perfect example of what I mean.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
The problem arises when people realize that most religions and ancient creation stories are loosely based on the same stories/theories. So how does one choose which religion is correct in it's interpretation of the "word of god"?

Exactly!
Wouldn't it be better to search for what you believe rather than be told what to believe?

Reminds me of Pink Floyd Lyrics,
"shown how to feel good, then told.....to feel bad."

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You hit the nail on the head.
You See, Gnostic thought and theosophy are the forbidden. The fruit.
Christians are happy to thirst for any knowledge but.
Rice n peace

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooddoctorred
...the freeMasons...eat black Eucharisitc wafers...

I actually prefer the barbeque flavor eucharist, if I can not get those I will settle for the sour cream and cheddar.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Its probably better to replace the word "Church" with the word "Dogma" and the same "Dogma" can be used to describe any religious organisation. Most if not all root teachings of the multitude of faiths available encourage the disciple/student to question question question.

If you view the Christ story with objective eyes you can't help but notice that he was in the process of re-educating people, Judaism had stopped people seeing the divine in everything and instead imposed the view that salvation could only be achieved via a religious caste. Christ taught in the open, taught salvation through him (I have my own interpretation of what this means) he did not teach salvation through him via an intermediate agent ie: a priest.

Unfortunately the religious caste of the majority of religions has perverted and twisted the message to suit their own wants and desires, it is time to loosen the shackle imposed on us and seek truth where truth rests.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It is religion that keeps you from the truth, their goal is to HIDE the truth from you.

Religion and cults are nothing more than mind control with a massive stealth agenda centered around causing people to hate the truth.

Religion LIES, HATES, & KILLS...

Religion keeps you from knowing God
Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
All false religions are illuminati created

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Theosophical doctrine that there are seven planes of consciousness, each divisible into seven subplanes, has been shown mathematically to be encoded in the Kabbalistic Otz Chiim (Tree of Life), as well as represented in the Sri Yantra of Tantric Hinduism and in the five Platonic solids. To study the pioneering research that led to this amazing discovery, the scientific and philosophical implications of which are truly profound, visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
This is a section of the website at
smphillips.8m.com...
which shows that these sacred geometries not only are isomorphic to one another but also embody the group dymacids and space-time structure of superstrings. For the very first time, therefore, the interface between esoteric
knowledge about the physical universe and scientific discoveries in string theory are revealed, demonstrating the beautiful, mathematical harmony of ancient, esoteric/mystical traditions and theoretical physics.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What effect do you think this has on Islam, the very meaning of the word is "Submission?"

I think that Islam is no different that Christianity. It is only a different interpretation of the same primary source. Both require some level of submission, but differ in severity throughout the many factions within each religion.

Therefore, Theosophic beliefs pose a threat to submission to the church of any religion.

reply to post by network dude

Wouldn't it be better to search for what you believe rather than be told what to believe?

Yes. Unfortunately it is human nature to think that everyone should believe what we believe. That is even more true when it comes to our children.

Most religious belief has more to do with your parents and family than personal belief.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with searching for answers, but you must be prepared for the worst case senario for a spiritualist. Nihilism...

A nihilist reality is the most likely. Unfortuantely billions of people on this planet would rather die than live in such a world. We have raised all these children on a steady diet of delusion and fantasy..the withdrawls will kill the majority of the worlds population.

ill respect your search for answers aslong as you can deal with the truth. Otherwise im going to find the best way to lead you off into the dark woods and leave you there to self-destruct far away from anyone you would or could harm.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I agree with some of your statements. A lot of ministers now a days are in it for the money. Not to do God's will. weather your a believer or not. I will agree on some of it. I believe that true Christians need to start rising up. Instead of letting fake ones lead people and peoples opinons of us and most importantly God astray.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Most religious belief has more to do with your parents and family than personal belief.
This is why most people with beliefs do not believe those things with sincerity. They can tell themselves they do, but it's literally just lying to yourself. Most do not even truly like what it is they're doing, but do it because they feel they "have to." So really, how can one justify sincerity when he simply does what he's told? It's like a peasant that's told to reap the field because the monarch commanded it, and he, being a "lowly peasant" does it. Not because he genuinely wants to, but because he feels there's no other choice - because if he doesn't do it, he'll be punished or killed, and thus comes the myth of hell. If the peasant knew that he himself was as great as the monarch, would he even bother? No, of course not. He'd actually do something with his life. And so the trap of Western/Middle-Eastern religion is this system that belittles humanity, much like some scientists/Atheists/"Realists" do with their myth that: you're born and then you die and that's it - there's no real meaning to any of it - it's all a fluke. All these social institutions are the product of people who had an agenda. In the terms of exoteric Western religion and theology, it is mainly a system of mind-control and that life is very serious (much like secularists believe). It isn't.

Truly, if the Christian or Muslim or Secularist or whoever knew that he could be himself and live his life however he wanted, he'd be doing his creator or the nature of reality far more justice than if he simply knelt the rest of his life before others or before a celestial monarch. But you know, it's quite okay regardless. One must never fail to acknowledge the beauty that is the other side of the coin. They play their parts beautifully as do the rest of us.

The esoteric and mystical things of life are wonderful parts of the game for those who choose to play it. Life would be a complete bore and completely useless without surprise, mystery, ecstasy, adventure, that which enchants us (like the illusions of life), and so on. Things are hidden so that they can be revealed, not because they shouldn't be revealed. But as mentioned earlier, the beauty of life are all these differences, all these parts. The tapestry of life would be just as boring and useless without the exoteric, the mundane, the stillness, the known, and so on.

Without one, there would not be the other, in the same sense you cannot have a back without a front - they are all part of the same one. So as much as I'm amused by those who so fervently think life is only this, or only that, I must also laugh at myself, because I was that way as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

We are searching for answers. Except the devout Christians it seems. The devout born agains seem to be directly opposed to the searching for any answers.

The only "answers" that devout Christians are opposed to is the stealth satanic agenda hiding behind Theosophy.

The primary agenda of Theosophy is to further the New World Order...

"Helena Petrovna Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society in 1875. Her most popular work was a two-volume book she wrote titled 'The Secret Doctrine,' in which she woefully states...

"It is Satan who is the God of our planet and the only God."

Clearly, Helena Blavatsky was a devout Satan worshipper, and an enemy of the cross of Jesus Christ. She is also one of the pioneers of today's occult New Age Movement...

Theosophy, Satan worship, New Age, Freemasonry, and witchcraft are inseparable. They all hate God, hate the Word of God, and are committed to a one-world order, i.e., the Beast system of the coming Antichrist. LINK

Theosophy is a branch of Freemasonry. According to Constance Cumbey, Theosophy spawned the occult societies that in turn created Adolf Hitler and the Nazi ideology.

"They plan to outlaw all present religious practises and symbols of orthodox Jews and Christians," Cumbey writes. "New Agers have threatened violence and even extermination of Jews, Christians and Moslems who fail to cooperate with Maitreya and his new religion."

The Theosophical Society believes Lucifer is God which they identify with the Sun. In "The Secret Doctrine" Blavatsky writes: "In this case it is but natural ... to view Satan, the Serpent of Genesis as the real creator and benefactor, the Father of Spiritual mankind."

Theosophy And The 'New Age'

Freemason Henry Steele Olcott, who founded a Satan worshipping cult called the "Theosophical Society" along with the mother of the New Age Movement and Hitler's spiritual guide — Helena Petrovna Blavatsky. Freemasonry is the common denominator in most of America’s mainstream religions today.

Basic Understanding of the New World Order

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Theres nothing wrong with searching for answers, but you must be prepared for the worst case senario for a spiritualist. Nihilism...

A nihilist reality is the most likely. Unfortuantely billions of people on this planet would rather die than live in such a world. We have raised all these children on a steady diet of delusion and fantasy..the withdrawls will kill the majority of the worlds population.

ill respect your search for answers aslong as you can deal with the truth. Otherwise im going to find the best way to lead you off into the dark woods and leave you there to self-destruct far away from anyone you would or could harm.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)
Nihilism and other things that claim "realism" are as big a myth as a bearded man in the clouds that watches over everything. So if you think that's the way it is, then you're as delusional as anyone else.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
LINK

Wow. Jesus-is-savior, what a totally unbiased, unbigoted, hateless site. Is there any suprise that a fundementalist Christian website sees Satan (the make believe figure) hiding under every bed and in every closet?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I consider that description of Theosophy a good picture of the Christian seeking truth from the hidden mysteries God leaves for us. I would consider myself one of those searching out the mysteries as a Christian. As you point out, many Christians would never move along this path many of us follow for fear of challenging accepted theology. The more I search the clearer it becomes that the search is a direct way for God to develop our faith, even from error. We put God in a box and God promptly takes us out of ours.

As I have pointed out in many threads, there are two spirits at work in the world. I just finished a thread on this topic and posted it a few minutes ago. (EYES WIDE OPEN THREAD) The thread covers the twin spirits at work in the mirror reflection of reality. It's the best description of this I have found anywhere and agrees with scripture as far as I can see. If you go back to Genesis, mankind had two choices. One was to take the fruit of this knowledge we seek as a thief. The other choice was to earn it as a gift given to us by God. In our Pride, we took the knowledge, thereby listening to the Angel of Darkness rather than the Angel of Light. In the end, there is only one source for this knowledge and it comes directly from the Angel of Light. A copy can be found in a mirrored and distorted form from the Angel of Darkness. We see this copy in the shadow cast by the light against our own understanding.

I think Augustine said it well:

Augustine, from City of God

"And yet the validity of logical sequences is not a thing devised by men, but is observed and noted by them that they may be able to learn and teach it; for it exists eternally in the reason of things, and has its origin with God. For as the man who narrates the order of events does not himself create that order; and as he who describes the situations of places, or the natures of animals, or roots, or minerals, does not describe arrangements of man; and as he who points out the stars and their movements does not point out anything that he himself or any other man has ordained;—in the same way, he who says, “When the consequent is false, the antecedent must also be false,” says what is most true; but he does not himself make it so, he only points out that it is so."

If you get a chance, take a look at the thread I linked above. It is a defined view of why God allows two versions in an image. We all have the choice to seek the light, but only the correct path leads to God. Virtue is required. The search is open to all of us. Seek and YE shall find. YE is all of us.

At the end, Christ is what is sought.

edit on 8-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join